Photo

This Is A Disgrace To GTA 1 And 2

67 replies to this topic
SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

The controls were a lot better than the PSP games (Vice City Stories plays very well on the PS2, though).

I'd like a sequel for the 3DS.

www.wowgoldscheap.com | www.rsgolds2u.com | www.diablo3gold4sale.com |tcu2gn0ah.

Same here.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Mahogany den writer, between the ashtrays and nuts.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Well if Rockstar made another 2d GTA game it would be great for those nostalgic people, but i think it would fail commercially because many people wouldn't want to play 2d GTA. Also 2d compared to nowadays games wouldn't be very big success.

Why not include it in the next GTA console game? Sort of like an arcade version that pays homage? That could work. 

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Well if Rockstar made another 2d GTA game it would be great for those nostalgic people, but i think it would fail commercially because many people wouldn't want to play 2d GTA. Also 2d compared to nowadays games wouldn't be very big success.

Why not include it in the next GTA console game? Sort of like an arcade version that pays homage? That could work. 

Yeah I can see that working well.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Mahogany den writer, between the ashtrays and nuts.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

Yeah I can see that working well.

I mean we've got the QUBED machines. Why not have an arcade where you can play it. To be a little bit of an Easter egg and more homage to GTA 1, instead of just it being called GTA: Arcade they could give it GTA 1's original name: Race'N'Chase. 

Food for thought.

LoneWolfMargaret
  • LoneWolfMargaret

Gamer, Artist, Lone Wolf.

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Absolutely loved Chinatown Wars. It's a lot better then previous handheld efforts IMO. Would love to see a few features in a console GTA like drug dealing, online ammunation and mini games to hotwire cars.

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Gone, until further notice.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

The controls were a lot better than the PSP games (Vice City Stories plays very well on the PS2, though).

Same here.

Maybe a GTA set in a modernized Anywhere/Carcer city, or maybe somewhere new that would be a little more exotic and colorful (I mean, a kind of grim, dark setting in a DS game?) with at least GTA III level visuals and an option to play from either a regular behind-the-character cam, or an overhead cam like III did. I feel a concept thread coming on... :p

• SomeBoredDude likes this

IHerbert
  • IHerbert

We All Herbert

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Calm down and play some Retro City.

rcr-tank.jpg

Going Nowhere
  • Going Nowhere

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

I don't think I would say it's a disgrace to GTA 1 and GTA 2. I really liked the camera as it was a very unique feature. Still, the story was kinda dull though.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

U N I Q U E

It couldn't be compared with any other game in the series. A nice remake of traditions, showing R* hasn't limited itself to any limitation in making games.

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

Although i hated this game with a passion, it was much better then GTA 1 and 2 in my opinion.
Personally, im not sure how GTA even got past GTA1. People liked it sure, but imo it was a terribly boring game with no point in playing it.

i've heard of gta being described as an evolution of pacman, albeit more complex, i can't overly disagree and how popular was that, hell, i still have a blast on pacman occasionally. and is there really a point to games at all, entertainment is all i can think of, and if someone's entertained by it its done its job.

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Same here.

Maybe a GTA set in a modernized Anywhere/Carcer city, or maybe somewhere new that would be a little more exotic and colorful (I mean, a kind of grim, dark setting in a DS game?) with at least GTA III level visuals and an option to play from either a regular behind-the-character cam, or an overhead cam like III did. I feel a concept thread coming on... :p

That would be awesome.

nazrulbeacon
  • nazrulbeacon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:06 AM Edited by GTAKid667, 17 January 2014 - 08:12 AM.

Hey guys, I found this amazing blog where you can get gta 5 cheats HERE'S THE LINK >>> 
<>

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

its a hd universe game dumbass

LiveApk25
  • LiveApk25

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

2.5 D ?

hardis
  • hardis

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

I have played role play online games for several years.In these games,my favourite one is runescape.But now I want to have a try on GTA!

rs gold|buy runescape gold

Hairue
  • Hairue

Deal with it.

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

Although i hated this game with a passion, it was much better then GTA 1 and 2 in my opinion.
Personally, im not sure how GTA even got past GTA1. People liked it sure, but imo it was a terribly boring game with no point in playing it.

i've heard of gta being described as an evolution of pacman, albeit more complex, i can't overly disagree and how popular was that, hell, i still have a blast on pacman occasionally. and is there really a point to games at all, entertainment is all i can think of, and if someone's entertained by it its done its job.

A sense of something to achieve? And something achieved?

Zonnex
  • Zonnex

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

OP hates video games and is reek with low self esteem.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

I wouldn't compare Grand Theft Auto 1 and GTA 2 to Chinatown Wars.

For me GTA1/GTA2 is more of an arcade game - a classic. GTA Chinatown Wars doesn't, it has a different feeling to it - don't know what it is.

Samiltons
  • Samiltons

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:42 AM

It is somewhat isometric, it allegedly takes place in the HD universe though, which makes no sense to me.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:17 PM Edited by TaviColen123, 05 January 2014 - 08:18 PM.

If anything this is what the first GTAs should have been of course if they had the hardware and experience . Imo this is the best of all top down GTAs, the worst being GTA Advance now THAT is a f*cking disgrace if you ever can call one, it's the only GTA that is bad in every aspect including gameplay, music, graphics, story and pretty much everything else, it's f*cking sh*t .

WATER DRAGON
  • WATER DRAGON

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

1. It's not top down because top down is old fashion and would be harder to play then to just have it tilted a little so you can at least so where you're driving

2. There's no point in making a GTA game that takes place in the 2D universe, why not just have it take place in the HD universe and tell another story.

3. GTA CTW is better then the old games. Why? Because it takes the old GTA formula and mixes it with more modernized gameplay. You could say if GTA never became 3D this is what it would look like.

4. The DS hard wear wouldn't have been strong enough to make a full 3D Liberty City. 

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

1. It's not top down because top down is old fashion and would be harder to play then to just have it tilted a little so you can at least so where you're driving

2. There's no point in making a GTA game that takes place in the 2D universe, why not just have it take place in the HD universe and tell another story.

3. GTA CTW is better then the old games. Why? Because it takes the old GTA formula and mixes it with more modernized gameplay. You could say if GTA never became 3D this is what it would look like.

4. The DS hard wear wouldn't have been strong enough to make a full 3D Liberty City. 

What about 3ds hardware?

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

SomeBoredDude, on 10 Jan 2014 - 4:46 PM, said:

WATER DRAGON, on 09 Jan 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

What about 3ds hardware?

Well this game came out before the 3ds was even announced so....

kailomonkey
  • kailomonkey

Gunman of Fort Carson

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

I don't think the opening post's criticism of Chinatown Wars is relevent but I can see you wanted a different game...

More of a new sequel to the original. And I like that idea. A pure sequel to the original would be funny and quite fantastic. It should be HUGE since it would use very little space.Maybe also make it unlimited server capacity (if that was made possible given the low specs). What a weird-ass game this could be!

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

Are you kidding me ? I wouldn't say it's a disgrace. It's awesome ! That's all I can say, having not played this game for more than 2 years, it is possibly the only game I would keep in my device (I played it on an iPod Touch) forever.

I love the Lotto mini-game, the Scratchcards are just great !

I really hope Rockstar would somehow do more GTA handhelds, I wonder did they actually cancel the rumored GTA for DS back in 2011?

Hairue
  • Hairue

Deal with it.

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:29 AM

WEll, I actually liked Chinatown Wars. A nostalgic feeling. But with modern features. It's nice in its own way. Drug dealing, the scratch cards where you could win a property. The storyline was like of SA's. Being betrayed by someone so close to you. Overall, the game is nice.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

I bet 3ds with a fresh 8gb sd card could handle a small hd map.

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

I agree with you here, although i might be a little "biest" simply because my favorite gta is one, i just felt as if gta cw was rushed quite frankly but that's just my opinion we all have them

cheers, Hobs out. 

Ribsey
  • Ribsey

Just bought a load of manure!

• Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:04 PM

I like CTW simply for how unique it is.

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

good game along with gta advance

everyne was saying it sucked 2dish and all but great game better than gta 1/gta 2 and gta london(i played them on psp using psx emulator they sucked)but gta 2 3d would be nice!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users