Photo

Airports

110 replies to this topic
killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:31 AM Edited by killahmatic, 19 January 2013 - 06:34 AM.

QUOTE (GtaOutKast @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 00:14)
user posted image
We had it in the mission Vertical Bird on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas would be awesome to have it out in the ocean in V!

Yeah, it would be one of the few things that I would really ask R* to add, only the right scale this time. The aircraft carrier in SA was tiny. They're fun as hell to land and take off from, and though I haven't seen a tailhook on any planes thus far, it would be cool if the aircraft carrier had an arresting wire effect so all airplanes would slow down and stop.

whaddupHerky
  • whaddupHerky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

It makes sense that there has to be more than 1 major airport, however I think it will be the LAX recreation as the largest airport that will be the only one to have the larger passenger airliners flying out of it, and then there will be a few regional airstrips. Maybe a few airstrips the size of a county airport. Then there will obviously be a runway in the military complex, and then finally there will be a few smaller airstrips out in the sticks and the desert.

Plus, if there is the crop duster, you have to assume that there are going to be at least one extra landing strip near a farm or something like that.

I think we will end up getting somewhere around 5 locations for planes, but the actual number of legitimate landing strips is hard to guess, because LAX is huge, and you never know how many runways R* will put in.

latigreblue
  • latigreblue

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

I want commercial flights back.

NGC BemaR
  • NGC BemaR

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Just like all the other guesses I may be wrong but hope not to be!

It makes sense that there has to be more than 1 major airport, however I think it will be the LAX recreation as the largest airport that will be the only one to have the larger passenger airliners flying out of it, and then there will be a few regional airstrips. Maybe a few airstrips the size of a county airport. Then there will obviously be a runway in the military complex, and then finally there will be a few smaller airstrips out in the sticks and the desert.

Plus, if there is the crop duster, you have to assume that there are going to be at least one extra landing strip near a farm or something like that.

I think we will end up getting somewhere around 5 locations for planes, but the actual number of legitimate landing strips is hard to guess, because LAX is huge, and you never know how many runways R* will put in.

As has been spoken about before SoCal is a vast area which has...LOTS of airports...but before someone states ' Los angeles area which surrounding hills, countryside...yadayada", you must remember that the los angeles areas is not just LAX airport, there is:

Major hubs:

- Los Angeles International Airport

- LA/Ontario International Airport

- John Wayne Airport (Santa Ana)

Domestic Airports:

- Long Beach Airport

- Bob Hope Airport (serves San Fernando and San Gabriel Valleys)

Not to mention more than a dozen general aviation airports! All in the Los angeles area and surronding hills and countryside!!!! Thats not even stretching to SoCal but there are already arguments for and against why places like San Diego won't be in the game.

Personally I would like to see airports with interiors and the ability to board planes from a gate...Dreams sleepy.gif

Will just have to wait and see.

One thing for certain is if the map is the size they claim it to be and they are re-introducing planes...expect and LEAST three AIRPORTS, not strips, to land at. ( even if its LAX hub and two domestic hubs!)

This game will push every ounce of power the PS3 and xbox360 have! so expect something amazing...after all it is rockstar!

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (Wilko007 @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 15:50)
As we already know there are going to be planes in the game, meaning that there are airports.

My current confusion is that we only know about one main one, there's the airstrip in the desert as seen in trailer two, but the only other one is R*'s equivalent of LAX (LSX?)

Will there be another big airport? What's the point of taking off, if to only land at the same airport? Discuss.

You're not gonna' take off but just land at the same airport. There will obviously be a few airstrips. I'm sure we'll also get a small municipal airport that we can land at. That's all I need/want.

I do not understand why people think 'there cannot only be one big airport'.
Yes there can. What is Los Santos not supposed to have an airport? No offense but that point sucks. We got planes because people want 'em. LS has a big airport because it's a big city.

Having one big airport doesn't mean the fun of planes should cease to exist.

NGC BemaR
  • NGC BemaR

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 14:02)
As we already know there are going to be planes in the game, meaning that there are airports.

My current confusion is that we only know about one main one, there's the airstrip in the desert as seen in trailer two, but the only other one is R*'s equivalent of LAX (LSX?)

Will there be another big airport? What's the point of taking off, if to only land at the same airport? Discuss.

You're not gonna' take off but just land at the same airport. There will obviously be a few airstrips. I'm sure we'll also get a small municipal airport that we can land at. That's all I need/want.

Yes there can. What is Los Santos not supposed to have an airport? No offense but that point sucks. We got planes because people want 'em. LS has a big airport because it's a big city.

Im not sure if I am correct but when I read Wilko007's point it was not as you state 'one big airport' but the fact of we assume Los Santos will have a large airport. We also know that there are possibly two airstrips and maybe a military strip for the military aircraft shown. But not all planes can land on airstrips and so hence the question.

If all you need is to fly from point A (Large airport) to B ("small municipal airport") and back then thats ok.

But for most people being able to fly into multiple airports is a huge plus. The game is not based on Los Santos City! It is based on SoCal...or if you want to go further Los Angeles and the surrounding hills and countryside! LA is not just a city...it includes many other large to medium to small towns and cities which all have different sizes of airports.

The map is huge. One large airport, one "small municipal airport" and a few airstrips does not make sense.

If the size of the map is correct then Air travel will be a big method of transport on the game. But hey...your entitled to state what you want...

I however think Wilko007's question is fair...We know very little about aviation cryani.gif which for me is everything! biggrin.gif

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

So if thinking there will be a big Jumbojet like a Boeing 747.. where the heck would it land on a "small airstripp" in the the midle of nowhere?

take the AT-400 for exemple! there where almost no space to land it in the abanded airport in LV.. that plane would'nt have been in GTA SA if there where only 1 airport ph34r.gif

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (NGC BemaR @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 08:40)

Im not sure if I am correct but when I read Wilko007's point it was not as you state 'one big airport' but the fact of we assume Los Santos will have a large airport. We also know that there are possibly two airstrips and maybe a military strip for the military aircraft shown. But not all planes can land on airstrips and so hence the question.

If all you need is to fly from point A (Large airport) to B ("small municipal airport") and back then thats ok.

But for most people being able to fly into multiple airports is a huge plus. The game is not based on Los Santos City! It is based on SoCal...or if you want to go further Los Angeles and the surrounding hills and countryside! LA is not just a city...it includes many other large to medium to small towns and cities which all have different sizes of airports.

The map is huge. One large airport, one "small municipal airport" and a few airstrips does not make sense.

If the size of the map is correct then Air travel will be a big method of transport on the game. But hey...your entitled to state what you want...

I however think Wilko007's question is fair...We know very little about aviation cryani.gif which for me is everything! biggrin.gif

Well maybe we might get San Diego? I doubt it though. sad.gif

Fuckoutdawhey
  • Fuckoutdawhey

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Glad to see so many people underestimating the enormity of this game. 1 or 2 airports? Please. You realise this game is 5x RDR's size? Anyone that's played it must realise that 1 of RDR is f*cking huge. Some of you guys are in for a huge surprise when you play this game, it's a masterpiece.

I say AT LEAST 8 airports.

Come at me cool.gif

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (f*ckoutdawhey @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 14:54)
Glad to see so many people underestimating the enormity of this game. 1 or 2 airports? Please. You realise this game is 5x RDR's size? Anyone that's played it must realise that 1 of RDR is f*cking huge. Some of you guys are in for a huge surprise when you play this game, it's a masterpiece.

Come at me cool.gif

Planes are faster than horses.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Come at me cool.gif

Hm.. was RDR realy that big? i mean yeah with the horse it took quite a while to cross the map, but with a car or a plane for that matter?

but your right , one Airport is pure stupidity notify.gif

Fuckoutdawhey
  • Fuckoutdawhey

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Katve @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 14:57)

Come at me  cool.gif

Oh yeah, slipped my mind..

NGC BemaR
  • NGC BemaR

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Katve @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 14:57)

Come at me  cool.gif

Hmmm deffinately true...

Personally I dont think red dead was that big...as said we was just on horses. I certainly don't believe its bigger that San Andreas which had three airports and three landing strips... But hey thats for a different thread this is about airports moto_whistle.gif

Fuckoutdawhey
  • Fuckoutdawhey

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 14:57)

Come at me  cool.gif

Hm.. was RDR realy that big? i mean yeah with the horse it took quite a while to cross the map, but with a car or a plane for that matter?

icon14.gif

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

It would be nice to have 2 commercial airports, but I don't see where it could be, as by the looks of things there is only one in LS.

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

This topic already exists and more detailed

NGC BemaR
  • NGC BemaR

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (dansgas1000 @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 16:40)
This topic already exists and more detailed

Where? Hopefully not in the impossible to read aviation thread...

Tyg0903
  • Tyg0903

I build war machines for the greatest nation

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (lilmikey @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 23:10)
there has to be another city with an airport..where are the cpu beoings gonna fly to..around in circles?

I'm guessing there will be another commercial airport similar to San Diego's or John Wayne airport, commercial just not as big as LAX.

diablo400
  • diablo400

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (73duster)
I'd be SHOCKED if we got 3 main airports, and i'd be surprised if there's only 1, because i believe Rockstar wants to make planes a big part of the game. So if i were a betting man, i'd bet we get 2 MAIN airports, 1 medium sized airstrip at a military base and 1 small airstrip in the desert a la San Andreas flying school, which makes a total of 4 airports.

QUOTE (Tagan55)
Well if the game is roughly the what R* says is "gta iv, RDR, and SA combine" I would Imagine we're gonna see around maybe 5 airports total seems to be pretty correct. I mean they have to have places to store all of these aerial vehicles right? We have all sorts of heli's, fighter jets, comercial airlines, bi-planes, private jets, cargo plane, and maybe even possibly a blimp so I would have no worries about there not being enough airports and such  icon14.gif

Sounds about right.

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

The road is your airstrip cool.gif

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

I say:
1 main airport (Los Santos)
1 smaller scale commercial airport at some other town settlement?
2 to 3 Private airstrips
1 restricted military airstrip

kadava
  • kadava

MF Green Sabre

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

i hope Trevor has his own private airstrip behind his safe house, he is the pilot of the 3 of course.
When you zoom to him, you will be able to fly pretty fast.

YoungChrist
  • YoungChrist

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

They keep stressing the fact that theres only one city and its very much unlikely for there to be even a dirt airstrip in small towns but I remember in San Andreas there was this small developed area. Bayside, top left part of the san andreas map http://www.myepsilon...gtasa_areas.jpg

I wonder if they'll make like a smaller developed county with a few buildings in it similar to that of a city. I understand that they dont want to unnaturally bridge las vegas and san Francisco all into the same world like they previously did, but some smaller developed areas with a few buildings would be nice and maybe in one of those smaller cities, an airstrip.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

I honestly didn't read all the posts here, but there's one thing I want to say:
IF the game happens to have Airports again without any kind of interior, I will be EXTREMELY disappointed at R*. They've been doing that crap since GTA SA, even though GTA VC had some cool interior, and heck, even Saints Row 2 had interior, so c'mon R*, you CAN DO IT! turn.gif

IronZombie
  • IronZombie

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Think of it this way.. SA had the LS airport, the LV airport, the desert airfield, and if you wanna count it, the aircraft carrier with the airstrip on it. That's 4 separate areas to land a plane. Since V is going to be bigger than SA, IV, and RDR combined, I would imagine there would be at least 3-4 airports/airfields. All we know is that LS has at least 1 airport and Trevor might have a small dusty airfield near his house since he's a pilot. I'm pretty sure there's more, even though it's not confirmed or anything. There has to be.. all that space and nowhere to fly to? Unlikely.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

Nate is Love, Nate is Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

I seriously think there will be only one main airport, but there should be a military base and a couple of landing strips.

IronZombie
  • IronZombie

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 14:57)

Come at me  cool.gif

RDR didn't utilize its entire map, as there were areas that were unreachable. Also, it was pretty much mostly vast openness. There's a difference between driving through winding roads and traffic as opposed to cutting straight across a map. Think of it like in GTA SA. Even with the tiniest, slowest plane, crossing the map top to bottom or left to right took less than a minute. Some of the horses in RDR rode pretty damn fast, comparable to cars in GTA.

So basically all I'm saying is, don't judge a game's size simply by how long it takes to get from one side to the other. RDR was huge. Which means GTA V will be ginormous. 1 airport is definitely out of the question. At least 4 I would say, if not more.

Nafoni
  • Nafoni

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I really hope you can go inside the airports. They did a really good job with the interiors of the airport in Max Payne 3; maybe they will reuse some of the props and make the interior of the airports in V too. Imagine the fun you could have with security, conveyor belts and those Caddy-like vehicles inside the airport.

YoungChrist
  • YoungChrist

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (IronZombie @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 20:15)
Think of it this way.. SA had the LS airport, the LV airport, the desert airfield, and if you wanna count it, the aircraft carrier with the airstrip on it. That's 4 separate areas to land a plane. Since V is going to be bigger than SA, IV, and RDR combined, I would imagine there would be at least 3-4 airports/airfields. All we know is that LS has at least 1 airport and Trevor might have a small dusty airfield near his house since he's a pilot. I'm pretty sure there's more, even though it's not confirmed or anything. There has to be.. all that space and nowhere to fly to? Unlikely.

the problem with that theory is that the LV airstrip and the aircraft carrier were only there because Las Venturas and San fierro were in GTA: San Andreas. Now they're gone and we're left with one big city the size of liberty city itself and lots of country on the outskirts. Now its pretty ridiculous to suggest there will be two airports within Los Santos, it would only make sense for there to be one big one. This would suggest that right now it only makes sense for there to be one commercial airport (not including desert strips and private strips) in all of GTA V unless there actually are smaller cities which contain airstrips.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Ok lets go over what we know so far.

The airport will obviously have a runway.
Theres a runway in the desert.

Heres what we know but isnt confirmed at this moment.

Rockstar talks about Trevor being able to take a plane right away at the start of the game. There could be an airport or just a runway close to his house.
The military base is almost certain to have an airport of some kind.
We saw the cropduster plane in trailer 1. There should be runways around farmlands.
Its possible that theres other small cities around the map. Its likely that they would have airports aswell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users