Photo

Why is TLAD so boring after

29 replies to this topic
Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

There's nothing much to do besides Gang WARS/Bike races, hang out with your friends, even TBOGT had little more to do. All TLAD was good for was the story IMO

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 20:04)
All TLAD was good for was the story IMO

and multiplayer

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Thats the problem with gta4. Once you finish the story there is 0 interaction with the world which is not fun at all.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

You insult me OP!

But seriously, TLaD has the best singleplayer activities and multiplayer modes.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

The only thing that annoyed me about TLAD was losing the clubhouse as it had cool activities. It's better than TBOGT in gameplay and story IMO.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Peon

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

theres actually no much of a diference between TBOGT and TLAD after you beat the game, except for the repeating mission feature in tbogt (that i almost never used), there almost the same amount of activities (if not the same). and doing gangwars is actually pretty fun, im actually enjoying more TLAD than TBOGT lately.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

I agree with you Story-wise, bt not gameplay-wise. In IV you still had tonnes of stuff to do, eg Stevie and Brucies car thefts (if you hadn't already done them), whereas there nothing really like this in TLAD other than the races (which are random and don't add to the story).

However I still get a lot if fun out if the gameplay, you've got Races, arm-wrestling and other things that weren't so much in IV. smile.gif

They've both got their pros and their cons.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Peon

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Yea lzw3, but taking cars to stevie was probably the laziest feature ever, and the most boring one if you ask me.

Other than that, (and races which were very, but VERY easy) and side activities with your friends (that you got tired of doing them while even still on the story mode), theres actually no much left to do, I remember when i first finished the last mission, I figured that I had no reason to keep playing because i already got 100%, and there wasn't anything FUN to do left, so it felt pretty pointless and i quit the game, and i almost never touched it ever since...

thats the biggest reason of why i think that EFLC is way better than vanilla GTAIV. R* knew the storymode would be way shortler than GTAIV so they added more things to do, which is why i still playing it.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (GúnZinEss @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 04:27)
Yea lzw3, but taking cars to stevie was probably the laziest feature ever, and the most boring one if you ask me.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I rather enjoyed hunting for the cars, and I like the getaways for Brucie's cars. It's fun for me but I respect your opinion. smile.gif

+ Xx--_TheHeist_--xT +
  • + Xx--_TheHeist_--xT +

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Yeah, I had the same exact answer aswell and besides it was just a downloadable content.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

R* knew the storymode would be way shortler than GTAIV so they added more things to do, which is why i still playing it

tbogt is like san andreas, the base jumps and triathlons came in the third iteration (rockstar adding more stuff/activities to that version's engine), which is especially interesting because both of those installments had protagonists that were muscular, able to dance, and heavily melaniated...

ryanhunter_rfc
  • ryanhunter_rfc

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Why do people not use their imagination anymore? Its like they HAVE to be told what to do to have fun...

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (ryanhunter_rfc @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 13:04)
Why do people not use their imagination anymore? Its like they HAVE to be told what to do to have fun...

Agreed. Might aswell let the game play for them.

ryanhunter_rfc
  • ryanhunter_rfc

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 02:22)
QUOTE (ryanhunter_rfc @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 13:04)

Agreed. Might aswell let the game play for them.

Exactly. I have done it with every GTA hence the reason I still play IV, TLAD and TBOGT. I thought everybody played this way. confused.gif

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

TLAD online = dead in PSN

so story was the only good thing, i guess. Everything felt rushed - I completed TLAD so fast - TBOGT is superior in everyway. Vanilla IV is boring too because Niko is a twat, I play it online tho. I mean I like SAN ANDREAS TOO, but I also hate CJ because he's another twat. I ignore that I play as CJ and just play third person wise - I just like stunting with the NRG, etc. I do the same in IV but my PS3 doesn't have enough space to play the game, alright. All I play now is VICE CITY, SAN ANDREAS, ETC. I PLAY OTHER GAMES SOON LIKE COD BUT THE OLDER CODS NOT TODAYS CODS...

ALSO WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?
@NewYorkCityLibertyCity(mor like it than ur real username)
@ryanhunter

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

I think TLAD feels like it has weird cuts in it because it was the first time Rockstar tried to cram a whole GTA experience into 2GB DLC with fewer missions, and a bunch of stuff had to get cut and rearranged. With TBOGT they had the experience of TLAD to know how much content would fit.

LifeWithScissors
  • LifeWithScissors

Veni Vidi Vici

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

TLAD is personally my favorite DLC, but the most annoying thing is that you lose your clubhouse. After that all you got is friend activities and nothing else well other than running away from cops, NOOSE, FIB etc. I had fun while it lasted, but once i got used to running away from them with bikes, i lost most of the interest. Still by storyline TLAD takes the whole cake!

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

TLAD is still the one I play online because in Free Mode there are no annihilators or buzzards. A limited number of players learned how to snipe LCPD annihilator pilots at low altitude and then salvage the annihilator if it wasn't destroyed in the crash landing, but that was rare. the ability to control what classes of aircraft are in MP games is crucial for V's MP.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Totally agree. I completed the other two before this because they looked more exciting. I'm probably around halfway through but I just can't get into it. Totally agree with the no interaction even when missions are still going. Probably the dullest GTA game to date but certainly not the worst GTA game.

r3h4n786
  • r3h4n786

M4dd Dogg

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Yea the multiplayer isnt all thet IMO, TBoGT is appealing due to the extra cars lol, GTA IV obv rules smile.gif

LoreLegend
  • LoreLegend

Kill or be killed

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

This is why I got simple native trainer
It makes things more fun when you completed the game

GTA_TROLL-BOOST
  • GTA_TROLL-BOOST

Troll Brother

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Yeah, I find the Lost and Damned quite boring. The racing and gang wars is probably the best inside of the game. Multiplayer is rubbish on PS3, nobody is on it - apart from Free Mode which is bull and half of the time, I'm not in the mode for FM. The story is pretty fast. Billy comes out of jail, gets his bike back, kills AOD members and later makes a party at the Alderney clubhouse. He ends the peace alliance with the AOD club and Johnny kills them all, then Jason Michaels is killed by Niko Bellic in mission "It's War". Billy gives Johnny a Bohan contact, Elizabeta Torres and Johnny does a few deals for her and Billy. Johnny is later blackmailed by Thomas Stubbs and is forced to do some dirty work for him, he meets the Uptown Riders and later Pegorino crime family capo, Ray Boccino. Johnny is set to do a diamond deal with the Liberty City Jewish Mob and rips Boccino off aswell. Jim and Billy are later murdered. I mean, how fast is that?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 20 February 2013 - 09:24 PM.

QUOTE (GTA_TROLL-BOOST @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 21:48)
Yeah, I find the Lost and Damned quite boring. The racing and gang wars is probably the best inside of the game. Multiplayer is rubbish on PS3, nobody is on it - apart from Free Mode which is bull and half of the time, I'm not in the mode for FM. The story is pretty fast. Billy comes out of jail, gets his bike back, kills AOD members and later makes a party at the Alderney clubhouse. He ends the peace alliance with the AOD club and Johnny kills them all, then Jason Michaels is killed by Niko Bellic in mission "It's War". Billy gives Johnny a Bohan contact, Elizabeta Torres and Johnny does a few deals for her and Billy. Johnny is later blackmailed by Thomas Stubbs and is forced to do some dirty work for him, he meets the Uptown Riders and later Pegorino crime family capo, Ray Boccino. Johnny is set to do a diamond deal with the Liberty City Jewish Mob and rips Boccino off aswell. Jim and Billy are later murdered. I mean, how fast is that?

That's because you played it fast. Do some activities between each mission, learn more about the characters. Multiplayer isn't rubbish, It's not hard to start a Race or a Chopper VS Chopper game. It's better than the multiplayer on XBOX which is separated by different versions. The new hardcore soundtracks, gang wars, more choppers, the biker theme and pretty much everything else in it made it my favorite game.

mad_dog_robinson
  • mad_dog_robinson

Hell Fury Owner

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

i enjoy going to little italy or east holland and pointing guns on gang members then running to a secure location and calling the cops then watch the fire fight smile.gif

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (GTA_TROLL-BOOST @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 20:48)

TBoGT:

You do a few jobs for your boss.
Then a few for mob.
Then a few more for your boss.
Get black mailed.
Final job for your boss.

Game Over.

HOW FAST IS THAT!?!!!

It's all about how you summarize.

Personally, I love TL&D.
Sure TBoGT may have a wider audience.
But those few extra features are accompanied by a poor story.

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

TLAD after it ends is no different than IV or TBoGT. The story lines can be argued about quality, but alot of that simply comes from personal preference. The problem is most people need to be told what to do, told how to play the game, and in a R* sandbox, you will find your experience less enjoyable if you feel that way. Using freedom and a creative imagination, you can make GTA worthy of playing for years, and GTA helps that by allowing the players to have tools that let them accomplish more. It's always been like that, you will ultimately have more fun if you think outside of the box instead of being told how to play the game. "Play the game, instead of the game play you."

TLAD and TBoGT are both amazing DLC's in the regard that they are currently obtainable (both) for about $20, and was $40 before, and still provide far more content than say DLC of CoD. You get new missions, activities, characters, vehicles, weapons. They take basically more GTA's, condense the story, latch them together, and let you get them as cheap add-ons.

asitsaysinthebook
  • asitsaysinthebook

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Agreed. Generally the DLC's tend to not have much more than their stories, but that's what you could expect, yea?

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

Try to be Brown.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Officer Will Troll @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 15:54)
TLAD after it ends is no different than IV or TBoGT. The story lines can be argued about quality, but alot of that simply comes from personal preference. The problem is most people need to be told what to do, told how to play the game, and in a R* sandbox, you will find your experience less enjoyable if you feel that way. Using freedom and a creative imagination, you can make GTA worthy of playing for years, and GTA helps that by allowing the players to have tools that let them accomplish more. It's always been like that, you will ultimately have more fun if you think outside of the box instead of being told how to play the game. "Play the game, instead of the game play you."

TLAD and TBoGT are both amazing DLC's in the regard that they are currently obtainable (both) for about $20, and was $40 before, and still provide far more content than say DLC of CoD. You get new missions, activities, characters, vehicles, weapons. They take basically more GTA's, condense the story, latch them together, and let you get them as cheap add-ons.

Just for the sale of it, give me some examples of things you do?

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 21:50)
TLAD online = dead in PSN

Yeah, I totally agree with you. Nearly everyone is playing Free Mode. Only like 5 people who play disallow are in the Free Mode games. Nobody else is in the other activites unless you invite a friend, so sad.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

^ PC got the same issue. but i kind of like the quiet because its not filled with 10y olds and modders like TBOGT.
---

OP, DLC's are usually like that, the point is the story. and IV and TBOGT isnt that different anyway. IV is pretty much over after you finish the storyline. you can do a few races, roam around the city, kill people and thats it. the fun will vanish after that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users