Saved with Peds Riot cheat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic
annms
  • annms

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

I've been playing GTA SA recently and have used the pedestrian riot cheat, and saved my game after using it.

Then I just read somewhere today that saving with this cheat causes the Madd Dogg mission (I haven't reached it yet) to be unbeatable!

Is this true? If so, is there anyway I can fix this without starting over?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:12 AM Edited by OrionSR, 17 January 2013 - 09:16 AM.

Yes, it is true, but on PC it's the Pedestrians Attack Each Other cheat that causes all the problems. The same cheat is called Pedestrian Riot on PS2, which can lead to some confusion. You can tell if the glitch is present at any time by visiting a vending cart (Chilli, Noodles, etc). If the vendor attacks CJ or other pedestrians in the area then you've got the glitch.

The glitch can be repaired with the GTA SA Savegame Editor v3.0 by Paul Breeuwsma (link below), but it's an awkward process since it's a full Pedestrian preference editor instead of a one button fix. Compare the flags of the Male Civilian, Female Civilian, Medic, Drug Dealer, and Bum (maybe Fireman too, I can't remember now) with those of a new or unglitched save and make the necessary repairs.

http://www.paulinternet.nl/sa

There used to be a tool specifically for fixing this problem by hmvartak, but the website is now dead and I can't find my copy. If you run into a lot of trouble post again and perhaps someone can find a copy to help you out.

If you are playing on PS2 you'll need AR-Max or other software that can copy the save to and from a PC. If you are playing on PS3 or Xbox you will need to start over.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 09:12)
If you are playing on PS2 you'll need AR-Max or other software that can copy the save to and from a PC.

Can't you just pop it onto a memory stick? My brother had a PS2 and I always thought that the USB ports are there to backup the games onto the computer.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

How is it be impossible to pass???

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (richard1997jones @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 13:00)

There are Eight Save slots. Go to one before the horrible save. Or start over.

annms
  • annms

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 09:12)
Yes, it is true, but on PC it's the Pedestrians Attack Each Other cheat that causes all the problems. The same cheat is called Pedestrian Riot on PS2, which can lead to some confusion. You can tell if the glitch is present at any time by visiting a vending cart (Chilli, Noodles, etc). If the vendor attacks CJ or other pedestrians in the area then you've got the glitch.

The glitch can be repaired with the GTA SA Savegame Editor v3.0 by Paul Breeuwsma (link below), but it's an awkward process since it's a full Pedestrian preference editor instead of a one button fix. Compare the flags of the Male Civilian, Female Civilian, Medic, Drug Dealer, and Bum (maybe Fireman too, I can't remember now) with those of a new or unglitched save and make the necessary repairs.

http://www.paulinternet.nl/sa

There used to be a tool specifically for fixing this problem by hmvartak, but the website is now dead and I can't find my copy. If you run into a lot of trouble post again and perhaps someone can find a copy to help you out.

If you are playing on PS2 you'll need AR-Max or other software that can copy the save to and from a PC. If you are playing on PS3 or Xbox you will need to start over.

Thanks for the help OrionSR, much appreciated.

I'm playing on the PC, and I used BOTH the "pedestrian riot" and "pedestrians attack each other" cheat, and saved after using them. (I used them on Zero's "Supply Lines" mission. That mission was a pain in the backside and I used those two cheats so that the pedestrians could take care of some of the lackeys for me)

Anyway, I used that Savegame Editor and have fixed all the pedestrian preferences you mentioned. No more attacking vendors. smile.gif

Hopefully I won't be seeing that glitch in the Madd Dogg mission later.

Thanks again!

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Madd Dogg jumps off the roof as soon as the mission starts, not giving you enough time to reach him with the Walton.

Similar glitches also happen in Burning Desire (After taking Denise home, she'll go and fight other people instead of going to her door) and in Tanker Commander. (Upon reaching RS Haul, Catalina will shoot Mr. Whittaker in the head instead of exchanging the payoff.)

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Gary-X @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 12:28)

Madd Dogg jumps off the roof as soon as the mission starts, not giving you enough time to reach him with the Walton.

Similar glitches also happen in Burning Desire (After taking Denise home, she'll go and fight other people instead of going to her door) and in Tanker Commander. (Upon reaching RS Haul, Catalina will shoot Mr. Whittaker in the head instead of exchanging the payoff.)

If I add something to it, actually Madd Dog will act as a normal pedestrian in that mission and try to fight with other civilians after mission starts because you have saved the game with pedestrian riot cheat. Since Madd Dog is in the roof, he has to jump from the roof to start fighting and that leeds him to death even before CJ goes to Walton. That's the reason why he jumps from roof and this mission can't be passed.

This cheat is advantageous only when you need to steal FP vehicles from street races. When this cheat is activated, pedestrians will tank out all drivers when they finish race to steal their FP vehicle for CJ.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

The gym trainers will attack you and patrons in the gym even after deactivation. Of course, the best "fix" is prevention; as in, not saving or even better, not using it. Out of all the button cheats, this is the only troublesome one I encountered.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

MADD DOGG JUMPS
madd dogg suicide! This topic Contains all the below listed Topics
Madd Dogg, how to complete? Read Only.
What is Happening Here Read Only.
Madd Dogg Help! Read Only.