Photo

[REL | SRC | IV] Air Combat IV script

31 replies to this topic
julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:37 AM Edited by julionib, 17 March 2013 - 09:07 PM.

my new mod that adds engine effect, rockets, cannons, flares, moving parts (doors), bombs, HUD and enemys to combat

installation guide:

open source wink.gif

http://gtaxscripting...5-xbox-360.html
http://www.facebook.com/GtaIVScripting
http://www.youtube.c...er/GTAScripting

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

wow, that's really awesome, I don't mod (or use mods) for IV, but I had to take a look at this. Good work icon14.gif

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

thx man

core.max2010
  • core.max2010

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

@Julio NIB: You are bringing GTA V capabilities for GTA IV. so your script is a wonder biggrin.gif

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Is it possible to make other moving parts for planes? smile.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Well done Julio, top class scripter you are. cookie.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:50 PM Edited by nkjellman, 17 January 2013 - 10:10 PM.

Some nice work there. This is going right on my game. Just the thing IV needed.
But one question.
Is it possible to do propellers?

Also I got some ideas for future versions you might be interested in.
-Flyable Blue Ghawar from TBoGT. (door is a seperate model so you could even make it open and close)
-Hang Glider like in FC3.
-Sea Planes. (Both types too. Ones that do land and water, and ones that just do water.)
-VTOL Planes that can both fly like planes, and hover. (You might be able to make these set as heli's in the vehicle.ide, then code it so when your not in VTOL mode and fly like a jet, it basically makes it fly forward, and slow down instead of fly up and down.
-Cargo Plane. Back door that opens up, and when you drive your car in, it attaches to the inside so you can fly it around. (May be pointless in regular LC, but not in mods that involve there being more than one airport, whether its a TC or a add on map.)
-RC helicopters and planes. (maybe cars too) I know how this could work. There smaller, and they use custom sounds so their not so loud. The script doesn't let Niko get in it like a regular vehicle. With the script you can fly/drive it around, not too far away though. You can make them explode. Niko is looking at his phone so it looks like he is using a remote control. Also the script makes peds not be afraid of it. Otherwise the peds would look like the biggest pussies ever being afraid of a toy lol.
-Working lights

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

yep, thats a lot of ideas hehe, actually im working in an request of nevitro to improove one script for him, but i will do it slowly, because i will "restart" gym next week

chirbear
  • chirbear

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

Love the mod, some of the best work done in GTA IV so far. Is there any way to change the default acceleration keys? Thanks!

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

thx, at this moment only in game config

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Great script. I tried it out yesterday, and I'm impressed. But, is there a way to auto lock onto an enemy plane/helicopter?

Is there a way to bind the keys to the Xbox 360 controller?
Good button assignments that would go with typical GTA controls for planes on an Xbox 360 controller:
-RT accelerate
-LT slow down
-Y enter/exit/eject
-A bullets
-X rockets
-B bomb
-B (hold) when rocket is fired, camera follows it.
-Left Stick steer (So flaps work)
-LB taxi left
-RB taxi right

Functions on controller that would need to be disabled to prevent interference:
-LB drive by
-B cinematic camera
-X switch drive by weapons

Some of these features would require the script to be updated. Do you think you could update it so the controller works? I'd much rather fly with a controller. Also for a controller, do you think you can add sensitivity for the trigger and analog stick binds? Also another good idea is to spawn enemies and fugitives when the player is in a Buzzard or an Annhilator. Last, for the plane spawn option, you should do a menu so the player can pick more than one plane.

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

the problem with controller is that i dont have one xbox controller ^^, maybe you can send me one script with an example of how to use xbox controller, so i can do the changes and send to you do the final test

i was looking into glovePie use, this can make it work with any gamepad or joystick

what you mean with : "auto lock on enemy"?

this already happen, but you must focus it close to the center of the direction of the player jet

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (julionib @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 04:08)
the problem with controller is that i dont have one xbox controller ^^, maybe you can send me one script with an example of how to use xbox controller, so i can do the changes and send to you do the final test

i was looking into glovePie use, this can make it work with any gamepad or joystick

what you mean with : "auto lock on enemy"?

this already happen, but you must focus it close to the center of the direction of the player jet

I could. Not many PC scripts support the Xbox controller. I know that first person mod does use the back button, and SNT does use B for Nitro in TBoGT.

But basically, it shouldn't be hard to get Xbox controller support. You probably just need to know what id to assign the buttons to. However, the analog stick and the triggers are another story.

Here is what I have found. Might help.
I'll take it you mean for on a PC? This is for Windows 7:

A button = 1

B button = 2

X button = 3

Y button = 4

LB = 5

RB = 6

Back button = 7

Start button = 8

Left thumbstick click = 9

Right thumbstick click = 10

Left trigger = - on the Z axis

Right trigger = + on the Z axis

Right thuumbstick = both X and Y axis

The Xbox Guide button does not have a mapping number , the left thumb stick appears in the square on the left of my image and the D-Pad in the circle on the right. Hope this helps!

core.max2010
  • core.max2010

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

@JulioNIB: AC_IV v1.4, YEAH BRO: THE AIR COMBA T IV REVOLUCION TO BE CONTINUE biggrin.gif

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

thx yeah core.max ^^

but i was unable to create the xbox 360 controller support tounge.gif , i stil stuck in that part

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (julionib @ Tuesday, Feb 12 2013, 18:38)
thx yeah core.max ^^

but i was unable to create the xbox 360 controller support tounge.gif , i stil stuck in that part

I'd ask around the forms. Some people's scripts use the Xbox 360 Controller buttons. For example the SNT has a few Xbox controller functions in it, maybe the developer can help there.

But what to do when the game decides to spawn peds in planes. Not configured in the cargrp.dat. Some previous planes don't spawn that I have but the one that I got for this mod does. Might be fixable in the vehicles.ide. Or the SNT does something to protect against added vehicles spawning on the streets and makes them not visible to other people in MP, which I think also protects against having planes on the streets which looks retarded and sometimes crashes the game. I have the Ultimate Vehicle Pack installed with no traffic fix. Taxi's are everywhere, but at least the map loads. (Taxi fix makes the map be invisible on my game.) I prefer taxi's. But anyways, this makes the game basically ignore the cargrp.dat. (or only use part of it.) Anyways, if the SNT added vehicles feature has something that is spawning added vehicles differently so they are not visible on other peoples screens in MP, which also makes the game not use that vehicle on the streets when your using it, do you think you could add this?

I know SNT added vehicles and mod garage sco script have this feature. Sorry if I didn't explain what I mean well.

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

i had this issue too, i fixed reducing the variable Frequency from 100 to 1 in the jet's vehicles.ide, i didnt saw jets on streets anymore ^^, and this only happend with added jet that dont replace game vehicles.

about the taxi bug i think that i fixed applying the same idea to taxi and taxi2, i reduce from 40 to 4 and the number of taxis now are almost normal.

i explain this on this video, but its extensive:

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Also, how do I stop the script from changing my player model. I deleted the player model line in the ini, but it adds it back in. I don't want to be the FBI ped. I would like to stay Niko/Johnny/Luis.

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

empty string

pilot_model=

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (julionib @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 17:59)
empty string

pilot_model=

Odd. I did that twice, and saved the file, but the model name always makes its way back in when I run the game.

I'll try making it read only.

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

what is your script version?
this will happen in version 1.3, the new one v1.4 dont do this anymore

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

There are problems with the missile: when you fly at high speed, the rockets are bugged, I.E. they stay behind the aircraft.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (julionib @ Saturday, Feb 16 2013, 14:57)
what is your script version?
this will happen in version 1.3, the new one v1.4 dont do this anymore

On that note, 1.3. Updating.... biggrin.gif
Edit:GTAGarage is down. Hope I can find it somewhere else.

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

are you sure that you have the version 1.4 of the script? and you are changing this config in the jet file (folder JetFiles\Jets) not in the main ac-iv.ini file?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (julionib @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 21:45)
are you sure that you have the version 1.4 of the script? and you are changing this config in the jet file (folder JetFiles\Jets) not in the main ac-iv.ini file?

I have 1.3, I think. AC-IV.vb is last edited 1/24/2013. However I can't download V1.4 because GTAGarage is down. Also I'm editing AC-IV.ini in the scripts folder. I delete the line, but when I play the game it still changes my model. I go back into the file and the model name re-appears. I know the script is doing it because I edit, save the file, and reopen it before starting the game and the line isn't there. As soon as I use the script the line appears.

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

yep the version 1.3 do it ^^

the version 1.4 has an different behavior, take a look at my video, i have mirrors for download in the description (last three links):

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (jackusCTB @ Saturday, Feb 16 2013, 22:06)
There are problems with the missile: when you fly at high speed, the rockets are bugged, I.E. they stay behind the aircraft.

yep, this is normal, i didnt take care of this bug, its not usefull in my opinion

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (julionib @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 20:06)
QUOTE (jackusCTB @ Saturday, Feb 16 2013, 22:06)

yep, this is normal, i didnt take care of this bug, its not usefull in my opinion

Well, it's still a bug but the choice it's yours smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:46 AM Edited by nkjellman, 09 March 2013 - 07:35 AM.

I installed your add on plane pack with the new script, but I can't seem to get them to spawn.

Edit: Appears on my Windows 8 install, the ScriptHookDotNet.asi won't load. I know this because it doesn't create a log file and I can't go into the console. However the Simple Native Trainer works.

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 05:46)
I installed your add on plane pack with the new script, but I can't seem to get them to spawn.

Edit: Appears on my Windows 8 install, the ScriptHookDotNet.asi won't load. I know this because it doesn't create a log file and I can't go into the console. However the Simple Native Trainer works.

if the scripthook .asi don load sucessfully you will not be able to use this script sad.gif

i didnt tested in windows 8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users