Cool, there was another BETA mod that released a few months ago, here is some BETA info:
The gun sounds were more echo (You can use my GTA SA BETA gun sounds mod on GTAG)
The M249 and/or M60 were going to be added (Don't know how you could get this to work, but maybe replace the minigun with the M60 from VC, change the Holding animation to the Assault Rifle one and give it a slower rate of fire, I can make the sound if needed)
The UZI was in. (Same as VC one)
The PSG-1 Sniper Rifle from VC was in (I can add the VC Sniper Rifle sound if required, but I would have to add two sounds on the same file, I don't know of any sound editing programs that let you do this)
The NRG-500 looked different.
The Slamvan had hidden hoods. (Can get pic if you want it)
The Elegy was called something different (I will look for it)
The Elegy AND Jester have two hidden paintjobs.
The Flash looked different.
Broadway had a paintjob
Unused Pay N Spray
Slamman very early BETA model
I forgot the SA name, but this car looks more like a Ford Thunderbird:
Don't recall seeing "Tuff Nuts Donuts" (Lol) and the Flash looks like it has a slightly slimmer roof, fatter front bumper, fatter rear bumper and only one exhaust:
BETA Truck, I forgot the name
Here is another mod, but they forgot some stuff, you can ask the people involved in it if you can use their stuff. Beta mod
Get ready for all this info (Not mine):
* Animals that would roam the rural areas were cut. (Their models are still available in the game's files, albeit without AI present).
* Originally, there were over 300 gang territories to be taken over all over the map.
* The ability to create and run your own casino was taken out after the alpha version.
* Usable car-washes, similar to those in GTA IV , were cut.
* The ability to ride the Trolleys in San Fierro was cut.
* Early magazine previews showed that cops would hold on a vehicle's bumper if the player tried to speed away.
* The mobster who Carl kills in Saint Mark's was originally going to be called Marco Forelli but due to deleted audio, his name was never mentioned in the final version.
* The Grove Street Families were originally going to be called The Orange Grove Families.
* Gangster would walk into accessible places like safehouses, stores, etc.
* Pool tables were originally going to be colored green instead of blue.
* The motor bikers had a different design.
* Carl Johnson would be able to use drugs, which would make the camera wobble around making it more difficult to control CJ.
* The ability to drink beer was cut from the alpha version
* Through the hidden interiors universe unused Brothels can be found, these were most likely to be placed on top of Strip Clubs.
* Pre-release magazine articles showed that stealing cars was to be much more difficult. In early screen shots, car jacking was shown to involve smashing the car's window and then hot wiring it. This was all removed, possibly due to the limitations posed by the PS2. A similar system is present in GTAIV.
* The ability to rob stores (like in GTA: Vice City) such as 24/7 was removed.
* Originally, if Carl Johnson killed a pedestrian, a news van would arrive and the crew would report on the event.
* If Carl crashed into a lamp post a mechanic would arrive to fix it. If the player killed the mechanic the lamp post would remain broken for a time, even if the player left the immediate area.
* The Mulholland Safehouse seemed to have a full interior that can be seen from the outside. The change on final version causes a glitch which allows the player to go through the wall.
* Donut shops such as Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts were places Carl Johnson could eat.
* San Fierro in the beta had very few docks and more parks. The beta map of San Fierro was very detailed and can be seen in Driving School.
* The construction yard near the hospital in Downtown Los Santos had a crane.
* The Easter Naval Base had a different outline, it had a dock and the ship is missing.
* San Andreas was much bigger and had several different land masses, such as a larger San Fierro (which resembled San Francisco more closely), A full beta map of San Andreas can be found on a wall in the Lil' Probe'Inn.
* Las Venturas had a different name by the initials "LG". In early screen shots of Las Venturas, Police Cars had the initials "LG" printed on their doors. One can only assume what "LG" stood for.
* Santa Flora Medical Center had 2 helipads on its roof. These pads were most likely meant for the Maverick and Raindance that spawn there in the alpha. Oddly enough, these helipads were absent in the alpha, so the choppers simply spawned on the roof.
* The Clown's Pocket Casino was originally called The Ringmaster, its original name can still be seen on the paper map included inside the game box.
* Hardware Stores was originally included in-games, and you can buy tools (like in Vice City).
* Pharmacies from Vice City was originally included in-games were you can buy health and adrenaline.
bloodrb.dff and bloodrb.txd are the texture and model of the unfinished bloodring b from SA, they can be used if the "b" at the end is turned into an and put into the game via IMG Editor.
San Flora Medical Center In SF Had Heli Pads
Info and images courtesy of:
Some users on this very site and thread.
Edited by GTAction99, 21 January 2013 - 05:20 AM.