Racer100
  • Racer100

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Remember the strange man from red dead

Well what if there is men in black in gta v

I'm not talking about the movie I'm talking about actual men in black

It's been reported all around the world people have encountered these men and they seem to know everything about them

It's really scary and weird

funkybub
  • funkybub

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

The man from RDR was either death or god.

FrankieP
  • FrankieP

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Spoiler Alert ( Read Dead Redemption Story, small one ) : The strange man from Read Dead Redemption was an awesome addition to the already brillliant storyline. It would be great to have a mindf*ck like that for one of our characters, most notably Michael since he is the one seeking for therapists and all that. I mean, a character that knows everything about you yet you know nothing about that can leave you with great speculation even after completing the game. The fact that he was standing exactly where John Marston's grave was to be put gave a premonition of his future and I believe it was a great addition to the vibe of the western storyline.

Racer100
  • Racer100

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (FrankieP @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:13)
Spoiler Alert ( Read Dead Redemption Story, small one ) : The strange man from Read Dead Redemption was an awesome addition to the already brillliant storyline. It would be great to have a mindf*ck like that for one of our characters, most notably Michael since he is the one seeking for therapists and all that. I mean, a character that knows everything about you yet you know nothing about that can leave you with great speculation even after completing the game. The fact that he was standing exactly where John Marston's grave was to be put gave a premonition of his future and I believe it was a great addition to the vibe of the western storyline.

Yeah I,agree I really hope there's men in black or secret government men who try to go out and kill you

Go watch the video

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

It would be a little odd if they were actually involved in the story. There's certainly some interesting stuff about that but it's all very... anecdotal. Certainly it can be mentioned, especially by some of Trevor's crazy conspiracy theorist friends, but to treat it like reality would be the wrong direction, and it was one of the weirdest things about San Andreas when it went into all the alien conspiracy theory stuff in the story. I'm expecting GTA V to be a little more grounded.

TheDominoEffect
  • TheDominoEffect

Fall Like Dominoes

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

could be for michael as he is in witness protection, people could catch up with him and he would have to hide or alter his image

Racer100
  • Racer100

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

All the conspiracies in the world are true

Some of them are not but most of them are

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Racer100 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:28)
All the conspiracies in the world are true

Some of them are not but most of them are

The thing about conspiracy theories is, most people don't think they're true. Or rather, most people pick and choose which ones they believe in. That's why there's the difference between the "public story" and the "truth that we few know". So displaying them as fact simply because some people believe in them will alienate the rest of that audience, unless that were the actual subject matter of the story. Certainly, a story dealing with such men in black could be interesting. But GTA is a crime game, it's not about the strange things that go bump in the night, real or imagined. They could play a part in the atmosphere of the game, such as with the conspiracy theorists and the odd easter egg, but nothing concrete, just ambiguous in its reality just as this stuff is for most people. Actually having this secret, nigh-supernatural organization attacking the characters in the actual story is a little bit over the top, you have to agree.

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Sure, would be cool to shoot them in the face with a new suppressed AK

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:18)
Certainly it can be mentioned, especially by some of Trevor's crazy conspiracy theorist friends, but to treat it like reality would be the wrong direction, and it was one of the weirdest things about San Andreas when it went into all the alien conspiracy theory stuff in the story. I'm expecting GTA V to be a little more grounded.

I liked those missions in SA when you were doing The Truth a favor and looked into the "things" he told you about. You were merely doing a friend a favor, and in the progress you stumbled upon black technology projects by the army. Nothing "weird" about that really. "Conspiracy theory stuff" - there's often more truth to be found in that than in your every day newspaper or news on TV.

So, SA was grounded just as VC before and IV in the next generation. Hell, III was grounded too. All about revenge, the rise to power, living on the edge, living like a king - and V will be grounded too. All about the benjamins, the rush, etc.... Sh*t is real! Though I guess your "grounded" means the story may not go down any road you perceive as "weird", like the idea of the army developing stuff in secrecy.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:39 PM Edited by Mr. Darko, 21 January 2013 - 09:45 PM.

^
Sorry, but the glowing alien goo stuff was a little weird. Not the typical subject matter of a hoodlum trying to put his gang back on the map.

Racer100
  • Racer100

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:36)
QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:18)
Certainly it can be mentioned, especially by some of Trevor's crazy conspiracy theorist friends, but to treat it like reality would be the wrong direction, and it was one of the weirdest things about San Andreas when it went into all the alien conspiracy theory stuff in the story. I'm expecting GTA V to be a little more grounded.

I liked those missions in SA when you were doing The Truth a favor and looked into the "things" he told you about. You were merely doing a friend a favor, and in the progress you stumbled upon black technology projects by the army. Nothing "weird" about that really. "Conspiracy theory stuff" - there's often more truth to be found in that than in your every day newspaper or news on TV.

So, SA was grounded just as VC before and IV in the next generation. Hell, III was grounded too. All about revenge, the rise to power, living on the edge, living like a king - and V will be grounded too. All about the benjamins, the rush, etc.... Sh*t is real! Though I guess your "grounded" means the story may not go down any road you perceive as "weird", like the idea of the army developing stuff in secrecy.

I think there we will see men in black in gta v

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:39)
^
Sorry, but the glowing alien goo stuff was a little weird. Not the typical subject matter of a hoodlum trying to put his gang back on the map.

Well that's what happens when you hang out with a guy shooting acid, knowing things and having seen things the average citizen would know sh*t about ;D

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:43)
QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:39)
^

Well that's what happens when you hang out with a guy shooting acid, knowing things and having seen things the average citizen would know sh*t about ;D

Well I will say that the 'vibe' was there. The area where that stuff went down in the game had that sort of vibe, because it's like that in real life: the desert of Nevada, near Las Vegas (Venturas), with the parody of Area 53. Certainly some strange stuff happens in that place, or at least it used to (I doubt they do much in secret in Area 53 anymore now that so much attention has been placed on it, nowadays it would be in a location no one knows about: ah, see, I don't just believe everything the government tells me). It certainly made sense to give that area a creepy vibe and have rumors in the game. But to make it actually part of the story and basically insert the plot of a b-rate sci-fi film in a gangster story was tonally odd and a wee bit over the top.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (Racer100 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 15:08)

(and the man in RDR wasn't god or death, he was fate.)

No. I dont think it would make any sense to repeat that in another game unless its a Red Dead game.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Racer100 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:40)
I think there we will see men in black in gta v

We'll see FIB agents wearing black suits, and some of the mob guys will probably wear black suits too. But there will be no K or J or X or whoever to erase your memory with that red stick thing.

SmileyHam
  • SmileyHam

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

user posted image
You saw nothing.

Racer100
  • Racer100

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (SmileyHam @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:54)
user posted image
You saw nothing.

Lol

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:57 PM Edited by Mr. Darko, 21 January 2013 - 09:59 PM.

Huh, apparently I posted in this thread earlier. I don't recall that. Oh well.

There's no men in black, OP. You're just imagining things. Now go back to sleep.

I'll leave the door slightly open tonight if that'll help you. smile.gif

Racer100
  • Racer100

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:57)
Huh, apparently I posted in this thread earlier. I don't recall that. Oh well.

There's no men in black, OP. You're just imagining things. Now go back to sleep.

I'll leave the door slightly open tonight if that'll help you. smile.gif

I'm a little scared now

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:45)
It certainly made sense to give that area a creepy vibe and have rumors in the game. But to make it actually part of the story and basically insert the plot of a b-rate sci-fi film in a gangster story was tonally odd and a wee bit over the top.

I can somewhat see how it would seem "over the top", maybe. The subject might be too far out there for people, but at core that story arch piece was justified and it fit the journey of the character. You (C.J.) were doing a friend (The Truth) a favor, I don't find that aspect odd or off place really. Yes the favors TT asked were certainly "extraordinary" and had not that much relevance to the situation in the hood or the pursuit of revenge etc. But that's how life goes, you hang out with certain people you get in certain sutations. Situations you wouldn't have gotten into if you hadn't met them. Situations that get you off road a little, that's just real.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (FrankieP @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:13)

It was a great addition to the story but I think that sort of 'Twilight Zone' moment fit more with the Red Dead Universe, which is why Undead Nightmare worked so well. There will no doubt be some zany characters in the game, but maybe not so supernatural as the Man in Black.

Majestic123
  • Majestic123

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

There was a mission in San Andreas in which you fought the men in black on a plane. "Carbon based bafoon"

slogan-killer1
  • slogan-killer1

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:51 PM Edited by slogan-killer1, 21 January 2013 - 11:59 PM.

QUOTE (killahmatic @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:47)
QUOTE (Racer100 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 15:08)

(and the man in RDR wasn't god or death, he was fate.)

No. I dont think it would make any sense to repeat that in another game unless its a Red Dead game.

You have to at least have a valid reason as for why it won't work in GTA, be reasonable man

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Could be a nice addition there

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

I'd like if M.I.B. were around some secret base or something. That's the only way it would make sense, IMO. The M.I.B. are very real. I had some family and a whole town encounter them when a UFO landed in a forest outside of town. They were also all over the place when Mothman was sighted here. A whole town wouldn't lie about it, especially the older men and women from this culture. Back then, they'd rather die than lie about something, much less, something as crazy as a 10 foot tall reptile, known as the Flatwoods green monster, or Braxton monster, standing in front of it's craft in a suit, then, the Mothman, and the strange-looking/acting Men In Black. This was in the late 50's, I think. Most people in that town are still afraid to talk about it. These type of people don't make nut stories.

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Why not? These kind of things may work, I'd love to see them again

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

"Spooked ya!"

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Men In Black film ruined the spookiness of tj for me. I remember I was a kid and I used to get spooked out by that American tv show Unsolved Mysteries. One episode did a piece on them.

As for seeing them in GTA. I'd love to encounter a black car that follows you around the mountains and desert etc. how about we see Trevor's paranoid friend go on about them. One of our protags laughs in his face for believing such nonsense. But.. One day you are minding your own business in free roam and you happen to notice a black car with guys on suits. When you run over or get close, they take off. Ad they're really hard to catch. Impossible to catch. Until maybe toward the end of the game. You do actually nail the car and you get them. And the just kill themselves and you never find out.

I really want to be spooked out in GTA V one way or another.. That sounds cool.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:59)
Men In Black film ruined the spookiness of tj for me. I remember I was a kid and I used to get spooked out by that American tv show Unsolved Mysteries. One episode did a piece on them.

As for seeing them in GTA. I'd love to encounter a black car that follows you around the mountains and desert etc. how about we see Trevor's paranoid friend go on about them. One of our protags laughs in his face for believing such nonsense. But.. One day you are minding your own business in free roam and you happen to notice a black car with guys on suits. When you run over or get close, they take off. Ad they're really hard to catch. Impossible to catch. Until maybe toward the end of the game. You do actually nail the car and you get them. And the just kill themselves and you never find out.

I really want to be spooked out in GTA V one way or another.. That sounds cool.

That's actually the best scenario I've heard yet. icon14.gif
Like you said, Maybe after Trevors friend tells him that he's being followed around, and sees them hiding behind trees, that then, Trevor sees one of them. That is heavy. Maybe an old, wrecked, black car from the 50's, parked near Trevors friends house(or trailer).--Like down by the river or something.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

"Spooked ya!"

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Cheers man. icon14.gif

Yeah that sounds good, especially the old car thing. Doesn't have to be too old either. I remember having a cool old car in IV that was black. It would have been perfect. Can't remember the name of it though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users