• United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

http://www.gtaforums...Batman arkham 3

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

So is this basically a lazy excuse to bring back The Joker ? Gonna have to see more juicy details before I make a final judgement.

I do hope they take their time with the true sequel though. There's still so many plot points that needs to be wrapped up.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

More Batman is always good news. I'm excited. I just hope that these guys can deliver a good game. And I'm surprised that Rocksteady isn't developing this. Maybe they're working on Arkham City sequel?

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 19:08)
So is this basically a lazy excuse to bring back The Joker ? Gonna have to see more juicy details before I make a final judgement.

I do hope they take their time with the true sequel though. There's still so many plot points that needs to be wrapped up.

Well, it's not confirmed that The Joker is even in Arkham Origins.
He could have no relevance to the whole "Kill the Bat" thing - it could be just a whole other group planning to do so.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Sorry, but if Rocksteady is not involved i'm not interested .

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

No Rocksteady? It better be as good as the other two...

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (NikoBellic1993 @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 20:20)
Sorry, but if Rocksteady is not involved i'm not interested .

My sentiments exactly, although I'm not one to write off games straight away so I'll wait until I see some gameplay footage.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

Just saw the Arkham Origins preview screens. All I can say is...

DEATHSTROKE!!!

Okay, so it says in the GameInformer video that there will be assassins going after Batman. Deathstroke, already shown and confirmed. My guesses on other assassin characters, Ra's al Ghul/Talia al Ghul/the League of Assassins first and foremost. Then you can maybe put in Bane, but three games in a row, they better not have the same old fight. Deadshot could be one, but like with the others, it's just not fun to have the same characters again. Red Hood, although not really an assassin, would be cool to have chasing Batman, and eventually allying with him.

The ultimate assassin(s) they could have that I want are the Court of Owls' Talons. Say what you will about the New 52, but Scott Snyder hit a home run with the Court of Owls.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

looks like it will have a 2.5D version for handheld and mobile as well

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

I don't like the look of this. It's a prequal not made by rocksteady but rocksteady are also making a prequal. What e he'll is going on?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Wednesday, Apr 10 2013, 15:13)
Just saw the Arkham Origins preview screens. All I can say is...

DEATHSTROKE!!!

Okay, so it says in the GameInformer video that there will be assassins going after Batman. Deathstroke, already shown and confirmed. My guesses on other assassin characters, Ra's al Ghul/Talia al Ghul/the League of Assassins first and foremost. Then you can maybe put in Bane, but three games in a row, they better not have the same old fight. Deadshot could be one, but like with the others, it's just not fun to have the same characters again. Red Hood, although not really an assassin, would be cool to have chasing Batman, and eventually allying with him.

The ultimate assassin(s) they could have that I want are the Court of Owls' Talons. Say what you will about the New 52, but Scott Snyder hit a home run with the Court of Owls.

Ah yes Talia. After an impressive show-up in Arkham City, I was pretty disappointed when she died. Love to see more of her.

I thought more about this game and I figured this game is just to build up more plot for the true sequel. Revisiting old characters and exploring deeper into the Arkham games plot, I don't mind that at all. In fact I wouldn't mind if the free-roaming aspect was taken out just for the sake of the story.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

Man, this fall is going to make me bankrupt. GTA, ACIV, BF4, and now this.

Anyway, the descriptions of this game sound amazing. And it sounds like Rocksteady are still making a sequel. Arkham Origins sounds like it's set pretty early in his "career", so maybe the Red Hood will appear. But not the current Red Hood, but the original Red Hood, when we see him turn into the Joker. Opening up Gotham and keeping those Arkham City areas is pretty much what I hoped for in a new game. I wonder if we'll be getting to make a trip back to Arkham Island, not as in depth of course, but at least the exterior of the first game. I can't wait, this sounds like we're going to get into the nitty gritty of Batman, patrolling the city, taking out criminals, and hopefully leaving them on the roof of GCPD for Jim Gordon to find.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

So they're going for the Batman: Year One grittiness?

Me likey. Year One was a fantastic read, I highly recommend it. And I see Alberto Falcone is in the game as well. Man if they're doing The Long Halloween storyline, that would indeed blow my mind away. Just imagine Two-Face before he was Two-Face and just Harvey Dent playing in the story.

I'm excited for this game just for the story.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

Visuals look really great. colgate.gif

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Can't wait for this game!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:06 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 21 April 2013 - 04:09 AM.

This link has a leaked image of promotional material for the game and possible confirmation of some villains. Deadshot is clear, possibly Bane and KGBeast are not so clear. Although if it IS Bane, it looks like they're using a mask similar to the Dark Knight Rises mask. I don't really like it. The other one speculated is Solomon Grundy, but I don't see it, and I don't think they'd use him twice.

http://www.theouthou...s-villains.html

tomi19
  • tomi19

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:24 PM Edited by tomi19, 21 April 2013 - 02:26 PM.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 01:06)
This link has a leaked image of promotional material for the game and possible confirmation of some villains. Deadshot is clear, possibly Bane and KGBeast are not so clear. Although if it IS Bane, it looks like they're using a mask similar to the Dark Knight Rises mask.  I don't really like it.  The other one speculated is Solomon Grundy, but I don't see it, and I don't think they'd use him twice.

http://www.theouthou...s-villains.html

I think that's Killer Croc, not Solomon Grundy.

Here's a good video about the leaked villains for those who want to see it.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

I don't think it's Croc. They look too human. Although looking at the picture, he has a scaly looking head. My guess though, since you don't have a good view of his face, is that he's just a random henchman.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Anyone else think this game is gonna suck?

Looks like WB is trying to milk the franchise. The map is bigger, so what? Give me the f*cking Batmobile. Let me actually drive the Batwing! Gameplay wise, looks like Arkham Origins brings nothing new to the table. No vehicles, no buy.

At this point, I'd prefer a Superman or JLA game.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Batman doesn't really drive the Batmobile very often. Out of 5 Batman centric monthly comics, he probably drives his vehicles one or two times a year. Batman's vehicles are really only to get from point A to point B as fast and safely as possible. He usually gets around the way you get around in Arkham City. Rooftop to rooftop. But if he ever needs to get across town fast, he'll call in a vehicle, much like what is described in the previews of this game. I think putting vehicles would be gimmicky.

There have been a couple Superman games, they suck horribly and are considered some of the worst games ever.

sandman2020
  • sandman2020

GTAForums Crew

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

It looks promising to me although I'm a little apprehensive with it not being made by Rocksteady, after playing the last two Arkham games I don't think I will be able to give this a miss, I've never read the comics or the books but I've really enjoyed learning about the Batman world in the previous two games, I just hope they don't start milking the series too much and release a new game every year. Probaly the last game I will buy on this gen.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 20:12)
Batman doesn't really drive the Batmobile very often. Out of 5 Batman centric monthly comics, he probably drives his vehicles one or two times a year. Batman's vehicles are really only to get from point A to point B as fast and safely as possible. He usually gets around the way you get around in Arkham City. Rooftop to rooftop. But if he ever needs to get across town fast, he'll call in a vehicle, much like what is described in the previews of this game. I think putting vehicles would be gimmicky.

There have been a couple Superman games, they suck horribly and are considered some of the worst games ever.

You wouldn't want to drive around in the Batmobile or the Batwing in a Gotham City actually filled with vehicles and pedestrians? Sounds wicked fun to me, like the vigilante missions from GTA IV: you access the Bat computer and respond to crimes, some of which unlock side missions/quests that require further investigation/detective work.

If you don't dig the vehicles idea, where else is there for this franchise to go, gameplay-wise?

Oh, and as for a Superman game, the fact they've sucked in the past is irrelevant. Before Arkham, all Batman games pretty much sucked as well. If anything, this is all the more reason why there needs to be a good Superman game set in a fully realized Metropolis.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 15:00)
QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 20:12)
Batman doesn't really drive the Batmobile very often.  Out of 5 Batman centric monthly comics, he probably drives his vehicles one or two times a year.  Batman's vehicles are really only to get from point A to point B as fast and safely as possible.  He usually gets around the way you get around in Arkham City.  Rooftop to rooftop.  But if he ever needs to get across town fast, he'll call in a vehicle, much like what is described in the previews of this game.  I think putting vehicles would be gimmicky.

You wouldn't want to drive around in the Batmobile or the Batwing in a Gotham City actually filled with vehicles and pedestrians? Sounds wicked fun to me, like the vigilante missions from GTA IV: you access the Bat computer and respond to crimes, some of which unlock side missions/quests that require further investigation/detective work.

If you don't dig the vehicles idea, where else is there for this franchise to go, gameplay-wise?

Oh, and as for a Superman game, the fact they've sucked in the past is irrelevant. Before Arkham, all Batman games pretty much sucked as well. If anything, this is all the more reason why there needs to be a good Superman game set in a fully realized Metropolis.

I wouldn't care much for driving around gotham GTA style, because that's not what Batman is about. He doesn't just cruise around town in a rocket powered car looking for criminals. That's a good way to attract attention, and especially at the time the game is set, police attention is not what he wants. It's not a core element of what makes a Batman story. They've handled the vehicles perfectly in the games so far, as cutscenes.

As for where the franchise can change. Do they need to? Arkham City was great, and it wasn't very different from Arkham Asylum. If they make the same changes, bigger map, more side missions, new gadgets. And they've already confirmed that there will be random crimes to thwart. I'm sure they're aware of how to make the game new, but not "fix what isn't broken".

And older Batman games are not close to as bad as Superman games. Batman Vengeance and Batman Begins were good to mediocre at worst. While Superman 64 is quite often listed as the worst game ever made, and Superman Returns wasn't as bad, but it was far from good. Superman is a tainted franchise when it comes to video games.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

I heard about that.

I love Conroy's Batman. It's the perfect mixture of badass and nice guy. I hear it in my mind every time I read Batman comics. But it's not like there hasn't been other good portrayals of Batman in the past five or so years that haven't been good. As long as they don't do a growly Christian Bale voice, I'll be okay with whatever. It's definitely not a Splinter Cell and Michael Ironside situation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users