» «
Photo

Cheat activation GTA SA

8 replies to this topic
DBeaver
  • DBeaver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:38 PM Edited by DBeaver, 21 January 2013 - 07:46 PM.

Hi everyone
Cheat activated by itself.
As I was driving near Jizzy's nightclub (using Direcion Keys W,A,D,S[lefthand] and
mouse[right hand]) up in top corner came a notification ' cheat activated' does
anyone know how to disable cheats without knowing which cheat it is?

thanks in advance
DBeaver

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

If you don't know what cheat you entered, enter random cheats until you get the "cheat deactivated" popup. Of course, don't save when doing this. Alternatively, if the cheat isn't permanent, just shut the game off thus disabling it. If it's permanent and you saved after the activation, it's there to stay unless you start a new game.

Judging by your comments, you have PC version and so I cannot be of much help since I only have the PS2 version.

DBeaver
  • DBeaver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:57 PM Edited by DBeaver, 21 January 2013 - 07:59 PM.

Thanks GTASAddict

will try that. hope I don't have to start again - lol - yes it i the PC version

once again thanks DBeaver

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Unless you're doing a Cheaters Game. Don't enter any cheat codes.
Just go to a save before the cheat one.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I think Dbeaver just happened to hit the pc controls in the right sequence to activate a cheat. I have done this more than once as well.
There really isn't a way to know which cheat was activated, just as weasel suggests, reload from a save if it happens. One could look at a complete pc cheat list and then see which one contains mostly WASD in the code and determine what it was.

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

This also happened me for years except that i was just only pressing Q,W,E.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Krawk @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 17:24)
One could look at a complete pc cheat list and then see which one contains mostly WASD in the code and determine what it was.

This wouldn't help. There are thousands of keystroke combinations that can produce the required hash that triggers a cheat. That's why plain text versions of most of the cheats were never found.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

When I first read this, I thought: Wow, what are the odds of unknowingly activating cheats? A simple remedy is to familiarize yourself with cheat activation combinations; that way you won't press those buttons/keys in a roulette fashion.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

A simple remedy is to familiarize yourself with cheat activation combinations; that way you won't press those buttons/keys in a
smile.gif The PC has 'words' not button patterns for Cheat Codes.
So there must be 'phantom' movement combinations left in the programming that can be accidentally tripped. It is a very rare occurrence on the keyboard (or even the GamePad) of the PC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users