Mexican protagonist.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
219 replies to this topic
Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Not to be racist or insist a Mexican protag is the best choice. As we all know L.A is known for its its fame, gangs and rich mexican culture. Wouldnt it be more sensible if we had a mexican protagonist? He would fit in very well (not saying a caucasian or african american person wouldnt) but since L.A is highly influenced with the Mexican culture, along with african americans. We have yet to see a Mexican protagonist in the Gta series and when i hear about the return to Los Santos i was sure we would see a Mexican protagonist. But that didnt happen, and for future games a mexican protagonist in other cities like seattle, chicago, vice city, detroit wouldnt fit. This leads me to maybe if San Diego is on the list for future developents then maybe we will see them then. My point being is what on your thoughts on this? Why havent we taken perspective from a Mexican protagonist when L.A, its gangs and culture originate from Mexico? Post your opinions below, no hateful comments. If yyou feel the need to say something negative you can PM me. Thank you smile.gif

Nikobomber
  • Nikobomber

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

No

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

I agree tbh.

And I would have loved to have a Hispanic protag over any of the three we have. It would make sense eitherway though.

I'd take Michael off the list if I could though for a new protag.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

maybe Franklin is half Mexican, who knows.

Apart from that, I think GTA VI will not be on the West Coast. So a fully Mexican Protagonist is unlikely.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

that would be extremely cheezy if they did that.. .1 white guy, 1 black guy, 1 mexican

im perfectly fine with the 3 guys we got

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

A Mexican protag would be cool, but unless Rockstar make the next GTA with more than one protag or in LS/LV, I don't think we will be seeing one anytime soon. (Unless you count mods, which will most likely happen.)

@greenrock, how is that "cheezy"? It could've worked out quite well.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Don't try so hard to be politically correct, man. Overly sensitive people will be offended anyway.

But yeah, I was surprised they didn't pick a Mexican protag for this one. Three protagonists: two are white and one is black when LA is supposed to be more than half Mexican? Think they missed a great opportunity.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Meh.

Everyone wants their race to be represented.

I don't want Rockstar to pick protagonists to please a given race.

If their next game would benefit from a Hispanic/Asian/Islander/Black/Indian/Native American/Eskimo protagonist so be it.

Just please don't shoehorn someone in to appeal to a demographic

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

@Revolution-XW i agree, a hispanic protag looked more likely and i would have enjoyed it.
@Stephan123 Maybe he is and maybe he isnt, we just have to see. And i agree, i think they are gonna take it some place on the east, central or even go outside the states who knows.
@Deafmetal Agreed, when the confirmation of Gta V camr out i thought we were gonna have a Mexican protag since L.A is influenced by Mexico alot. But i guess R* took a different direction and gave two white guys and a black guy haha smile.gif
Maybe they will return to the west coast later on and do San Diego and have a Mexican protagonist.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (XxGuapoBeanxX @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:17)
Maybe they will return to the west coast later on and do San Diego and have a Mexican protagonist.

Maybe in GTA VII, ehm that's ten years from now. notify.gif

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:14)
Meh.

If their next game would benefit from a Hispanic/Asian/Islander/Black/Indian/Native American/Eskimo protagonist so be it.

Its not that i want my race to be presented, its just that having a Mexican protagonist in L.A seemed more likely then a white person.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (XxGuapoBeanxX @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:20)
Meh.

Its not that i want my race to be presented, its just that having a Mexican protagonist in L.A seemed more likely then a white person.

how come exactly

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:19)

It's not impossible for the Gta after V to have a Hispanic protag, just like it was possible to not have one in Gta V and it would have been more likely to.

jdrandall38
  • jdrandall38

Out of Work Comedian

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:06)

Apart from that, I think GTA VI will not be on the West Coast. So a fully Mexican Protagonist is unlikely.

I think he is. Remember everyone called him the "Hispanic Guy" before we found out who he was. Perhaps his name is Franklin Rodriguez, revealing he is in fact hispanic.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:21)

It's not impossible for the Gta after V to have a Hispanic protag, just like it was possible to not have one in Gta V and it would have been more likely to.

Something comes into my mind. Why not for the DLCs that would be cool. Maybe also a woman. a Mexican woman...

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (greenrock @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:21)
Meh.

how come exactly

Because L.A is filled with Mexicos culture and over half the population is Mexican/Hispanic.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:23)

Something comes into my mind. Why not for the DLCs that would be cool. Maybe also a woman. a Mexican woman...

I'm not sure, only If it came with more stuff because that would be a waste of dlc.

And I don't want to play as a female like some guys who feel like experiencing the story as a female, I find that wrong, like do you want to seduce guys to do a mission or take them to dates or something..?

I'm sure most Gta fans are males and want to play as a male, like always.

But what they can be able to do is make us choose if we're males or females.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

QUOTE (XxGuapoBeanxX @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:25)
Meh.

how come exactly

Because L.A is filled with Mexicos culture and over half the population is Mexican/Hispanic.

so... that doesn't mean they have to be a protagonist...

im sure their will be alot of supporting mexican american characters in gta 5... that officer vasquez chick could be one and i remember reading a casting call long time ago about a young mexican american fib agent

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

QUOTE (jdrandall38 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:22)
QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:06)

I think he is. Remember everyone called him the "Hispanic Guy" before we found out who he was. Perhaps his name is Franklin Rodriguez, revealing he is in fact hispanic.

I thought the same thing when i first saw the trailer. Thats where i got my hopes up. He looked hispanic but now he just looks like a full african american man.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:27)
QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:23)

I'm not sure, only I'd it came with more stuff because that would be a waste of dlc.

And I don't want to play as a female like some guys who feel like experiencing the story as a female, I find that wrong, like do you want to seduce guys to do a mission or take them to dates or something..?

I'm sure most Gta fans are males and want to play as a male, like always.

But what they can be able to do is make us choose if we're males or females.

That would mean two whole stories. sarcasm.gif

There is nothing wrong with my Mexican woman idea. She could be tough like Catalina but a bit more nice.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (greenrock @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:27)
Meh.

how come exactly

im sure their will be alot of supporting mexican american characters in gta 5... that officer vasquez chick could be one and i remember reading a casting call long time ago about a young mexican american fib agent

He didn't say there had to be one.

He said he expected one because it would have been more likely to have one since there's a lot of Hispanics there.

And it'd be awesome to have one.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Meh.

how come exactly

I never said it had to be a protag. I asked WHY havent we had a Mexican protag, i said it seemed more likely since it is L.A.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:29)
Meh.

how come exactly

He didn't say there had to be one.

He said he expected one because it would have been more likely to have one since there's a lot of Hispanics there.

And it'd be awesome to have one.

it depends if they have a good story or not...

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

The just leave it for the MP, because I wouldn't want to play as a female lol...

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Incidentally, and for whatever bearing this may have for GTAV,

The racial/ethnic/cultural composition of Los Angeles as of the 2005-2009 American Community Survey was as follows[2]:

White: 50.3% (Non-Hispanic Whites: 29.4%)
Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 48.5%
Black or African American: 9.8%
Native American: 0.5%
Asian: 10.7%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander: 0.2%
Some other race: 25.2%
Two or more races: 2.8%

Approximately 59.4% of Los Angeles' residents were born in the United States, and 0.9% were born in Puerto Rico, US territories, or abroad to American parents. 39.7% of the population were foreign-born. Most foreigners (64.5%) were born in Latin America. A large minority (26.3%) were born in Asia. Smaller numbers were born in Europe (6.5%), Africa (1.5%), Northern America (0.9%), and Oceania (0.3%).[3]

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (XxGuapoBeanxX @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:30)
Meh.

how come exactly

I never said it had to be a protag. I asked WHY havent we had a Mexican protag, i said it seemed more likely since it is L.A.

well maybe because the best story that Rockstar has come up with in Los Santos for GTA5 includes 2 older white characters, and 1 black character (Michael, Trevor, Franklin).....

im sure a mexican character was probably talked about, but im sure rockstar came up with the best plot, best idea and best characters for that story and for GTA V

and that was Michael, Trevor and Franklin

simple as that

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Would't that be up to R*?

If you don't like how they make the game or story go talk to them not me, lol...

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:31)

The racial/ethnic/cultural composition of Los Angeles as of the 2005-2009 American Community Survey was as follows[2]:

Approximately 59.4% of Los Angeles' residents were born in the United States, and 0.9% were born in Puerto Rico, US territories, or abroad to American parents. 39.7% of the population were foreign-born. Most foreigners (64.5%) were born in Latin America. A large minority (26.3%) were born in Asia. Smaller numbers were born in Europe (6.5%), Africa (1.5%), Northern America (0.9%), and Oceania (0.3%).[3]

These are never completely accurate but im not gonna argue about it, the mexican culture still over runs L.A and i guarantee there is more hispanics then white people. Mexicans reproduce like rabbits XD

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Green, can you stop quoting train lines please?

And what does race have to do with a good story..?

Are you trolling or plain stupid..? rolleyes.gif

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (XxGuapoBeanxX @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:36)
QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 20:31)

These are never completely accurate but im not gonna argue about it, the mexican culture still over runs L.A and i guarantee there is more hispanics then white people. Mexicans reproduce like rabbits XD

great insight rolleyes.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users