Photo

Anyone else not enoy this game?

7 replies to this topic
MurdocisGod1990
  • MurdocisGod1990

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

I got III from the PSN store as I have missed out on the glory days of the PS2 GTA era. Maybe its just because I've been spoiled by GTA IV and San Andreas but GTA III is very disappointing to me, no map on the pause menu, Ammu-nation doesn't show up on the mini map outside of missions making it really annoying to get guns, some missions don't explain what your suppose to do clearly, and Claude doesn't speak(which really isn't a complaint) I'm just not enjoying this game, I got to the 2nd island as the portland missions were relatively easy but the missions I'm on now I can't beat because I find them very frustrating. Anyway, kinda hate myself for not liking it because I LOVE this series... confused.gif

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

What mission do you have problems with? Anyway, don't worry about that you don't like this game, everyone has referent likes. wink.gif

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

I've yet to beat the story lool that's how hard it was compared to other gtas

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Well I suppose you have to think of the reasons why and they are all simply because Grand Theft Auto III was one of a kind and released before Vice City, San Andreas etc. At the time I doubt Rockstar cared about a map in the Menu or an icon for Ammunation but then they obviously decided it was important and included them in Vice City onwards.

I have played this game loads, in fact so much I have managed to complete the story 10 or more times (On PS2, PC, ANDROID and PS3). The Story itself is harder than most GTA's and that can be offputting for new players that have played the other GTA's. The Thing is once you get used to it it is a really fun game

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

I think the lack of maps made the city feel bigger-- but IMO, the islands were sized and the missions paced just enough that about the time you learned how to get around portland, Stauton Island opened up, and by the time you learned SI-- SSV opened up.

The mobile version of III has maps as well as Liberty City Stories (if I recall correctly)--

III, In my opinion, had the best story of all GTAs although I did like LCS story as well....

I think you might be missing the lack of a voice of "Claude"--- I believe the intention of him was it is supposed to be you playing.

I played GTAs in the following order--- VC, III, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, BOGT.... not sure if the order you play affects how you feel about the games.

Macavell
  • Macavell

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:12 AM Edited by Macavell, 20 January 2013 - 08:22 AM.

You can't expect from the first GTA in three dimensions and the first GTA with a storyline to have all the improvements that newer GTAs have.
GTA III is now more then 10 years old and the first game of its kind. That's why every GTA player must respect this game, apart from the question if he likes it or not.

PS:
Of course Claude doesn't speak, this is the special feature of GTA III, it makes the protagonist mysterious... And yes, GTA III is harder compared to other GTAs in my opinion too. You have to see GTA III as the beginning of an era which includes GTA III, VC, SA, LCS and VCS. It is the base of four different storylines. You have to understand that GTA isn't just murdering people...

Thenoob
  • Thenoob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

GTA 3 IS AWESOME!

The only other 3D GTA game ive played was GTA 4, and I think GTA 3 is MUCH better than 4. Yeah there's no map but the city design is brilliant. GTA 4 Liberty City is such a disgrace to GTA 3 Liberty City. GTA 3 is the best GTA game I ever played. (I played 1 and, 2 the old ones, 3, 4, and Chinatown Wars)

Gary-X
  • Gary-X

Introducing Bats to Faces since 2001

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

I can see why someone who is used to the IV era would be disappointed when playing a III era game, especially the original.

GTA III was the first GTA I played, along with GTA II, so I was on the other side of things, I didn't like how in IV, the gameplay was sucked up to make everything look realistic, as well as the f*cking physics...

@Thenoob
Hate to advertise, but you should play Vice City at some point. It runs from the same engine as III but with some more stuff added on, plus a different story and a new city to cause bloody mayhem in. devil.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users