Photo

Is it Possible?

4 replies to this topic
concretebuffalo
  • concretebuffalo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hello there newb to this but I am wanting to make an entire new map for Vice city pretty much from scratch. I want to recreate a real city and I was wondering if it is possible using this engine also where I would find the tutorials for MEd as I dont seem to be able to find one anywhere. I can put new objects onto the existing map and texturing is not a problem. I want a new road map /buildings. Any help would be appreciated.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Yes, of course it's possible.

Shortly:
-You firstly need to make your 3d model in some 3d modeling software such as Zmodeler or 3DS Max.
-Then, you need to make .dff and .col files.
-After that you need to make .txd, where you will store the textures which are used on your 3D model.

How?
Here is a great tutorial just for that, by Wauzie. Anything that's not clear to you, ask. icon14.gif

(this tutorial is for 3ds max, and I warmly suggest you to get it, because it's way better and more powerful than Zmodeler. Zmod is only better for designing cars.)

AdvanceTrak RSC
  • AdvanceTrak RSC

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (AB0333 @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 18:55)
Yes, of course it's possible.

Shortly:
-You firstly need to make your 3d model in some 3d modeling software such as Zmodeler or 3DS Max.
-Then, you need to make .dff and .col files.
-After that you need to make .txd, where you will store the textures which are used on your 3D model.

How?
Here is a great tutorial just for that, by Wauzie. Anything that's not clear to you, ask. icon14.gif

(this tutorial is for 3ds max, and I warmly suggest you to get it, because it's way better and more powerful than Zmodeler. Zmod is only better for designing cars.)

Thisa guy is a smart lad

concretebuffalo
  • concretebuffalo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Am I think youve got me wrong here you are showing me how to make a model not a new Map entirely from scratch which is what I was after. Putting objects like a box in the example into an existing map is not a problem.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:28 PM Edited by AB0333, 11 February 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Yeah, and you talked about Vice City, and I posted SA-related tut, sorry.

I understand what you're trying to say - you want a completely new map. Fine, you need map cleaner. This tool will completely erase VC map, and you will have a clear space, only sea. And then, you can start adding your own objects - roads, land (boxes too, lol) - make your own map from scratch.

Link for Map Cleaner:

By Mike

or

By Swoorup

Use any you want. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users