Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is Vice City Better Than GTA 3? If So How Much?

73 replies to this topic
MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

In fact GTA: Vice City has the most amount of Melee weapons than any GTA to date.

Thenoob
  • Thenoob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 13:06)
In fact GTA: Vice City has the most amount of Melee weapons than any GTA to date.

It does? Cool. Anyways exacly how powerful are the top tier weapons? Did they make the tier 1 weapons weak and make the top tier ones the same as GTA 3 power, or are the tier 1 weapons like the GTA 3 ones and the top tier ones are super weapons?

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by Master of San Andreas, 21 January 2013 - 01:38 PM.

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 10:37)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 17:49)
Miami, you of all people should know that more features doesn't necessarily mean a better game. smile.gif Just look at your defence of GTA 4 over San Andreas (which I can come to terms with).

Although Vice City most certainly does have more features I still prefer GTA 3 over it due to the atmosphere and feel of the game. I can honestly still see myself in 5 years playing GTA 3, whereas I can't with Vice City.

In the end it all just comes down to personal preference.
colgate.gif

I get what you're saying. I don't like GTA III's atmosphere and over VC just like I don't with SA's over GTA IV.

VC will always hold a special place in my heart. smile.gif

Yeah,even SA which my username is named after won't have the memories that I had with Vice City.

Well they are both legends I really liked GTA III alot but not as much as Vice. tounge.gif I can never ever forget that copter mission demoliton man I remember I used to ask my brother to finish it for me. inlove.gif

@lzw3- you like III better than Vice? and III is your favorite GTA Game? If so,explain this tounge.gif

QUOTE (lzw3)
I started off with Vice City back in 2004 or 2005, at the age of roughly 8, but at the time I much preferred GTA 3, and I still do to this day. Both games are equally nostalgic to me. Played San Andreas at a friend's house (I was completely unaware of the game at the time) and proceeded to buy the game the following year.

It is still my favourite game if all time. inlove.gif

http://www.gtaforums...pic=539967&st=0

tounge2.gif tounge2.gif tounge2.gif

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 09:33)
GTA III is a modern classic, but VC is better in every way.

Not quite true. GTA III felt more alive, there were more ambient sounds compared to Vice City. Also, III is the only one where you can shoot off limbs which makes it more realistic as a shooter.

However, I have to agree that Vice City is better than III feature wise. If you are new to GTA and gaming in general you will probably enjoy Vice City and San Andreas more. It's generally older fans that prefer the older games because they feel nostalgic about these games.
  • Engimus likes this

Alenko
  • Alenko

BEST IN THE WORLD.

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 05:02)
QUOTE (Macavell @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 20:51)
QUOTE (Alenko @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 00:06)
QUOTE (Macavell @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 15:39)
There is no better, everybody has its own preferences.
If you want to start playing GTA you should definitely play GTA III first and then Vice City.

Shouldn't you play Vice City first for storywise?

No.
Because the III era was concepted to first start the main story (GTA III) and then reveal the background.

Yeah, I think playing them in chronological order (by setting) would actually be harder to understand. They made Vice City afterwards for a reason. smile.gif

I always enjoyed playing them in storywise order. Going from VSC to III, was pretty exciting for me. Watching the characters age and killing them, too. Working for Avery in Vice City, then murdering him as Toni was a blast.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Alenko @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 04:57)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 05:02)
QUOTE (Macavell @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 20:51)
QUOTE (Alenko @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 00:06)
QUOTE (Macavell @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 15:39)
There is no better, everybody has its own preferences.
If you want to start playing GTA you should definitely play GTA III first and then Vice City.

Shouldn't you play Vice City first for storywise?

No.
Because the III era was concepted to first start the main story (GTA III) and then reveal the background.

Yeah, I think playing them in chronological order (by setting) would actually be harder to understand. They made Vice City afterwards for a reason. smile.gif

I always enjoyed playing them in storywise order. Going from VSC to III, was pretty exciting for me. Watching the characters age and killing them, too. Working for Avery in Vice City, then murdering him as Toni was a blast.

Yeah, I see what you mean. It would definitely be fun. I just think that a first time player should play the games by release date first, to get a certain understanding about the series. smile.gif

I would love to do a chronological order playthrough, but unfortunately can't due to my lack of Vice City Stories. sad.gif

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Yes way better. The style, weather, clothes, guns, and music was better. Just about everything in VC beats III(3).

III(3) was pretty much foreshadowing suicidal.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

LOL you don't have to verify what III means Ruth.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 13:29)
MooSA's lengthy post...

Favorites change, man. Mine did... bored.gif

Anyway, I choose Vice City over GTA III. Because I didn't like the environment, storyline and the city a lot. Now Vice City was awesome. I loved the environment, the feel of the 80s, the club life, the slums and everything...And Tommy was more bad-ass too. angry.gif

GTAforthe21thcentury
  • GTAforthe21thcentury

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:49 AM Edited by GTAforthe21thcentury, 12 February 2013 - 11:52 AM.

Personally, I hate 3. When it first came out, I loved it, but so many other better GTAs came out since. I think VC is just awesome. Also, there was nothing realistic about 3's limb detachment. If an M16 could do that to someone in real life, I think they would be called "limb destroyers".

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Tuesday, Feb 12 2013, 06:39)

Just want to remin myself how bad the game is. smile.gif

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (GTAforthe21thcentury @ Tuesday, Feb 12 2013, 14:49)
Personally, I hate 3. When it first came out, I loved it, but so many other better GTAs came out since. I think VC is just awesome. Also, there was nothing realistic about 3's limb detachment. If an M16 could do that to someone in real life, I think they would be called "limb destroyers".

I respect your opinion, and i'm not gonna argue with it, but I have to point out that in the weapons category, GTA 3 is not exactly realistic.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (GTAforthe21thcentury @ Tuesday, Feb 12 2013, 14:49)
Also, there was nothing realistic about 3's limb detachment. If an M16 could do that to someone in real life, I think they would be called "limb destroyers".

I agree about the M16, but then again how can you shoot heads off in Vice City as well as the others?
Limbs will also fall off in explosions, so that makes III more realistic in that area because it is the only game where that happens.

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Bit late to the party here, but I may as well state my opinion.

Vice City is my favourite GTA game, along with San Andreas, so I would say that VC is better than III.
This doesn't mean that III is a bad game, it was a very fun game to cause mayhem in, but it doesn't feel very good 11 years later.
Plus, I prefer the bright atmosphere to Vice City than the dark, gritty feel of Liberty City. I adore the storyline and the general gameplay to Vice City so yeah...

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Tuesday, Feb 12 2013, 23:06)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Tuesday, Feb 12 2013, 06:39)

Just want to remin myself how bad the game is. smile.gif

By putting (3) after every time you write III? If that's what you do to bad games why don't you do IV(4)? Bet that would get Miami's knickers in a knot.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

He hasn't said anything yet. But i'm just being more specific of wich GTA it is thats all. confused.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by DropThaSystem, 12 February 2013 - 10:52 PM.

It depends on personal preference. I've had great memories with both games, so this would be a hard choice for me. Vice City is better in my opinion, though. Mostly due to the fact that VC actually had helicopters,motorbikes,talking protag,etc. III is still a great game, as well, even without those new features that were in VC. Both, GTA III and VC, have great storylines, also. I love the bright atmosphere of VC. It feels good driving through Ocean Beach listening to Billie Jean. Starfish Island is also a great place to travel through. Don't get me wrong now, III had a great feeling, too, but when you switch from a newer game to an older one, it feels very awkward. Depending on what mood I'm in, I actually enjoy cruising through Liberty City with the gritty atmosphere.

Terminator001
  • Terminator001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

I like liberty city better than vice city.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (Terminator001 @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 06:40)

Liberty City III era or IV era? mercie_blink.gif

Terminator001
  • Terminator001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 06:46)

GTAIII

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (Terminator001 @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 06:47)
QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 06:46)

GTAIII

What was better? dontgetit.gif I mean I don't hate it but I didn't love the atmosphere of that city. And atmosphere is the main thing. In Vice City it was different. I loved the slums, the clubs, the neon filled cities. I mean every single place was brightly lit in spite of Tommy's life. It fitted the game so nicely.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

^ III also had good atmosphere while it wasn't sunny and colorful as Vice City was it has something special too, its dark, gloomy colors gang violance all over Liberty city and small things like peds dialouges, music in Sal's mansion really make Liberty city as "worst place in America". No other GTA has these small things, that's what makes III unique. But on other hand I too prefer Vice city I just like it more and it captured 80s atmosphere very well. smile.gif

AnalSaturday
  • AnalSaturday

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:27 PM Edited by AnalSaturday, 19 February 2013 - 12:31 PM.

@guys saying limbs falling off aren't realistic: Hey what's the point, I like it when a game or movie ignores physics and biology! It was fun to get people dismembered. Just pretend it's the bullets moving so fast that they literally cut the limbs off. I know it's just a matter of opinion, the game should allow you to enable or disable it maybe.

Well both games are quite different, I loved GTA3 for its atmosphere, with the gray motion blur and the echoing voices of the peds, the huge city (which actually isn't that big at all but somehow felt huge in GTA3) and I also loved how Claude didn't speak or even have a name so I could feel more immersed in the game. But I think Vice City is better. In GTA3 you run out of stuff to do after a while but in Vice City you have loads of vehicles, weapons, side missions and interesting places to visit, so you'll probably be playing it for a really long time and still have fun. This is really important, it's a game you will be casually playing long after you finished the story. GTA3 can still be fun after you've finished it but it has less fun stuff to do that Vice City. Also, VC is set in the freaking 80s, and it's pretty much "Scarface the game" before the actual licensed Scarface game was made.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 21:30)
^ III also had good atmosphere while it wasn't sunny and colorful as Vice City was it has something special too, its dark, gloomy colors gang violance all over Liberty city and small things like peds dialouges, music in Sal's mansion really make Liberty city as "worst place in America". No other GTA has these small things, that's what makes III unique. But on other hand I too prefer Vice city I just like it more and it captured 80s atmosphere very well. smile.gif

Agreed. I prefer VC's atmosphere, but no one can deny GTA III done a great job at making LC feeling like a crime ridden sh*thole.

Without a doubt my favourite area is The Red Light District. Most people know how I feel about GTA IV, but honestly I think the sense of danger was great in GTA III. Abeit a bit over done with the way the gangs wanted to eat Claude alive, but great nonetheless.

gtaIII48
  • gtaIII48

awesome

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

I Love 'Em Both Just The Same alien.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif yin-yang.gif xmas.gif rahkstar2.gif viddy_pirate.gif

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Tuesday, Feb 12 2013, 20:10)
why don't you do IV(4)? Bet that would get Miami's knickers in a knot.

I have said that before.

VCs atmosphere is way better than III.

p27ratik
  • p27ratik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

I prefer Vice city because VC has Better graphics, better soundtrack. Vice City has the extra features like bailing out of cars, crouching, more weapons, more cars, choppers, loads of boats etc.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

It depends on what you like. I preferred GTA 3 over VC but that's just because I liked LC.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

Vice City provides that wonderful feeling of 80's Miami. That's what makes it so enjoyable. I've had many more amazing memories with GTA:VC than GTA III. Both are great games overall, though.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

Grand Theft Auto Vice City & Grand Theft Auto III are the best indeed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users