Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is Vice City Better Than GTA 3? If So How Much?

73 replies to this topic
Thenoob
  • Thenoob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

The title says it all

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

In my opinion it is, in many aspects missions are much more developed you have to buy assets to proceed through story I liked that, better story no hate to GTA III I liked that too, but VC one is much better imo. Vice city has unique 80s atmosphere that's one of the things I like the most, GTA III had also great atmosphere though. And soundtrack was pure epicness. inlove.gif GTA III soundtrack is nothing compared to VC one.

Thenoob
  • Thenoob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 17:39)
In my opinion it is, in many aspects missions are much more developed you have to buy assets to proceed through story I liked that, better story no hate to GTA III I liked that too, but VC one is much better imo. Vice city has unique 80s atmosphere that's one of the things I like the most, GTA III had also great atmosphere though. And soundtrack was pure epicness. inlove.gif GTA III soundtrack is nothing compared to VC one.

What are the new features in Vice City?

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

"New"? Game is 10 years old, compared to GTA III it has motorbikes, helicopters, ability to crouch, buying properties, assets, talking protagonist etc. etc.

Thenoob
  • Thenoob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 17:57)
"New"? Game is 10 years old, compared to GTA III it has motorbikes, helicopters, ability to crouch, buying properties, assets, talking protagonist etc. etc.

Nice features. Is it easier or harder than GTA 3?

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hard to say really. GTA III is harder if you play it after VC because in III you don't have features like crouching, bailing out from car etc. so things which you have been used to, you can't use now so in that aspect it may be harder. But I would say neither of them are hard, it just takes a little practice to master them. smile.gif

Thenoob
  • Thenoob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 18:02)
Hard to say really. GTA III is harder if you play it after VC because in III you don't have features like crouching, bailing out from car etc. so things which you have been used to, you can't use now so in that aspect it may be harder. But I would say neither of them are hard, it just takes a little practice to master them. smile.gif

Ah ok. I hear that in Vice City is you do pizza missions or somthing you get to increase your health and armour to 150. Seems like a preety cool unlockable.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

The Pizza Boy missions are only for raising your maximum health to 150. To raise the armour you need to do the Vigilante instead.
  • Arya35 likes this

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

I personally prefer GTA 3, the dark and gritty atmosphere of Liberty City never gets old. For me, it is pretty much the perfect game. A lot of people say it hasn't aged too well and in some ways I agree, but it is still so much fun to play, and I think I will be for next next few years still. There a reason it's in the top 5 highest rated video games in Metacritic (GTA 4 being no. 1)

Vice City is also great. As 09 said it was a massive leap in the series, adding a variety of new features to the game. The empire system is amazing, the protagonist is amazing (something I feel GTA 3 was actually lacking), the plot is amazing and most importantly the map is amazing. I love cruising down Ocean Beach in an Oceanic late at night. inlove.gif

In all they are both great games, some of my favourite of all time, but I prefer GTA 3 just that little bit.
smile.gif

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

I have to say Vice City because it was my first GTA - I was like 7-8 years old and saw people playing it in a store, and I was like wtf is this - you can shoot cops? the f*ck kinda game is that, I know I WAS LATE but I was young then so I didn't knew III existed until like 2004

Yes got the right topic this time

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Vice City is good, better then GTAIII. But if you've seen the movie Scarface you may find yourself annoyed at times by the blatant copying from that movie. It's not too bad, there's a lot more to Vice City then Scarface references, but in my opinion the game is just a tiny bit too much like the movie.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

No, although it has more features than III, it doesn't mean it's better, if that was true, San Andreas and Vice City Stories would be the best games of the series.
GTA III is just overall better, Vice City' crystal clear water, sunny beaches and shiny neon buildings are no match for III's darkness, polluted sea, and melancholic weather.

Don't get me wrong, Vice City is, closely tied with GTA 2, my second favorite GTA game.

But there's something special in III that always makes it my number 1 favorite.

ForDaNords
  • ForDaNords

-

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Yes, there's something special about Vice City.

MurdocisGod1990
  • MurdocisGod1990

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

Great topic, I really don't like GTA III, I'm playing a tiny bit of Vice City on my roommates PS2 until it comes out on the PSN store. I agree with what the other guy said, I got spoiled by GTA IV and San Andreas, both make III play horribly for me. I'm new to Vice City myself, please keep answering people! I wanna learn before it comes out on PSN.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (JustRob @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 08:45)
Vice City is good, better then GTAIII. But if you've seen the movie Scarface you may find yourself annoyed at times by the blatant copying from that movie. It's not too bad, there's a lot more to Vice City then Scarface references, but in my opinion the game is just a tiny bit too much like the movie.

Thats the point Einstein. The whole game is built on tackiness and over-the-top references to 80's pop culture, that's why it's so good.

wacute400
  • wacute400

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

<snip>

Thenoob
  • Thenoob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

What are the new weapons in Vice City?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Take a look here:
http://www.grandthef...n_GTA_Vice_City

Alenko
  • Alenko

BEST IN THE WORLD.

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Liberty City itself, to me, was a much better city. Skyscrapers, large bridges, and an active subway all made the
city memorable. I liked the character's better in Vice City more, Tommy was amazing.

Macavell
  • Macavell

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

There is no better, everybody has its own preferences.
If you want to start playing GTA you should definitely play GTA III first and then Vice City.

Alenko
  • Alenko

BEST IN THE WORLD.

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Macavell @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 15:39)
If you want to start playing GTA you should definitely play GTA III first and then Vice City.

Shouldn't you play Vice City first for storywise?

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

I prefer GTA III catspider.gif

Reiji
  • Reiji

Sarcastic Cock

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

No, I played GTAIII first. Therefore GTAIII is way more memorable.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Reiji @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 11:27)
No, I played GTAIII first. Therefore GTAIII is way more memorable.

The thread is not for which game you remember the best, it is for the better game. smile.gif

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

I can't think of anything from GTA III that objectively makes it better than VC, but I can think of things in VC that make it better than GTA III.

Motorcycles.
More weapons.
Being able to dive from moving cars.
Being able to crouch.
Assets.
Vocal protagonist. (Though I understand people like Claude's silent personality so maybe this is more subjective than objective).

Etc, etc.

GTA III is a modern classic, but VC is better in every way.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Miami, you of all people should know that more features doesn't necessarily mean a better game. smile.gif Just look at your defence of GTA 4 over San Andreas (which I can come to terms with).

Although Vice City most certainly does have more features I still prefer GTA 3 over it due to the atmosphere and feel of the game. I can honestly still see myself in 5 years playing GTA 3, whereas I can't with Vice City.

In the end it all just comes down to personal preference.
colgate.gif

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 17:49)
Miami, you of all people should know that more features doesn't necessarily mean a better game. smile.gif Just look at your defence of GTA 4 over San Andreas (which I can come to terms with).

Although Vice City most certainly does have more features I still prefer GTA 3 over it due to the atmosphere and feel of the game. I can honestly still see myself in 5 years playing GTA 3, whereas I can't with Vice City.

In the end it all just comes down to personal preference.
colgate.gif

I get what you're saying. I don't like GTA III's atmosphere and over VC just like I don't with SA's over GTA IV.

VC will always hold a special place in my heart. smile.gif

Macavell
  • Macavell

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Alenko @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 00:06)

No.
Because the III era was concepted to first start the main story (GTA III) and then reveal the background.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Macavell @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 20:51)
QUOTE (Alenko @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 00:06)

No.
Because the III era was concepted to first start the main story (GTA III) and then reveal the background.

Yeah, I think playing them in chronological order (by setting) would actually be harder to understand. They made Vice City afterwards for a reason. smile.gif

Thenoob
  • Thenoob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 11:39)
Take a look here:
http://www.grandthef...n_GTA_Vice_City

Damn it that's alot of weapons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users