Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Ultimate Starter Edition Round 3
lol232's Vehicle: NOT FOUND!!!
OLD STARTER SAVE: Made on December 31 2012, 12:00:00
Game Script Version: 1.0 + Version 1.1 Patch
Ultimate Starter Edition Chain Game Code Version: 2.0
The Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game is free for anyone who wants to play along. The goal of the Ultimate Starter Edition Chain Game is to complete every possible side mission available from the beginning before progressing with the Storyline.
Please, read the Rules or the Quick Start Guide before you start to play. The Rules are designed so that the game can progress smoothly and everyone can have an enjoyable experience of contributing into bringing the game towards the maximum percentage possible.
Since in this Round a new Starter Save is used, it is advised for ALL players to read the full Starter Save guide first before starting to play, so that everyone could be informed about every slightest detail of the new Save! The Starter Save Guide can be found in the Starter Save post.
New players are always welcome to join the Chain Game. If you're new and want to plunge right in, simply look through the Quick Start Guide and read the complete set of rules later. You're excused for now but eventually you'll have to do it. Otherwise, you'll spoil all the fun. And not only for the others, but for yourself as well!
Quick Start Guide
Supplement To The Rules
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Personnel
The Ultimate Starter Checklist
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Records Book
Hideout Items List
Unique Vehicles List
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Hosted Mods
Quick Start Guide
- Take a turn by making a post in this topic.
- Download the save file from the last post.
- Complete one side mission. If there are several side missions available, choose the one you desire. Remember: DO NOT get busted or wasted, and DO NOT use any kind of cheats during your turn or it won't count!
- After you completed your turn, upload your save file on Samutz Save'N'Play or any other file sharing network.
- Post the link to your save file back in the topic within 3 hours. Edit your original post to do this.
- Do not use any kind of cheats, trainers, modifications or CLEO scripts. They can sometimes seriously mess up things in the game, so using them will not only spoil the fun for yourself, but for the other players as well. Although, unlike GTA San Andreas, there is no effect on a save after using cheats (several cheats are exception though), it is strongly recommended not to use them. See exceptions for this rule below.
- Take a turn by posting in this topic.
- Download the save file from the last post. In this game, the same save file is used throughout the whole game from the beginning to the maximum percentage reachable.
- Complete ONE Named Side Mission only, save your game, upload your save file (see below) and post a link to it back in the topic (use the Edit button to edit your original post).
- The Named Side Mission is any mission that changes the save file name. Examples are "Multistorey Mayhem", "Gripped!" and "Rumpo Rampage".
- Use Samutz's Save'N'Play Service to upload your save file (recommended uploader). If it is down, you can use any other file sharing network. Bear in mind, that this network must grant free download access to anybody using it.
- Use the preferred posting format (see below).
- Wait until 2 other turns have been completed before taking your turn again.
- If 4 hours pass without anybody completing a turn, then the '2-Mission Wait Rule' is reset and anyone can take a turn. This does NOT mean waiting 4 hours between personal turn completions.
- The time limit to complete the turn is 3 hours. The player's deadline is defined by the time of the post. The timer starts when the player has made a post indicating that he has taken a turn. If 3 hours pass and the player does not post back, his turn is declared 'Forfeit' and anyone else can take a turn.
- Any player can forfeit. The forfeiter should skip at least one next turn or wait until the '2-Mission Wait Rule' has been reset before he/she can take a turn again. The forfeited turn will not count towards the '2-Mission Wait Rule' and will not reset the 4 hour timer.
- In the event of two palyers taking a turn at the same time, the one who posted earlier has the turn.
- Mission strategy is solely up to the player - just don't use cheats, trainers, modifications or CLEO scripts (for exceptions see below).
- DO NOT save after getting busted or wasted.
- The player can purchase weapons, respray the vehicles, set up the bombs and have relations with prostitutes. Please, mention any of this stuff in the Notes section of your post.
- The player can do any available collections or deliveries in his/her 3 hours. Please, report any rewards received for completing side missions in the Notes section of your post.
- In the Ultimate Starter Edition the players will be forced to get to Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale by using any techniques possible to access these islands before they are open. Just remember not to use any cheats and/or trainers!
- It is highly essential not to trash this topic with unnecessary comments and replies. If you have something to say about the Chain Game, which is not related to taking turns, post in the Chain Game Lounge.
- Only modifications that do not involve tampering with main.scm, gta3.img, txd.img and default.ide files (which are the game's core files) are allowed to be used during turn completion.
- If you are looking for modifications to use during your turns and in your free gameplay, check out the Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Hosted Mods section - all of modifications there are authorized to be used.
- If you witness a violation of any kind of any of the above mentioned rules, DO NOT hesitate to report in a Personal Message to the Chain Game Chief or to any of the High Staff members. Noticing a violation at an early stage will help immeasurably in running the Chain Game smoothly.
Please, post the game completion percentage after you have completed your turn. This will help incredibly in assembling the statistics at the end of the Round. The completion percentage can be found in the first line of STATS menu.
- Try to keep the mission failures to minimum. If the mission failure was nothing more than a result of the player's bad luck, it is advised for him/her to restart the turn, unless loads of side missions have been completed up to the point of failure without the player saving a single time.
- Try to keep the safe house saves to minimum. If you have a game crash problem on your system multiple saves are alright. It is also advised to save when the player does not want to lose some significant progress. This is much helpful when the player fails a mission, gets busted or wasted - then it will not be necessary to redo all the stuff done up to the point of failure.
- Try to save with full health and armor. If you lost some during missions, take time to search for health or armor pickups, or just collect them from hideouts, if they are already available.
- It is always a good idea to have as much health points as possible. That's why the players are encouraged to use the Prostitute Trick to increase Claude's health to 125 points. Write down whether this trick has been performed and mention the quantity of money spent on hiring a hooker in the Notes section of your post.
This supplement was designed to discuss some technical issues of the Chain Game's rules, the Ultimate Starter Edition in particular, and of GTA III overall.
I. Abuse of the Chain Game method
Players are encouraged to understand the basic ethics of the Chain Game. One should only take a turn once the previous player has completed his/her turn and posted the new save. That's the basic idea of the chain: a new link can only be attached as long as the previous one is bound.
II. "Respect Is Everything"
All players should respect each other, no matter what their sex, age, nationality or position within the Chain Game is. New players are to be welcomed warmly, and are not to be harassed if they violated any of the Chain Game's rules - everyone has his first time, and everyone has a chance for mistake. The Chain Game Chief, the High Staff and the Regular Players are to be treated equally. The Chain Game's rules apply to everyone playing - including the Chief himself.
Everyone viciously violating the Chain Game's rules, flaming, hating any Chain Game player or showing intolerance to other players, the High Staff and the Chief will get a disqualification from the Chain Game for a period of time - ranging from one day to one year! During the trial period, this player's turns will be deemed 'invalid' even if they respond to every rule of the Chain Game.
III. Enemy Gangs
Although during the Ultimate Starter Edition no Gang-Hating missions will be completed, players should note that the Colombian Drug Cartel hates Claude right from the beginning of the game - therefore Fort Staunton and Cedar Grove will be dangerous throughout the course of the Ultimate Starter part of the game.
IV. The 'One Named Side Mission Rule'
Below you will find a full list of Named Side Missions:
- "Patriot Playground"
- "A Ride In The Park"
- "Multistorey Mayhem"
- "Mafia Massacre"
- "Diablo Destruction"
- "Casino Calamity"
- "Rumpo Rampage"
It is advised, though, to complete Vigilante, Firefighter and Taxi with as much targets/fires/fares in a row as possible in order to receive larger monetary rewards.
V. Other things to keep in mind
1. Hidden Packages/Rampages/Unique Jumps
Feel free to get any amount of these during your turn, but remember: the 3 hour limit remains. Also, put any rewards received for Hidden Packages/Rampages/Unique Jumps into the Notes section of your post.
All players are allowed to participate in exporting vehicles, and this does not have to be done separately. Players can also help by storing vehicles needed for the lists beforehand when they come across them.
VI. Late Edit
In a situation where a player completed a turn but forgot to mention something he/she did during his/her turn completion, this player is advised to edit that post. After that, the Original Edit Time line should be added at the bottom, showing the time when the turn was originally finished.
Note that you have to mention the Time Zone as well, so that other players won't get confused.
VII. The Version 1.1 Patch issue
All players using the Version 1.1 Patch are allowed to participate alongside the players owning the original Version 1.0 game. Especially considering the fact that during the Ultimate Starter Edition Round no issues will be encountered at all.
There has been a number of issues regarding glitches that happen within the game. Luckily enough, none of them will be encountered within the Ultimate Starter Edition Round.
Mission: Use the mission name as it appears on the screen. Don't use mission descriptions like "that mission where you blow up Diablos".
Player: Use your GTAFourms account name.
Link: The link to your uploaded save file after you've completed your turn.
Completion: Game completion percentage from the STATS menu.
Notes: Rewards for side missions, collections, deliveries and other extra information.
A simple "I'll take a turn" is enough to take a turn, but please, use this posting format for your completed turns. Below you'll find a template that you can copy and paste. Feel free to change the colors to your liking.
- Arsen Vitiuk - GTA III Chain Game Chief (Inactive) [160/7]
- lol232 - GTA III Chain Game Second-In-Command (Inactive) [79/9]
- Th3MaN1 - GTA III Chain Game Assistant Chief (Away) [117/11]
- fireguy109 - GTA III Chain Game Senior Executive (Inactive) [15/1]
- Cida Melo - GTA III Chain Game Veteran Player and a huge fan of Claude Speed and GTA III in the whole! (Inactive) [5/0]
- magneto - GTA III Chain Game Experienced Player (Inactive) [98/1]
- MrMateczko - GTA III Chain Game Experienced Player (Inactive) [64/2]
- miromiro - GTA III Chain Game Skilled Player (Inactive) [23/2]
- Filip454 - GTA III Chain Game Skilled Player (Inactive) [23/5]
- _____ - GTA III Chain Game Skilled Player (Inactive) [20/5]
- Andreaz1 - GTA III Chain Game Skilled Player (Inactive) [15/0]
- GTAKid667 - GTA III Chain Game Skilled Player (Inactive) [13/0]
- Rodrigowski - GTA III Chain Game Player (Inactive) [9/0]
- M.A.K - GTA III Chain Game Player (Inactive) [9/1]
- SatournFan - GTA III Chain Game Player (Inactive) [7/5]
- Dr. John13 - GTA III Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive) [2/0]
- Stahli - GTA III Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive) [2/0]
- TheLostBiker - GTA III Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive) [2/2]
- Kaydee. - GTA III Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive) [1/0]
- zacmobob - GTA III Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive) [1/0]
- RyujinXKaizer - GTA III Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive) [1/0]
- .Lycosa - GTA III Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive) [1/0]
- shoumic - GTA III Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive) [1/1]
- Macavell - GTA III Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive) [1/3]
- dingleman - GTA III Chain Game Player (Retired) [4/2]
The Ultimate Starter Checklist
Percentage complete: 57%
Player who did the missions
Patriot Playground - MrMateczko
A Ride In The Park - MrMateczko
Gripped! - _____
Multistorey Mayhem - lol232
Mafia Massacre - MrMateczko
Diablo Destruction - MrMateczko
Casino Calamity - Kaydee.
Rumpo Rampage - MrMateczko
Hidden Packages: 100/100 - lol232 (1); GTAKid 667 (31); _____ (32); MrMateczko (36)
Unique Jumps: 20/20 - lol232 (1); MrMateczko (19)
Murder 30 Diablos in 120 seconds [M16] - _____
Kill 25 Triads in 120 seconds [UZI] - _____
Kill 20 Triads in 120 seconds [Shotgun] - _____
Kill 20 Mafia in 120 seconds [AK47] - _____
Destroy 13 Vehicles in 120 seconds [Rocket Launcher] - _____
Destroy 10 Vehicles in 120 seconds [Grenades] - _____
Destroy 15 Vehicles in 120 seconds [M16] - lol232
Destroy 8 Vehicles in 120 seconds [Shotgun] - lol232
Explode 25 Yardies in 120 seconds [Grenades] - lol232
Annihilate 30 Yardies in 120 seconds [Rocket Launcher] - lol232
Pop 17 Yardie heads in 120 seconds [Sniper Rifle] - lol232
Burn 25 Yakuza in 120 seconds [Flamethrower] - lol232
Torch 16 Yakuza in 120 seconds [Molotovs] - lol232
Destroy 15 Vehicles in 120 seconds [Rocket Launcher] - lol232
Drive-by and destroy 7 Vehicles in 120 seconds [UZI+Vehicle] - lol232
Run over 20 Colombians in 120 seconds [Vehicle] - lol232
Remove 15 Colombian Heads in 120 seconds [Sniper Rifle] - lol232
Fry 20 Colombians in 120 seconds [Flamethrower] - lol232
Splatter 20 Hoods in 120 seconds [Shotgun] - lol232
Behead 20 Hoods in 120 seconds [M16] - lol232
Paramedic - _____
Taxi: 100/100 - MrMateczko (100)
Portland: 20/20 - MrMateczko (20)
Staunton Island: 20/20 - MrMateczko (20)
Shoreside Vale: 20/20 - MrMateczko (20)
Portland: 20/20 - lol232 (20)
Staunton Island: 20/20 - lol232 (20)
Shoreside Vale: 20/20 - lol232 (20)
Portland Harbor Crane
Ambulance - MrMateczko
Firetruck - MrMateczko
Police - MrMateczko
Enforcer - lol232
FBI Car - MrMateczko
Rhino - lol232
Barracks OL - MrMateczko
Portland Docks Garage
Securicar - MrMateczko
Moonbeam - MrMateczko
Coach - MrMateczko
Flatbed - _____
Linerunner - MrMateczko
Trashmaster - _____
Patriot - MrMateczko
Mr Whoopee - MrMateczko
Blista - MrMateczko
Mule - MrMateczko
Yankee - MrMateczko
Bobcat - MrMateczko
Dodo - MrMateczko
Bus - _____
Rumpo - MrMateczko
Pony - MrMateczko
Pike Creek Import Garage
Sentinel - MrMateczko
Cheetah - MrMateczko
Banshee - MrMateczko
Idaho - MrMateczko
Infernus - MrMateczko
Taxi - MrMateczko
Kuruma - MrMateczko
Stretch - MrMateczko
Perennial - MrMateczko
Stinger - MrMateczko
Manana - MrMateczko
Landstalker - MrMateczko
Stallion - MrMateczko
BF Injection - MrMateczko
Cabbie - MrMateczko
Esperanto - MrMateczko
Patriot Playground in secs: 275 - MrMateczko
A Ride In The Park in secs: 74 - MrMateczko
Gripped! in secs: 239 - _____
Multistorey Mayhem in secs: 84 - lol232
Mafia Massacre: 6 - MrMateczko
Diablo Destruction: 11 - MrMateczko
Casino Calamity: 8 - Kaydee.
Rumpo Rampage: 4 - MrMateczko
Longest Flight in Dodo: 61 - _____
ANY of these records can be improved at any time by any player. Note that improving results for "Patirot Playground", "A Ride In The Park", "Gripped!" and "Multistorey Mayhem" will come at a cost of mission failure.
The following list was made to make players aware of which items are already available at hideouts and which are still not. The unavailable items will have the requirements on how to get them in the brackets next to the item's name.
Police bribes: 6/6
The following list features all unique vehicles encountered in the game. The choice of Unique Vehicles in the Ultimate Starter Edition is fairly limited, and all of the vehicles in the list can be acquired exclusively by glithcing, but still, the GTA III Chain Game players are free to add several of these vehicles to the garages.
- Lightless Taxi
- Lightless Cabbie
- Lightless Borgnine
- Hoods Rumpo XL without graffitis
In Green - acquired vehicles
In Yellow - acquirable vehicles
[P] - in Portland garage
[S] - in Staunton Island garage
[SS] - In Shoreside Vale garage
This is the section for modifications created by the Chain Game players. If you play the GTA III Chain Game, and appear to have a brilliant mod you want to share with other players, send me a Personal Message, and if your mod is good enough, I will add it here so any player can utilize it.
- Weapon enhancements (made by Arsen Vitiuk and lol232)
- Euro 2012 paintjobs (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
- Cool Claude skin (made by lol232)
- Lowered Full-winged Dodo path (made by dingleman)
- PlayStation 2 Ghost Color Scheme (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
- Gang Vehicles Flag Colors (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
- Hooker City (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
- Infinite Clip/No Reload (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 12 February 2013 - 09:00 PM.