Photo

Random events in GTA V

21 replies to this topic
Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Probably my favorite part of Red Dead Redemption were the random encounters. I loved how you could find someone stranded on the side of the road, and there were different ways to approach what you did. You could trust them to not pull you off of your horse and ride away, keep on riding, or even gun 'em down. You could run across all kinds of fun situations.

What kind of random events does everyone want to see in GTA V?

Here's some events on my wish list:

In the gang/hood area of Los Santos, I'd love to just be driving down the street only for the area to erupt into a gunfight between two gangs. Kind of like you being a 3rd party to what CJ was doing in San Andreas. You could help one side, kill everyone, or frantically escape the area.

While in Blaine County (which I'm assuming is the out of the way white trash area) Trevor could be riding an ATV through the desert and ride by a trailer in the middle of nowhere. As he draws near, it explodes because the inhabitants were brewing meth.

In the rich/affluent neighborhoods, you could see a domestic disturbance between two yuppies with a cop trying to break them up, and you could stop and listen to the banter which would probably be hilarious in true Rockstar fashion. Play as Trevor and flick them off for double the hilarity when they start yelling at you too.

Since there's wildlife, I'd be willing to bet you can come across people on the roads out in forested areas who have hit deer and stuff.

And do you guys remember how there were planes flying overhead in San Andreas? I remember one time when I was doing one of the harder missions, one of the planes crashed into the ground somehow and wasted me. Plane crashes near you would be interesting as random events.

Rockstar could poke fun at people hunting for Bigfoot and other myths too by having hunters out in the woods that go "Shhh, lookin' fer Bigfoot." when you get close.

Sorry if this has subject's already been covered. Nothing like it came up when I searched.

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

apparently theres muggers to apprehend stranded motorists to rescue dead bodies to investigate etc

jdrandall38
  • jdrandall38

Out of Work Comedian

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

IF you are Trevor, there should be bombs you have to defuse or detonate for people

Wilko007
  • Wilko007

"Better call Saul"

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Don't quote me on this, but i swear i've seen something along the lines of finding some dead bodies next to a car in the desert, that would be a cool investigation

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (Wilko007 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 17:28)
Don't quote me on this, but i swear i've seen something along the lines of finding some dead bodies next to a car in the desert, that would be a cool investigation

Pretty certain that was in the gameinformer story, and they said it'd be like the scene from No Country For Old Men where the main character finds the macguffin money that sparks the whole plot.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by jamieleng, 20 January 2013 - 05:55 PM.

I'm guessing you'll be able to pick up hitchhikers, who'll tell you a crazy story if you drive them to the next town or truckstop. Maybe there'll be a guy & his pregnant wife broken down on the highway & if you don't make it to the hospital in time, the baby dies. Because as we all know, kids can't survive out in the open world of the GTA Universe.

I'd also like to see a modern version of the police officers hunting down an escaped convict out in the wilderness or desert. Maybe you could help him escape or assist the police. If you help him, you can call him up for a favour later on in the game.

Wilko007
  • Wilko007

"Better call Saul"

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Cylan @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 17:41)
QUOTE (Wilko007 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 17:28)

Pretty certain that was in the gameinformer story, and they said it'd be like the scene from No Country For Old Men where the main character finds the macguffin money that sparks the whole plot.

Ah, random events are going to be amazing on this game! like every other aspect of it obviously

I've also either saw or imagined someone stood with a broken down car, and you can help them, they could steal your car, or they could attack you?

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

While I enjoyed the random events in RDR, after a while I thought there were a bit too much. I didn't mind helping people out every once and a while, but it seemed like there was a random character running up to me every few seconds. It came to the point where I would but a bullet in Herbert Moon's head if he asked me one more time to go after a robber. Keep your s-it locked up old man!

tl;dr: yes but don't make them as frequent as RDR

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Spaghetti Cat @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 17:56)
While I enjoyed the random events in RDR, after a while I thought there were a bit too much. I didn't mind helping people out every once and a while, but it seemed like there was a random character running up to me every few seconds. It came to the point where I would but a bullet in Herbert Moon's head if he asked me one more time to go after a robber. Keep your s-it locked up old man!

god he was annoying im herbert moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

A2002
  • A2002

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Carjackings, nuff said.

Were in EVERY f*cking games EXCEPT GTA IV... I hope they improve it this time, or else this won't be called realistic.

There HAS TO BE a carjacker and a random AGRESSIVE driver!!!! If not , I'll find you in a ditch Rockstar!

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:01 PM Edited by jamieleng, 20 January 2013 - 06:03 PM.

QUOTE (Spaghetti Cat @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 17:56)
While I enjoyed the random events in RDR, after a while I thought there were a bit too much.  I didn't mind helping people out every once and a while, but it seemed like there was a random character running up to me every few seconds.  It came to the point where I would but a bullet in Herbert Moon's head if he asked me one more time to go after a robber.  Keep your s-it locked up old man! 

That's what was so good about them. You could either ride past & completely ignore them, put a bullet in their head for daring to bother you, or go & help them. It never got annoying the way constant phone calls in IV did, or forever having to go defend your territory in San Andreas. It wouldn't hurt if they were a bit less frequent though.

Lukijs
  • Lukijs

Badump

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

It could be fun to gun down people who try to rape some women or stop bank robbers. I would hate if people would steal my car like they did my horse in RDR when I could easily shoot them,it will be different with car and they are much faster than horse.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

I almost made this topic yesterday. here are my ideas:

-npcs committing various crimes such as breaking into a car, beating homeless people, holding people up at gunpoint, you can kill them without gaining a wanted level, or restrain them until the police come for a small reward

-come across a guy standing by his broken down car on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, if you stop, you either get a guy who needs a ride to the nearest town and pays you a few bucks to do it, or a guy that tries to steal your car.

-come across a woman in the city, she needs a ride across town. When you drop her off she either thanks you and pays you a few bucks, or she's a hooker and her pimp goes after you for money.

-a high speed police chase is taking place on the nearest freeway, a criminal is driving 80mph on the cleared freeway followed by 6 cops and a helicopter. You can choose to get on the freeway and attempt to stop the criminal by any means necessary. No reward.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Nice idea for a topic, I have a few ideas:

You see an abandoned car in the desert, an when you investigate you discover a dead body in the trunk. You eventually find some clues and you can either try to hunt down the killer yourself and get a reward, or call the police to get them.

A plane crashes in the forest and it turns out to be an illegal smuggler's jet, and there is loot such as weapons, cash and drugs (if they are of any use in-game).

A guy has run out of fuel on the highway, and you can either pull over and help him, kill him or just leave him.

A gang shootout across both sides of a street. You can kill them all, help one side or just run away. If you help a side, they can then be called from your phone as back-up whenever you want.

I'm guessing some of these have been said already.

CrisFormageKIFFLOM
  • CrisFormageKIFFLOM

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Quackerz Gamerz @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 20:58)
A plane crashes in the forest and it turns out to be an illegal smuggler's jet, and there is loot such as weapons, cash and drugs (if they are of any use in-game).

That screen of franklin on the sanchez chasing a jet with an engine on fire came to mind when i read this!!! lol.gif

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

So many ways to do those random events, im gonna replay this game until GTA VI is announced lol

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Spaghetti Cat @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 04:56)

I found them really repetitive. It got to the point for me atleast where I just didn't bother because I knew what was going to happen.

I'd actually prefer like it was in the GTA III era where there would be a random car chase out of the blue. The encounters in RDR were on the fringe of basically being linear.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

I would love to see people chasing their dogs.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

i want to go out in the desert and find walter white and jesse pinkman from breaking bad cooking some meth. The king: walter White!

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

The more random events, the better as far as I'm concerned. The more weird, fun, goofy sh*t that can happen when I'm off mission, the better.

The life of the city is what makes GTA so good. I could honestly live without story mode if there was enough random stuff going on.

Wilko007
  • Wilko007

"Better call Saul"

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (XxGuapoBeanxX @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 17:25)
i want to go out in the desert and find walter white and jesse pinkman from breaking bad cooking some meth. The king: walter White!

Just see an RV with blue smoke coming from it;)

BigTee41190
  • BigTee41190

OG Triple OG

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Man.... Everytime I read about Random Encounters, my stomach starts hurting because I want to play GTA:V so damn bad haha.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users