» «
Photo

Special Unique side mission/Activity for each char

5 replies to this topic
IrishMantis
  • IrishMantis

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:02 AM Edited by IrishMantis, 21 January 2013 - 03:05 AM.

Right, watching Trailer 2 again gave me an idea on how Rockstar may approach some sort of side Activity/objective that is Unique to each Char

in the same sense as GTA IV was to shoot Pigeons and Stunt Jumps, but except something unique for each Char

lets get the one that kicked the idea off, from the Trailer
and also bring a semi Idea on how to make "destruction work" but only for Trevor

Trevor side Objective could be to burn down all Wooden House like the one in the Trailer, yeah i know that was scripted, but maybe it was a mission that also acted like a Tutorial, so after the missions Finished it will say something like "1 out of 50 Wooden houses destroyed" and like any other GTA game when he destroys them all he gets or unlocks something as with the Pigeons in GTA IV, if so, it be cool if they have every wooden house look different and each one with different Difficulties to set fire too

For Franklin since he's a Repo man, i think it it be cool if his was like the old School GTA games ,Collect Certain cars, but not just cars, maybe some type of exotic vehicle, and have each one of them look Different and have different difficulties to get for example "some Big Politician is in Town driving his Unique Pearl Black Bullet Proof sentintel with its trademarked golden Exhaust, but he be accompanied by a swat team infront and behind him, you have to find a way steal it and bring it back to the garage"
i was also thinking races, but Races should be able to done by everyone me thinks
if its not that i think it could be something to with chop, like get Chop to collect bones

Now, Micheal, the reason i left him to last because im bummed, i dont have any idea on how Micheal's would work, all i know it would be something Strategical, or something got to with pursuing someone or some sort of Management that works in levels, as in gets harder to do each one, maybe something like the Chinatown wars Drug Trade System, i dont know, maybe one of you guys can think of something better

But in Any way hopefully you get the drift

Trevor - Burning Down wooden Houses
Franklin - Collecting rare/unique/exotic Vehicles
Micheal - Some sort of management control

do you guys think GTA V will have something like this?
would you like it to have something like this?

P.S. this not a Character Unique trait thread, even tough each unique activity may be something that incorporates their unique ability, but the focus of this thread is not the protags special ability, just stating in-case theres confusing biggrin.gif

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:07 AM Edited by rare.steak, 21 January 2013 - 03:09 AM.

Grand Theft Sims. Cool.

You know what would be great? If Michael couldn't steal a car because he already has a lot of his own, and it wouldn't suit him to jack someone on the road. He's not that low class. Perhaps it will only be available during missions when you're trying to make a quick getaway.

And that's just one example on one character. Just wait til you see how Trevor has an automatic "turn and walk away" script when trying to enter a nightclub, or how the game smartly prevents you from trying to drive non-supercars with Franklin.

I sincerely believe this an amazing and bold new direction that R* will be audacious enough to attempt.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

Why would Trevor be the only one capable of burning something down?

IrishMantis
  • IrishMantis

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:13 AM Edited by IrishMantis, 21 January 2013 - 03:16 AM.

Okay, i hate Sims, and sims is real world Simulator, so how does this simulate the real World maybe the idea off Micheal does

and when did i state Franklin s low class, and doesn't he steal a car in the Trailer 2, btw you do know what Grand Theft Auto, actually means?

i think you read me wrong, cause in no way i sated this to be like sims

So WELL DONE Steak!!!!!

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:21 AM Edited by rare.steak, 21 January 2013 - 03:23 AM.

No, you read me wrong, not the other way round. Trust me.

I don't imply that you suggest that GTA V is like the Sims, but that with the "direction" R* appear to be taking, we might just be headed that way.

I know it will be fancy and all for authenticity's sake that each character has his own perks and rewards from his own traits and backgrounds, but if that sort of character uniqueness gets to the point of restrictive, R* basically just shoot their own feet. All that money and developing the whole 3 protag system, and you have to admit the GTA audience in general, in hindsight would have tonnes of other more interesting new features in mind that may just be far less costly and a whole lot more appealing.

Now I only hope this whole system turns out better than it seems, and that the remaining aspects and features of the game amaze me, as each iteration of the III-era had. (Excluding LCS and VCS) Also because we had III, VC and SA in the space of 4 years, and now we wait 5 just for V, a single title. Of course IV was generally disappointing.

IrishMantis
  • IrishMantis

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (rare.steak @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 03:21)
No, you read me wrong, not the other way round. Trust me.

I don't imply that you suggest that GTA V is like the Sims, but that with the "direction" R* appear to be taking, we might just be headed that way.

I know it will be fancy and all for authenticity's sake that each character has his own perks and rewards from his own traits and backgrounds, but if that sort of character uniqueness gets to the point of restrictive, R* basically just shoot their own feet. All that money and developing the whole 3 protag system, and you have to admit the GTA audience in general, in hindsight would have tonnes of other more interesting new features in mind that may just be far less costly a a whole lot more appealing.

Now I only hope this whole system turns out better than it seems, and that the remaining aspects and features of the game amaze me, as each iteration of the III-era had. (Excluding LCS and VCS)

Oh sh*t man sorry man, your right i thought you where being Sarcastic, apologizes man, ist hard to read sarcasm on the net

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users