Quantcast

» «
Photo

Batman: Arkham Origins

140 replies to this topic
SFPD officer
  • SFPD officer

What do I look like I'm made of? Pudding?

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

So, the Joker's back. Why use other villains from Batman's rich rogue gallery as main villains, when you can always go back to the same, old Joker, who was the primary villain a hundred times already. I know, they haven't said that the Joker will be the main villain, but we know how it goes. Arkham City promised a large role for Hugo Strange, which in ended with two short apperances, reducing him to a mere lackey of the real mastermind and in the end he was killed in a cheap way by that mastermind, who wasn't even the main antagonist. The main antagonist was, big surprise, the Joker. What a waste of a great character.

Oh well. I like that they are embracing the sandbox structure and I hope that there will be much more side-missions to do. AC's side missions were excellent, but I wished there was more of them. What worries me is that AO may again turn into a clusterf*ck of villains without proper focus. We have Black Mask, Penguin, Joker, that's enough already. I expect assassins to not be much more than one-note goons for Batman to fight, but it's worrying to see that Bane might be reduced to an unimportant secondary character again. It has happened to Two-Face or Poison Ivy in AC and it's a real shame to see characters with so much potential to not get the attention they deserve.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:22 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 11 June 2013 - 06:29 PM.

First gameplay! The revamped combat is awesome.
http://www.gametrail...hrough--stream-

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

The game looks great. Though I didn't watch much, because I want to play the game like it is completely new.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

At first gameplay looked a little washed out but in other areas it looks good. Maybe it's just me. I'll be buying this for the PS3 been as I own the other Arkham games on the PS3. The exclusive skins also help. tounge.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:52 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 14 June 2013 - 03:59 PM.

Lots of awesome Batman gameplay

It's kind of weird though. Bruce Wayne should be Batman, not Ezio Auditore tounge2.gif

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

I seriously think it's time for a proper Superman game now confused.gif

Maybe based of Man of Steel?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:29 AM Edited by theomenofficial, 22 June 2013 - 09:42 AM.

FULL GAMEPLAY!
Lol, at 17:08, the guy says "We also have Blackman Arkham Origins coming on Vita.

You will love it when you play it:
Creative director says "people have the right to be cynical," but believes gamers will be convinced when they try the game out.
Batman: Arkham Origins is the first entry in the series developed outside of Rocksteady Studios, leading some to be skeptical about the project.

The creative director at WB Games Montreal, Eric Holmes, acknowledged this skepticism in a new interview, but said gamers will believe in the title once they get to play it.

"I would say that people have the right to be cynical; they have the option to be cynical," Holmes told GameSpot. "Come and play the game at one of these events where we bring the game. And I think as soon as you've got the pad in your hand, you're going to see that this game is authentic and uses the same underpinnings and core mechanics of the previous Arkham games."

Adding value to Arkham Origins, Holmes said, is the game's new tactical features, another facet of the project he believes consumers will be drawn to.

Above all else, though, Holmes said he believes the story in Arkham Origins--which he wouldn't share details about--is the game's main draw.

"And I think we have a great story…I can't tell you too much about…but I can tell you I'm really excited about our story," Holmes said. "I think it's a very important Batman story and I think fans are going to love that probably more than any other thing in the game."

Rocksteady previously said it is confident that WB Games Montreal will make a "fantastic" Batman game in Arkham Origins. Rocksteady is rumored to be at work on a stylized Batman prequel due in 2014 at the earliest.

Batman: Arkham Origins launches October 25 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and Wii U. A 3DS game--Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate--will launch the same day for the 3DS and PlayStation Vita developed by a group of former Metroid Prime developers at Armature Studios.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (SFPD officer @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 10:07)
So, the Joker's back. Why use other villains from Batman's rich rogue gallery as main villains, when you can always go back to the same, old Joker, who was the primary villain a hundred times already. I know, they haven't said that the Joker will be the main villain, but we know how it goes. Arkham City promised a large role for Hugo Strange, which in ended with two short apperances, reducing him to a mere lackey of the real mastermind and in the end he was killed in a cheap way by that mastermind, who wasn't even the main antagonist. The main antagonist was, big surprise, the Joker. What a waste of a great character.

Oh well. I like that they are embracing the sandbox structure and I hope that there will be much more side-missions to do. AC's side missions were excellent, but I wished there was more of them. What worries me is that AO may again turn into a clusterf*ck of villains without proper focus. We have Black Mask, Penguin, Joker, that's enough already. I expect assassins to not be much more than one-note goons for Batman to fight, but it's worrying to see that Bane might be reduced to an unimportant secondary character again. It has happened to Two-Face or Poison Ivy in AC and it's a real shame to see characters with so much potential to not get the attention they deserve.

I'm not too knowledgeable about Batman's gallery of rogues but the Bane (pre-Venom?) in the E3 gameplay seemed to outsmart Batman. So is it the Venom that took away some of his intelligence?

I'm not looking forward to this as much as I was Arkham City, but if they manage to instill some normal street life (people doing their last minute Xmas shopping), police patrols (including cars) etc, then it will be more than AC in a larger map. I like that the ceiling height has been increased, hopefully that giant 'Eiffel Tower' like structure from AC is accessible in normal freeroam, as that was huge.

Hopefully this game doesn't undo all the goodwill created by Rocksteady & that the game isn't just an Assassin's Creed style (just for the money) sequel & that Batman goes out in style this gen.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 10:29)
FULL GAMEPLAY!
Lol, at 17:08, the guy says "We also have Blackman Arkham Origins coming on Vita.

Yeah he means Blackgate. tounge.gif

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 06:30)
QUOTE (badboy_zay @ Monday, May 20 2013, 20:27)
QUOTE (Bobbin100 @ Monday, May 20 2013, 21:06)
QUOTE (Itachi Uchiha @ Monday, May 20 2013, 14:03)
Roger Craig Smith? but Kevin Conroy  will voice batman

http://m.joystiq.com...-batman-troy-b/

Edit: game informer issue, 2 months ago stated that kevin conroy won't return as batman. It would be someone else.

However, kevin conroy did say a few days ago, that he will be in game. But, he didn't say that he will voice batman

HO!
http://batman-news.c...-origins-video/

http://i0.wp.com/bat...ArkhamTweet.jpg

HO HO.
xmas.gif

So this means the next Arkham game on the next gen consoles? colgate.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:24 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 24 June 2013 - 02:27 AM.

I think that's pretty much a guarantee considering Arkham Origins is on next gen consoles.

Nevermind, I'm not sure now. I'm confused. At first I thought it was, and then thought it wasn't, and then it was, and now, I don't know.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

Arkham Origins is current gen only. It seems to me it's to fill the void while Rocksteady are working on the next gen Batman game.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

Yeah, regardless of whether or not Origins is on next gen consoles, Arkham 3 (or 4 or whatever) is undoubtedly going to be on X1 and PS4.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

The image shows that the pack includes:
- a holographic collector’s box
- unique 3D metal game pack
- an Art of Batman Arkham Origins book
- a gorgeous 23cm tall Batman/Joker figure
- and two codes for ‘exclusive’ DLC.

user posted image

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 18:39)

user posted image

ManDog checks the date of when Batman Arkham Origins is released

ManDog then checks the date of his birthday

MUST PRE-ORDER IT!

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 17:39)

user posted image

If only i could afford it....*sigh* sad.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

No-one excited about Copperhead?
Anyway, the Mad Hatter is back!
user posted image

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

MULTIPLAYER TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Looks interesting. But I fear they've just tacked it on, "because all games need multiplayer".

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

Firefly trailer.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

By the way, the PC version won't be using GFWL. It will be a Steamworks game.

I say

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

This game will be so awesome, only 2 days to go.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

Having just recently completed Arkham city - this feels pretty similar. But it was an awesome game so I'm stoked. I like the new voice, too - he sounds like the voice we know and love, just younger. Groovy.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

43aa62c537.png

All aboard the final countdown hype train!

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

MY BODY IS READY!!!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:49 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 26 October 2013 - 07:54 AM.

Been playing it for a few hours.

Let me start by saying that Arkham Asylum and Arkham City both are absolutely feels like it was made by people who know and love the character of Batman, it shows in products that anyone who loves Batman would completely enjoy from beginning to end.  That said, this feels like it was made by people who just want to replicate that experience, but don't have the love of the character.  Just so far.  I feared I wouldn't really like the story, because they didn't hire a person who has worked as extensively with the character as Paul Dini, instead they used the guys that wrote Assassin's Creed.

In conclusion, three hours in, I am not impressed.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:18 AM Edited by Fireman, 26 October 2013 - 08:18 AM.

Well for a studio that's mainly known for porting one batman game too another console, I guess that's still quite impressive.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:57 PM Edited by The Yokel, 27 October 2013 - 08:00 PM.

Apparently the PC version has about a million bugs and glitches at the moment. Glad I didn't pre-order it. Are the developers ever going to realize that they can't fight piracy if they don't treat all of their customers with equal amount of respect? How come it's the PC version that always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to bugs and performance? If you want people to give you money for your product, show some f*ckin' respect and make something that actually works the way it's advertised.

These assholes think that people who are willing to spend $1500 on a gaming PC wouldn't spend $50 for a game they really want to play? Sure they would. The only problem is, when you buy a PC game you don't have a f*ckin' clue what kind of mess you're getting, and you can't get a refund. Why do people still pre-order games on PC anyway? It's all digital now. It's not going anywhere and you don't have to stand in a line.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users