» «
Photo

Help please!

11 replies to this topic
kydenrylen
  • kydenrylen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:45 PM Edited by kydenrylen, 18 January 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Can someone give me a full and clear tutorial on how to restore the original dff and txd files if you've removed them for the Police car and Enforcer in GTA III and the Ruger and the Python and the MAC 10 in Vice City. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both games but it didn't restore the removed files for the cars and weapons in question. sad.gif

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K13

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by _____, 19 January 2013 - 08:03 AM.

That's weird. The only way that could happen is if both games generate textures (GTA 3 generates them on any PC) for your computer and when you uninstall them the files don't delete.

Just to be on the safe side, uninstall both games again. Then go to your default partition (if you have more than one), into Program Files and search for a folder named Rockstar Games. Enter that folder and delete the folders for GTA III and Vice City. You won't lose your saved games as the files for that are stored in My Documents.

Once you do that, reinstall the games again. There is no way for the games not to be fully restored this way.

kydenrylen
  • kydenrylen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 22:20)
That's weird. The only way that could happen is if both games generate textures (GTA 3 generates them on any PC) for your computer and when you uninstall them the files don't delete.

Just to be on the safe side, uninstall both games again. Then go to your default partition (if you have more than one), into Program Files and search for a folder named Rockstar Games. Enter that folder and delete the folders for GTA III and Vice City. You won't lose your saved games as the files for that are stored in My Documents.

Once you do that, reinstall the games again. There is no for the games not to be fully restored this way.

Okay i'll try that. smile.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

Why did you make 4 topics for the same thing? Next time, please be more patient.

Just reinstall the game as suggested above. Also, delete the gta3.set file from the User Files folder.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

16 5 5

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Since you reinstalled the game and it didn't work, are you sure the game you purchased was original? Where did you get it from?

kydenrylen
  • kydenrylen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 05:47)
Since you reinstalled the game and it didn't work, are you sure the game you purchased was original? Where did you get it from?

Yes, it was original, it was the jewel case edition that came out in 2004, i got it at Amazon.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K13

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

So, any luck?

kydenrylen
  • kydenrylen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:16 PM Edited by kydenrylen, 19 January 2013 - 09:24 PM.

QUOTE (Girish @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 05:40)
Why did you make 4 topics for the same thing? Next time, please be more patient.

Just reinstall the game as suggested above. Also, delete the gta3.set file from the User Files folder.

That didn't work, i've tried every suggestion in each topic i've made that people said to try and they never helped to restore the removed dff and txd files for the Police car and Enforcer, now i can't play GTA III because i removed the dff and txd files in imgtool to try to restore the nypd style textures for the police car and enforcer. angry.gif suicidal.gif mad.gif sad.gif

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K13

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

That's just impossible. If you have completely removed both games as I told you the games had to restore to their original form. You must be doing something wrong.

Macavell
  • Macavell

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Strange...
Make sure that you remove the installation folders of the games completely after you removed them.

kydenrylen
  • kydenrylen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Macavell @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 21:46)
Strange...
Make sure that you remove the installation folders of the games completely after you removed them.

I did make sure to remove the GTAIII folder from the Rockstar Games folder. confused.gif

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:06 PM Edited by fireguy109, 21 January 2013 - 07:10 PM.

Did you try deleting the GTA III folder in AppData?

Type %appdata% (with the symbols) in your search bar on Windows and hit enter. Then on the bar on top it should say you are in Appdata\Roaming, go back to the basic Appdata folder and enter the Local subfolder. In local go to VirtualStore, then Program Files. Then look for a folder that says Rockstar Games, if you see it delete it. smile.gif So the directory is C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)

This folder saves some stuff for easier access, for example mine has the music in it for some reason, but I have heard of people having their IMG files duplicated there before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users