Batman: Arkham Origins

140 replies to this topic
d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

B..but... Conroy is Batman...

Ah well, as long as whoever replaces him sounds similar, the game has a good, dark story and it makes you feel like Batman with solid gameplay; take my money.

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

GTAF are a joke now...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

I don't understand why his gear in this one looks more advanced than the gear in the other games when this is happening before them.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

The gear isn't more advanced really. It's bulkier. This suggests that over time, his new gear got smaller enabling more maneuverability without sacrificing strength and protection.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

New screenshots

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

Not really a fan of the baggy batsuit (even though he is an inexperienced batman), but i know the game will be amazing.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

I really need to see gameplay of this to put my mind to rest. What we have seen/heard so far seems great though.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Monday, May 13 2013, 03:55)
I really need to see gameplay of this to put my mind to rest. What we have seen/heard so far seems great though.

If you already play the 2 arkham series you'll know that this game will also be great just like the two. And I think the gameplay will be the same but I'm sure they will add something and they'll improve it..

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 11:17)
QUOTE (wwinterj @ Monday, May 13 2013, 03:55)

If you already play the 2 arkham series you'll know that this game will also be great just like the two. And I think the gameplay will be the same but I'm sure they will add something and they'll improve it..

the different thing is, it being made by another studio. I'm not saying that Warner Bros makes bad games, but there is a chance the quality won't be as good as the previous games.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

I just got into the series this week and holy crap, I had a nerdgasm. Definitely looking forward to this.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

First teaser!

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

full trailer comes out may 20th. might possibly be at xbox event?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Always love Deathstroke vs Batman.

Itachi Uchiha
  • Itachi Uchiha

Let's Rock

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

The Legendary kevin conroy returns to voice Batman! http://www.arkhamver...llas-comic-con/

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

That's great if it's true. Sure I'm willing to accept other "Bat-voices", but like d0mm2k8 said, He IS Batman.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 17:10)
That's great if it's true. Sure I'm willing to accept other "Bat-voices", but like d0mm2k8 said, He IS Batman.

Well it makes sense if he's supposed to be younger.
A younger sounding voice actor would fit.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 19:35)
Always love Deathstroke vs Batman.

Then you'll love this:
http://www.gonintend...story&id=202967
I'm waiting to see what ShopTo offer if anything at all in the UK been as they have the cheaper price. Amazon in the UK have this game for £45 and I'm not paying the £5 price hike.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:57 AM Edited by Waldie, 20 May 2013 - 11:02 AM.

*removed

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

inlove.gif

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

icon14.gif CGI looks awesome.

Also News just in.......Roger Craig Smith will voice Batman and Troy Baker will voice The Joker.

Itachi Uchiha
  • Itachi Uchiha

Let's Rock

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Roger Craig Smith? but Kevin Conroy will voice batman

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:06 PM Edited by Bobbin100, 20 May 2013 - 02:11 PM.

QUOTE (Itachi Uchiha @ Monday, May 20 2013, 14:03)
Roger Craig Smith? but Kevin Conroy  will voice batman

http://m.joystiq.com...-batman-troy-b/

Edit: game informer issue, 2 months ago stated that kevin conroy won't return as batman. It would be someone else.

However, kevin conroy did say a few days ago, that he will be in game. But, he didn't say that he will voice batman

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 20 May 2013 - 03:10 PM.

http://images.vg247....ins-box-art.jpg

So many new details!
http://m.neogaf.com/...ad.php?t=559926

A slew of new Batman: Arkham Origins previews have gone live today. Some information is a rehash of already-known details from the initial Game Informer cover story, but there’s some new information as well.

We’ve rounded up new and old tidbits from IGN’s preview below.

- Begins on Christmas Eve
- Joker’s “present” is a series of explosives tied to a nearby building
- Batman is disarmed and stunned by Bane, so he can only watch as Joker detonates his trap
- Batman is more primal and vicious in this game
- Fighting style is raw and undefined
- Enemies are younger and more vibrant
- Batman’s armor style comes closer to what is shown in Christopher Nolan’s films than anything in previous games
- Black Mask hires eight assassins to kill Batman
- Deathstroke and Deadshot are among those hired
- Police, led by Commissioner Loeb, will pursue Batman and attempt to detain him
- Grappling, gliding, perching atop gargoyles, ambushing thugs, and maneuvering around Gotham works as it always has
- Combat system is back in full force
- Tracking system helps players assess the efficiency of their combat
- This is entirely informational
- Experience points flow into a branching upgrade system
- Gain points by chaining hits into lengthy combos
- New enemy types including the martial artist thug
- This enemy type requires back-and-forth combos until the criminal makes a mistake
- Side quests are back in a significant way, both through a radio scanner that helps track criminal activity, and a ‘Most Wanted System’
- Most Wanted System: hunt villains like Anarchy, who have stories and motivations that are separate from the main Black Mask thread
- Warner Bros. not saying how significant Joker’s role is
- Detective Mode concept is back
- It can now be used to track observations and discoveries, allowing players to ‘scrub through’ a crime as it occurred in the past, discovering where more evidence might be
- When an assassin’s bullet disables a police helicopter causing it to crash, Batman is able to deduce that a nearby SWAT sniper wasn’t responsible – tracing the source of the bullet to what was likely Deadshot
- By scrubbing through different evidence in different places, Batman assembles the truth piece by piece, allowing him to move to his next target
- Fast-travel system
- Remote Claw: attach to two points or enemies and pull them together

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Bobbin100 @ Monday, May 20 2013, 14:06)

Edit: game informer issue, 2 months ago stated that kevin conroy won't return as batman. It would be someone else.

However, kevin conroy did say a few days ago, that he will be in game. But, he didn't say that he will voice batman

He was voicing someone for almost a year, though. It's definitely a main character.

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Joker looks more crazier than ever!

user posted image

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

I have to admit the more I see of this game the more I like it. I just hope to see gameplay as E3 to put my mind at rest. This game comes out on my Birthday also so that's a plus. colgate.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Batman: Arkham Origins’ creative director Eric Holmes doesn’t believe “the Arkham franchise is a lot of stuff done 'okay.' It’s about certain things done to a great level of quality.” As such, Holmes’ team at Warner Bros. Montreal isn’t phoning in their Arkham Asylum prequel. “We went through a bunch of ideas,” he tells IGN, “and we picked a small number of the best ones that we felt would give the game its own identity, give it a meaning to exist.”

To that end, tweaks to Batman’s personal progression and combat systems were not made lightly – and anything that didn’t make Warner’s demanding grade was cut without prejudice.

“We had a weather system that was dynamic in the city,” says Holmes. Gotham City’s snowy Christmas Eve isn’t the aggressive visual obstacle it once was. Breezy weather could escalate into low-visibility, leaving marksmen completely vulnerable to Batman’s stealth. “That’s something we tried and we didn’t go ahead with because it didn’t seem up to Arkham quality when we executed on it,” Holmes says. “We didn’t think that we would be able to pull it off with great quality in the time we had for it. So the best thing to do, rather than ship a half-done feature, is to pull it.”

On the other hand, Warner’s adjusted combat system, influenced by previous games’ challenge rooms, is an example of a new idea that’s paying dividends. As Holmes explains it, brawls end with ratings that dictate the experience points you earn, while the moment-to-moment action constantly explains how you achieved your given grade with visual feedback. “Did you use a gadget? Did you do a takedown? Did you do a big combo? Did you not get hit?” are all factors in helping players gain “that sense of mastery” over Arkham Origins’ familiar free-flow combat.

"New Gotham looks a lot more vertical."

This XP system – which rewards skilled fighters without punishing poorer ones – feeds into Batman’s personal progression, naturally. “It’s more of a Borderlands tree-type structure,” Holmes says of Origins. “If you want to be really good at one thing, you can tunnel your way through the upgrade system and get to that. If you want to ignore one area, you don’t have to go there. It’s got a bit more of a hierarchy and building towards that mastery.” Completionists as well as perfectionists will find themselves earning huge – taking down the “Most Wanted” DC villains unlocks improvements, too, but Holmes isn’t specifying what, precisely, Batman earns for putting Anarky on ice.

The other major change in Arkham Origins is its open-world, now larger and taller than either Asylum or City. “In Origins, one thing you’ll notice is that the south island, [New Gotham], has much taller structures” than the northern Gotham island. “It has catwalks between the buildings, and pipes and cables…The city looks a lot more vertical,” Holmes explains. What excites him most is that the grapple-glide-grapple-glide rhythm of exploration gives players “a new way to express themselves in that space…It’s a very organic experience, to try and figure out what size that should be.” Holmes makes no apologies to those who miss the smaller scale of Arkham Asylum – Origins is absolutely bigger and broader than Arkham City.

Holmes and Warner still aren't speaking much about Arkham Origins' multiplayer, but it'll be interesting to see how the cut-the-fat philosophy applies to the competitive side of Batman's new beginnings.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (Bobbin100 @ Monday, May 20 2013, 21:06)

HO!
http://batman-news.c...-origins-video/

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

I just started playing the first 2, and i love em! Will for sure be getting this one.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (badboy_zay @ Monday, May 20 2013, 20:27)
QUOTE (Bobbin100 @ Monday, May 20 2013, 21:06)

HO!
http://batman-news.c...-origins-video/

http://i0.wp.com/bat...ArkhamTweet.jpg

HO HO.
xmas.gif

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

The new trailer really looks interesting.. even though it's not from Rocksteady I feel that it will be a great game.
I just hope that the PC version will be without that GFWL crap. I still didn't play Arkham City through because GFWL was always causing problems and deleting my savegame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users