Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Batman Ashes of Gotham would suit the future title, or Arkham World (name given by Joker on character of the year)

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Interesting. All of the ones starting with Batman are possible titles and the ones below are probably fictional campaign websites similar to when R* made sites for GTA

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

I've yet to play the first two, and I haven't seen any of the DARK KNIGHT movies either. I think I'm missing out.

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 00:58)
I've yet to play the first two, and I haven't seen any of the DARK KNIGHT movies either. I think I'm missing out.

You are seriously missing out on one of the best movie trilogy after TLOTR. And the two Arkham Games are so f*cking awesome. Though I have yet to play AC properly, I just played it on my cousin's PC.

I hope they make the next game even bigger. I would love it if it was set in the whole Gotham City, not just AC.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I was speaking to a new-found friend didn't just meet them although, known them for a while and he happens to be a nerd on this stuff. In Drama today while others were practicing for one of the shows we were talking. He was telling me about easter eggs in both games that I didn't know about. I barely remember some of the stuff he told me because a couple of other friends were speaking with me as well on a bunch of different topics. Anyway one of them was: Rocksteady Studios said this was a graphics glitch where there were what looks like two portals somewhere in *one of the games, I can't recall which* and when you look down into each you can't see your reflection, but instead two different cities. The other one was there was some sort of easter egg in what I think was Harley Quinn's Revenge? He was talking about that a lot. And--

OH JUST REMEMBERED! He said that in one of the places (Somehow related to Arkham) had several arrows around it pointing out the door. There was one -- however -- that was not flashing or turned on like the others. It was also pointing to something (blah blah blah, he said something about how it refrences World) meaning Arkham World.

Something about the review tapes and other characters who are hinted to be in the game and something about No Man's Land as well as something in comics. (No Man's Land I think it was called was only in comics) he said that in the comics it was abandoned for nearly a year. I will talk to him more about it if any of you want me to. I could jot down what he says and post it here.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Interesting...

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

I don't care what it's called, I just want to play it!

I'm sad Paul Dini wont be writing it or is rumored not to be writing it, but I've recently gotten back into Batman comics, and I think there is plenty of talent out there to give us a good story. Greg Capullo and Scott Snyder are doing some awesome stuff with "Death of the Family". Which segues into this, I really hope that Joker comes back, but if not, I've read a few issues of the Batman arch "Night of Owls", and think including the Court of Owls would be cool.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 15:23)
I don't care what it's called, I just want to play it!

I'm sad Paul Dini wont be writing it or is rumored not to be writing it, but I've recently gotten back into Batman comics, and I think there is plenty of talent out there to give us a good story. Greg Capullo and Scott Snyder are doing some awesome stuff with "Death of the Family". Which segues into this, I really hope that Joker comes back, but if not, I've read a few issues of the Batman arch "Night of Owls", and think including the Court of Owls would be cool.

How about expanding on that side quest for the Protector of Gotham. Man, that sh*t had me hooked. I would kill for Azrael to be prominent in the next game. His whole side quest was the best in Arkham City. It was also the shortest but what it introduced was mind blowing.

f*ck, the next game could be just on that alone and with more of Harley. I say keep the Joker dead but have all these impersonators popping up ala Batman impersonators in The Dark Knight. We should also get Killer Croc again. I felt his part in Arkham Asylum was a little bit of a let down. Or perhaps, I didn't unlock the full scope of it.

Damn it, now I have to go play Arkham Asylum again.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

There's still a couple of loose ends that need to be tied:

- Killer Croc is seen briefly in the sewers.

- Hidden messages using the decoder. Hinting at Scarecrow returning?

Do the numbers representing letters as normal to get this : ctzrzpxakdxicheblrfpgkcjqemduh

Decode that set of letters with a Atbash Cipher and get this :xgaiakczpwcrxsvyoiuktpxqjvnwfs

Than it gets intresting, decode the result with a vigenere cipher using the key : scarecrow

and get the result : fearwillteargothamcitytoshreds

More Scarecrow.
user posted image

And Harley Quinn preggers.
user posted image

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Yeah I noticed the pregnancy test in my last play through about a month ago. Still haven't played HQR so don't know if it's mentioned.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

My friend also mentioned to me that there is something in Harley Quinn's Revenge. (Posters for some sort of company which does cloning) and several other easter eggs. He told me that he thinks that is hinting at Harley CLONING another child, not actually having one.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

They definitely need to bring Scarecrow back, his sections were some of the best in AA. I also hope they make the world more interesting like AA. I don't know why, but I feel it had more charm than AC, both with the environment and the storyline coupled with it. It felt so engrossing being trapped on this island and doing whatever you could to stop the bad guys, AC in comparison felt a bit dull in that sense, everyone kind of just hung out in their respective areas until Batman felt like giving them an asskicking.

Don't get me wrong I loved AC, I just feel it lacked some of the charm of its predecessor.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

I know Mark Hamill said Arkham City was his last but I noticed something in the last cutscene.

Major spoilers, by the way.

When Batman throws the sword at the machine, the cure was in his left hand. When he wakes up, the cure was in his right hand. Clayface could've gotten out of the pit, turned into the sick Joker, then gave the real Joker part of the cure.

ITSBRUCIEBABY
  • ITSBRUCIEBABY

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Rocksteady Studios changed the way how people looked at Batman in the gaming industry, This is yet another blockbuster.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 04:08)
There's still a couple of loose ends that need to be tied:

You forgot Hush, after all the surgeries he made on himself he now looks like Bruce Wayne.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

^ Funny story, I was contemplating putting that up. I didn't think much of it because he was there, then he wasn't.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

I love that stuff, like Hush, and Croc's cameos. It really makes it feel like the comics in a way. In comics there's usually a story arch of six or seven issues, and at least once in that story arch, there is a nod to things happening in other comics, and since Batman has three comics dedicated specifically to him, it's usually a nod to something that he's doing in another book. So say this game was Detective Comics (Batman's first book), and Batman's in Arkham City, runs into Hush, and says, "I'll deal with him later." A lot of the time that later is maybe a couple weeks or a month later in an issue of Batman or Dark Knight.

That's why I think it would be amazing if they did DLC right in Arkham 3. As in have these hints and scenes with other characters and stories that don't get resolved in the main story, but then have full fledged DLC involving those side stories. Because Croc isn't a criminal genius, you're not going to take long to figure out his plan to eat a bunch of people at a bank and then steal the money. It would be a perfect size for a DLC just a couple hours, and a couple new environments. Basically it's what I hoped when I heard there was DLC for Arkham City. Which they did it right with Catwoman, but then seemed to give up with Robin and Nightwing, until Harley Quinn's revenge.

Colonel_Buttfuck
  • Colonel_Buttfuck

Destroyer Of Worlds

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

DO NOT READ THIS DARN SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED ARKHAM CITY!!!

Gotham without --------Joker-------- just won't feel the same.

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Colonel_Buttf*ck @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 00:57)
DO NOT READ THIS DARN SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED ARKHAM CITY!!!

Gotham without --------Joker-------- just won't feel the same.

Maybe Batman has to fight Harley and her "Joker" son. Would make the story interesting...

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

It's a couple days old, but...

Batman Arkham 3 confirmed for 2013 release

Still no news on any details about the game, and whether Rocksteady is developing it, or another Batman game, but we're definitely getting a new Batman game this year. Right now I'm more into Batman than I've ever been, so I really have high hopes for a new Arkham game, or this supposed prequel that takes place in the Silver age, or if it's somehow both of those in one.

BUT, I am kind of concerned with the rumor that non-Gotham DC characters are going to make an appearance. Which means we'll probably see Superman or Wonder Woman, or someone that could easily stop whatever trouble is brewing in Gotham, but they wont because they have bigger fish to fry, which would diminish the severity of whatever is happening to Batman, and just feel overall tacky. I'd rather stick to Batman Inc. I want to see Red Hood (Jason Todd), and the various incarnations of Robin, maybe even Damian Wayne. Maybe even Batgirl (yeah, Oracle is paralyzed and is Barbara Gordon, and Barbara Gordon is Batgirl, but in the comics she recovers and comes back in a big way, so why not in the games?). My point is, there is a whole world of Batman that still hasn't been explored, and they're already wanting to bring in the Justice League.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'm going for Batman: Arkham Legend

Seems the most appropiate, or Arkham Arises (but that has two A's, so that won't work.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

Finally finished Azazel's/Mysterious stranger's side mission who warns Batman of something much bigger on the horizon. I think they had a sequel to the sequel planned all along.

Quite a productive few years for Batman thus far.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 20:34)
or this supposed prequel that takes place in the Silver age,

I really do hope that this isn't true. The Silver age is definitely the worst age by far for Batman. The lack of the brooding, dark and disturbed Batman compared to the other ages, as well as the overall campy tone of S-age Batman just ruins what the character is all about. I'm pretty sure that the Arkham games are based in an alternate version of the Modern/Copper age (1985-2011) Batman which deviates some time before the events of Batman: Hush and has a few changes such as Batman not meeting Hugo Strange in his early years and Azrael not being The Dark Knight's replacement during the Knightfall story-arc for obvious reasons.

These changes also lead me to believe that characters such as Damian Wayne and Red Hood Jason Todd won't appear though I'm pretty sure they were 'born' before the events of the Arkham story (which is possibly necessary due to Talia being directly involved in the creation of both).

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

To me, New Arkham sounds logical after what happened in the last game.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

Batman Arkham Origins!

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Again, I hope it's not a prequel. There's no need for a gorram prequel. Everything in Arkham City geared towards the next one being a sequel; Batman's mental well-being at the end, Hush, Azrael, Robin + Nightwing playable in the DLCs.

We need an epic-scope sequel, not an excuse to bring the Joker back to life.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Yeah. I love the Joker as much as anyone (see my signature), but there are some great villains that could be used. Hell, They didn't really need Joker for Arkham City, he was just the cherry on top of Hugo Strange's cake And Ra's al Ghul's icing. And once again, I'm not too keen on seeing the Justice League in Batman stories, with rare exceptions (The Dark Knight Returns). Like I said, there's a whole world of Batman and Gotham City that's prime for this series to include, yet I get the feeling they want to stick with the Joker, and skip all of the Gotham stuff and go straight to the Justice League.

I'd just love to just see an epic comic book style cross-over story arc, where there is a definite focus on one character (Batman), and we assume the roles of other characters (Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman) for side stories.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if there were two games in development, a current gen game this year, and a next gen game next year.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

I would be very cool for a new Arkham game to be made, but I always wonder where it would go from Arkham City.. as Joker died, people say he'd be cloned but that would just be stupid, and Harley's no longer having a baby so, there's no way that Joker would live again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users