Photo

How can I edit stats in GTA3?

7 replies to this topic
dekaspace
  • dekaspace

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

VC and SA have save game editors but not 3 which is a shame as its my favourite.

I want to edit things like mission attempts and amount of times saved.

As a seperate matter is there a way to edit things easily so only your car gets no damage and cannot catch fire/blow up etc and maybe a mission timer on and off(unless theres a trainer for that, only found basic ones)

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

As far as I know there are no savegame editors for III.

Here is a trainer I use which has no damage, mission timers and a lot more.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

I like GTA3 Admin Console better. It has a lot more options compared to (other) trainers: http://www.mediafire...xv08vlyullbw4ps

dekaspace
  • dekaspace

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thanks, do trainers count as in game cheats i.e I know if you cheat on the ps2 version it stops you getting 100%

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Cheats in GTA 3 will not stop you from getting 100%.

dekaspace
  • dekaspace

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for that, I guess I am getting mixed up with back in the day people said you could get a max 97% on ps2 version with cheats though that is probably due to cheats making parts of the game unable to be completed.

Is there anyway to edit the save file with a hex editor? does sound crazy but I hate having missions failed logged

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I tried opening a save using this: http://www.onlinehexeditor.com/

It looks more readable than opening with Wordpad so maybe you can find the number and edit it. Look in the stats for it and then search it in the editor.

Although I would much rather suggest that you start over and not save if you fail a mission, and maybe stop using cheats altogether. It's much more satisfactory to play fair because it takes more effort that way and you improve your gaming skills.

dekaspace
  • dekaspace

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Already completed it 4 times back in the day on ps2(once at launch, once a few weeks later as corrupted save, once a few years later and once 3 years ago)

The main reason Is I like to save every 4 missions to keep save count down and often if I have done a long mission then fail just before the end f the 3rd or 4th it can take a hour to get back to where I was and I dont have the time to waste

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users