» «
Photo

GTA V Size Assumtion "Pie Chart"

12 replies to this topic
IrishMantis
  • IrishMantis

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:39 AM Edited by IrishMantis, 19 January 2013 - 05:30 PM.

Sorry to make another Size thread

but i think this will help people see or get an idea of the size in Comparison with "Room/Space" to the Rockstars Statement "Los Santos is 5 Times LC"

so lets just assume 5 Xs is accurate

that means 1 LC is 20% or 1/5 off LS

LC = 20%
LC = 20%
LC = 20%
LC = 20%
LC = 20% +

(Apologies for being so laming with it, i just want to make sure people know what im saying, offending your intelligence is not my intentions)

so heres a rough pie Chart i made to give you an idea off how it will be equaled, i may be well off, so i be happy in fact i encourage you to make a more Accurate one than mine, where most can agree on and ill edit in this one
user posted image

Reason im doing this is because people are judging on size like a flat out view or an actual map size
so i thought this would be better to give you an idea, and saves you trying to vision it

P.S i know Interior may look like a small number, if ya add the City and Country Side up which is 25%,,, 4% "IN" that is really big number in fact i may be even pushing it haha

so hopefully this easier to digest mentally on how the map size will work
as i said if you have a more accurate Split on the Map Please post your Pie Chart
and make it a Pie Chart cause not everybody is good with numbers

heres the link biggrin.gif

Edit:Actually looking at that pie Chart Back is sore on the eyes so i advise you to find a better site lol

RussianFreak
  • RussianFreak

Russian Patriot, PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

I'm liking your proposed layout. Just one question, how to you 'measure' the proportion of water to the rest of the map? I mean, from what we know, water surrounds it and extends to infinity. So is the the amount of water inside the outermost limits of land (measured by drawing horizontal/vertical lines tangent to the farthest land reaches north, south, east, and west) or something similar? Because that seems probable and similar to GTA SA.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

What about the desert and mountains?

RussianFreak
  • RussianFreak

Russian Patriot, PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 05:11)

I'm pretty sure those are part of the "Countryside".

djdiond
  • djdiond

I need dis more than you I think!

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

I hate speculation threads...

Gtafanbobo
  • Gtafanbobo

Your not a cop, your a robot.

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

You got a lot of valuable contributions so far sarcasm.gif

Here is my guess:

user posted image

While I was at the pie chart page, I decided to estimate the cross section of GTAV population:

user posted image

These were made at Mr Nussbaum's Pie Chart Generator.

GeorgeLopez
  • GeorgeLopez

You ain't gotta like it 'cause the hood gon' love it

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (djdiond @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 05:30)

I hate small towns.

IrishMantis
  • IrishMantis

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:28 PM Edited by IrishMantis, 19 January 2013 - 05:31 PM.

I'm liking your proposed layout. Just one question, how to you 'measure' the proportion of water to the rest of the map? I mean, from what we know, water surrounds it and extends to infinity. So is the the amount of water inside the outermost limits of land (measured by drawing horizontal/vertical lines tangent to the farthest land reaches north, south, east, and west) or something similar? Because that seems probable and similar to GTA SA.

Yeah man sorry i should of being more Precise, yeah all water inside the bounds, i wouldn't know how to judge it like you, but just whats inside the map area, thanks for ya comment

Yeah RussianFreak is right i did count them in Countryside, i know Countryside doesn't count for beaches, Mutains and stuff like that, but i thought it be the most suitable Word, better than the "everything else" i also could of put a slice for them all, but thought it will look abit messy and thought to keep it simple biggrin.gif

You hate Speculation Threads???,,, well since forums are at least 95% Speculation i say you hate Forums, and even the things that are just facts, people eventually start "Speculating" the possibilities, im sure i could find many comments of you Speculating somewhat ha
or unless you mean you hate Mapsize speculation, so do i, hense the reason i done this, people do so many speculating threads on Map size, like a map view, so i thought if its all shared in a Pie chart, they can get an idea, off how the size should be judged and hopefully cut down on a few other map threads

@Saintsrow, Yeah man i like it, we roughly have a similar idea, my only question is do you really is that small like less half the size off LC which is 20% apparently?,, but i alos see yous is based more on value that percentage, so i get what ya saying, im glad you see how big the CS will be
and by the way your GTA V Cenus made me laugh very well thought out man, im glad ya actually helped me out here haha cheers

djdiond
  • djdiond

I need dis more than you I think!

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (IrishMantis @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 03:28)

You hate Speculation Threads???,,, well since forums are at least 95% Speculation i say you hate Forums, and even the things that are just facts, people eventually start "Speculating" the possibilities, im sure i could find many comments of you Speculating somewhat ha
or unless you mean you hate Mapsize speculation, so do i, hense the reason i done this, people do so many speculating threads on Map size, like a map view, so i thought if its all shared in a Pie chart, they can get an idea, off how the size should be judged and hopefully cut down on a few other map threads

So from the speculation thread you are speculating that you can find a post of me speculating in another thread?

Speculateception!

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (GeorgeLopez @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 11:00)
QUOTE (djdiond @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 05:30)

I hate small towns.

Francis is that you?

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Los Santos 30%
Desert 25%
Countryside 30%
Water 10%
Interiors 5%

YoungChrist
  • YoungChrist

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

I have also made my own chart. Forgive me if mine is infinitely more accurate.

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users