302 replies to this topic
Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Yes he is a low life f*ck.
But he will probably be entertaining in the game.
I prefer Michael the most so far.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

I consider people like you to be low people. Racist bastard, and a general fool.
If you do NOT like a character, whatever, why do you even bother making such a long thread when there are plenty out there.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 07:53)
QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 18:10)
Trevor is a wildcard. He was put into the game to pander to all the little minons of the "me" generation who live thier comfortable little lives in thier parents home while they are handed everything in life yet appreciate nothing. One day, after thier parents pay for all thier education for them, they will be useful members of society but for now they are useless. These people are bored and restless in thier lives and yearn to do some truly crazy sh*t but are to scared to actually do it, but they dream thier sick dreams. Rockstar knows all about these people so they said to themselves "how are we going to whip these little bastards into even MORE of a frenzy so they will be begging thier parents to buy them the game?" and like marketing magic Trevor was born. He is the embodiment of everything these people want to do but cant. He is chaos incarnate and his ONLY reason for being here is to make all the little closet sociopaths drool.

Wow, judgmental much?

I love Trevor. I don't live at my parents house, I'm 23, married, and I work for the government. What do you do? I hope your story is impressive.

He claims to be a police officer whose seen the "evils of war," which is weird and also hard to believe,as now he spends his time playing video games and making useless negative posts on a video game forum. Probably this guy:
user posted image

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 08:38)
but he feels like a character R* should've done in the GTA III era.

And that's why, I feel, he's so popular, you're right, when the artwork was shown off, people hated him, thought he was the bad guy, etc, but when it was revealed he's one of the main three and that he seems to be an old era style protagonist, that's what people wante, many people think Tommy Vercetti is the best main character, because of his lust for power and don't give a f*ck, I'll do things my way attitude, and now, with Trevor, we seem to at least have the don't give a f*ck attitude and craziness back.

Michael seems more like Niko, he has a big back story, a past he's trying to get away from, emotional baggage, etc, so it makes a nice contrast to have modern emotional long winded era style Protagonist and on the flip side, crazy psychotic protagnonist.

The only one who feels odd so far, to me, is Franklin, as he seems to be penned up as CJ 2.0, but that's only because we know near next to nothing about him.

coolmaster958
  • coolmaster958

The silence is over.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

want to make a HOT topic?
Just say you hate something that almost everybody else loves.
Jeez, people these days... suicidal.gif

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Maybe it wouldn't jump out at me how f*cking much this thread sucks if the OP didn't criticise basically every other thread on this forum? The reason for the multiple protagonists is simple: you have variety in missions, every play through will be different (or the same, if that's what you want) point is, you get to do things your way. The only thing lacking from IV was control over how you approached missions and that every mission was unexciting and repetitive. They fixed the latter in the Ballad of Gay Tony, and they're fixing the former with V.

aLeeJj
  • aLeeJj

few weeks or so

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Good luck while playing him..

DickieM
  • DickieM

►S☼LS◄

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

facking legendary thread

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

The feeling will probably be mutual.

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Bravo OP! Can always trust the Sherrif to be a straight shooter!

I agree on almost all of your points. Trevor does seem like a last minute character, Franklin is indeed the token black guy and Michael is the main protagonist if there were only one.

However, I do not hate Trevor, he reminds me a bit of TOmmy and Woody Hariieson.

So, at the moment, he's still ok in my book.

libertycityfilms
  • libertycityfilms

LCF

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:30 AM Edited by libertycityfilms, 14 January 2013 - 10:33 AM.

QUOTE (junkpile @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 19:28)
OP, nice topic and read. You certainly got a point. Even though I don't exactly "hate" Trevor, I share some of your reasons about how & why Rockstar put in Trevor.
I also assume he got put into the trinity as the last.

When I first saw captures of him, I liked how Rockstar created him, his looks, like, balding, scruffy, his maniac look...I thought most people would despise him. Only to find out, he is the most loved.
Now I really got into the idea of the character Michael.

Somehow I'm not too keen on Trevor anymore.

Trevor wasn't very well liked when his artwork was unvealed. As soon as he was shown jumping out of a plane and crashing two trains together he became an overnight hero.

I understand the appeal that he's batsh*t crazy without the morals after someone so emotional and vengeance stricken as Niko, but he feels like a character R* should've done in the GTA III era.

I'm willing to give him a chance to grow on me, but I feel Michael is more representative of the types of protagonists R* have created this gen. There needs to be more on Franklin for me to make judgement on him.

and that's why they gave us the option to switch characters...seriously,why do people get so upset or even start topics like this about something that it's not even a problem at all? You people who don't like Trevor don't play as him...simple as that.It's just a game,you either like it or don't ,if you don't then nobody cares...that's like saying that i don't like how the cheetah in the game looks like,well should i make a topic about it ? No. Should i actually consider that as a problem ,making a topic so that other people can say either "but i like it" or "yeah i hate it too" which in the end of the day has no purpose at all ,because everyone can do whatever they want and no one can change their mind.In this example ,if i hated the cheetah then i would not be driving it,that's it. So the same goes for the OP about Trevor,if you don't like him that much,than don't play as him,not to forget that it's a f*ckin' game,it's stupid to hate a programing code,visual models and pixels...sounds retarded.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (libertycityfilms @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 21:30)
OP, nice topic and read. You certainly got a point. Even though I don't exactly "hate" Trevor, I share some of your reasons about how & why Rockstar put in Trevor.

When I first saw captures of him, I liked how Rockstar created him, his looks, like, balding, scruffy, his maniac look...I thought most people would despise him. Only to find out, he is the most loved.

Trevor wasn't very well liked when his artwork was unvealed. As soon as he was shown jumping out of a plane and crashing two trains together he became an overnight hero.

I understand the appeal that he's batsh*t crazy without the morals after someone so emotional and vengeance stricken as Niko, but he feels like a character R* should've done in the GTA III era.

I'm willing to give him a chance to grow on me, but I feel Michael is more representative of the types of protagonists R* have created this gen. There needs to be more on Franklin for me to make judgement on him.

and that's why they gave us the option to switch characters...seriously,why do people get so upset or even start topics like this about something that it's not even a problem at all? You people who don't like Trevor don't play as him...simple as that.It's just a game,you either like it or don't ,if you don't then nobody cares...that's like saying that i don't like how the cheetah in the game looks like,well should i make a topic about it ? No. Should i actually consider that as a problem ,making a topic so that other people can say either "but i like it" or "yeah i hate it too" which in the end of the day has no purpose at all ,because everyone can do whatever they want and no one can change their mind.In this example ,if i hated the cheetah then i would not be driving it,that's it. So the same goes for the OP about Trevor,if you don't like him that much,than don't play as him,not to forget that it's a f*ckin' game,it's stupid to hate a programing code,visual models and pixels...sounds retarded.

I never said I don't like or don't want to play as him. Although the OP has been a bit aggressive in giving his thoughts he does make some points.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 10:45)

I never said I don't like or don't want to play as him. Although the OP has been a bit aggressive in giving his thoughts he does make some points.

Oh really? And what's his point? That he think Trevor was written into the plot after it was finished? Laughing out loud here!
When there are several protagonists then they need to differ to make every single one worth playing, having a different background, attitude etc.
If the op doesn't like what he "knows" about Trevor so far, it's his opinion. But what he does is, that he writes as all other opinions are bullcrap and he is the wise guy on these forums. (Which he definitely is not)

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

@OP
It's interesting you accuse Rockstar of implementing multiple characters to satisfy certain fans - and end up suggesting Rockstar should have done a certain type of one character to cater to your tastes.

This game wasn't developed for you and you alone, you know?

Although, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise coming from you considering your history with insulting other members and being generally disrespectful. As you told me yourself a week ago:

In truth I think im just a hateful prick so I just feel the need to verbally bitch slap the people who are dragging our forums down.

Bad show.

As for Trevor: Personally I have the feeling most people will end up liking playing him the most - because of the crazy type of action packed missions he gets up to.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 20:53)
@OP
It's interesting you accuse Rockstar of implementing multiple characters to satisfy certain fans - and end up suggesting Rockstar should have done a certain type of one character to cater to your tastes.

This game wasn't developed for you and you alone, you know?

I think he's accusing them of pandering; compromising their artistic vision for the sake of marketability, although he did express it in an unnecessarily hostile was and is unambiguously wrong in my opinion.

Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit and he does chauvinistically think "it's not for teenagers, its for my age group, my demographic so it should perfectly suit my tastes."

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 12:58)
I think he's accusing them of pandering; compromising their artistic vision for the sake of marketability

I find that highly unlikely considering this is Grand Theft Auto. There was so much excitement and articles even before this game was announced! When all they did was release a logo of the game, it blew up on twitter and across the web.

This is a must-have title. I don't think anyone who thinks about things in detail about the characters will contemplate whether or not to buy it or not. It's GTA. You just get it.

They often say they make games that they like to play, and have their fingers crossed that everyone else will like it too. I highly doubt this is a marketing gimmick.

In an industry that's particularly risk averse, Rockstar have often been a company to take great risks with big budget new IPs like Redemption and L.A. Noire. Just doesn't seem like their style to be honest, but that's just my opinion I guess confused.gif .

If they really were going to "pander", the game would be set in Vice City - the #1 location fans wanted GTAV to go to according to polls.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 21:03)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 12:58)
I think he's accusing them of pandering; compromising their artistic vision for the sake of marketability

I find that highly unlikely considering this is Grand Theft Auto. There was so much excitement and articles even before this game was announced! When all they did was release a logo of the game, it blew up on twitter and across the web.

This is a must-have title. I don't think anyone who thinks about things in detail about the characters will contemplate whether or not to buy it or not. It's GTA. You just get it.

They often say they make games that they like to play, and have their fingers crossed that everyone else will like it too. I highly doubt this is a marketing gimmick.

In an industry that's particularly risk averse, Rockstar have often been a company to take great risks with big budget new IPs like Redemption and L.A. Noire. Just doesn't seem like their style to be honest, but that's just my opinion I guess confused.gif .

If they really were going to "pander", the game would be set in Vice City - the #1 location fans wanted GTAV to go to according to polls.

Oh, don't get me wrong he's totally full of sh*t if he thinks that; there's a difference between pandering and catering: Franklin for the younger audience, Trevor for dorkier younger audience, Michael for the grown-ups.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Trevor looks interesting. But not as interesting as Michael and Franklin. Some months back I thought it would only be Franklin and eventually Michael. Trevor is some kind of bonus character to me. Putting him in the party will surely bring in extreme scenes.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

INSERT{CODE}

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 08:10)
Trevor is a wildcard. He was put into the game to pander to all the little minons of the "me" generation who live thier comfortable little lives in thier parents home while they are handed everything in life yet appreciate nothing. One day, after thier parents pay for all thier education for them, they will be useful members of society but for now they are useless. These people are bored and restless in thier lives and yearn to do some truly crazy sh*t but are to scared to actually do it, but they dream thier sick dreams. Rockstar knows all about these people so they said to themselves "how are we going to whip these little bastards into even MORE of a frenzy so they will be begging thier parents to buy them the game?" and like marketing magic Trevor was born. He is the embodiment of everything these people want to do but cant. He is chaos incarnate and his ONLY reason for being here is to make all the little closet sociopaths drool.

Dream on lol.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:58 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 14 January 2013 - 01:05 PM.

OP, It's f*cking simple. You get 3 protags. One that represents each part of the map. The idea for 3 protags came after Episodes...' One represents the rich side, from Beverly Hills, one reps South Central LA and the other, countryside/desert.

Now, you're thinking Rockstar are being weak to include Trevor? You don't have a f*cking clue. That's a wild assumption you made there. All the while judging everyone on this forum that likes him or at least doesn't hate him.

It's quite possibly one of the most douchey posts I've seen in this forum. You think you got it all down.

I love that Rockstar would make a character that's has issues and a carefree attitude. We have another 2 characters as well. Why would the 3rd have to be some conservative depresso prick that probably seems "deep" to you. The idea is getting 3 completely different characters. Michael seems more reserved, together and a family man etc. His friend is drug-addicted ex-Vietnam vet. A lot of vets have psychological issues after the atrocities they've seen.

Tommy Vercetti had a murderous care-free attitude. That's why he's popular even 10 years later. Trevor and Tommy have that wildness that fans love. And yes, people like to act out things in GTA, they can't in real life. Why the f*ck do you think it's so popular. You basically just ripped GTA apart for the very own reasons it's good.

Put a quarter in yo ass cause you played yoself.

EDIT: He also believes Franklin is a throw away character to stop minorities bitching. Wow, you sound like Alex Jones or something. Yes, Rockstar just put in a token black guy. San Andreas was set in LA and had a black protag too, just to stop minorities bitchin'.

It's very apparent that you don't have much intelligence. If your birth year is correct, I feel sorry for you son, because I know teenagers on here, plenty of them, that have much more sound mind, intelligence and understanding than you have.

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

hey! i am a white trash piece of sh*t and i find this offensive mad.gif

Mobster124
  • Mobster124

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I don't agree with your post, op, as I think Trevor was created because he adds something different to the story. And we don't know a lot about him apart from knowing that he lives in a rural trailer park and he's looks filthy. If you look from Rockstar's point of view, then you would see what they are trying to do with this character. I think the point of Trevor is that he one crazy man and in this social state that we live in, he is like a man hiding in the shadow who could turn at any moment. So as we don't know much about him then we can't judge him yet as a character. So stop getting on the high-horse and wait until the game is out.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Are you kidding me?? His points being that rockstar only added Franklin to make minorities happy? His point that everyone who likes Trevor has only been handed everything by their mom and das their whole lives?

This sh*t needs to be locked

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 13:26)

Are you kidding me?? His points being that rockstar only added Franklin to make minorities happy? His point that everyone who likes Trevor has only been handed everything by their mom and das their whole lives?

I can't believe Miamivicecity's post either.
The los santos sheriff is this kind of guy that think it's funny to post racist comments and wrap them as "joke" or "humor" so no one can say anything against him.

InternetKillTV
  • InternetKillTV

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 07:10)
"they needed to be "edgy" and "innovative" so they did this multi-protag bullsh*t."

"best things about all of them is Rockstars refusal to bend to popular pressure"

So let me get this straight, it's great when R* don't bend to popular pressure UNLESS you're the one putting the pressure on them? Many people didn't think of or didn't want a multi-protag system. Did R* bend to people like you? No, they did their own thing.

You are not the centre of a galaxy. You don't get to state that you love when R* don't bend to popular pressure unless it's you they're not bending to. You're not THAT important, just like the rest of us.

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (vivalavendredi @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 13:32)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 13:26)

I can't believe Miamivicecity's post either.
The los santos sheriff is this kind of guy that think it's funny to post racist comments and wrap them as "joke" or "humor" so no one can say anything against him.

Hmm.. I reread the post, then I read both you twos comments.. then I read miamis post again..

I must say, I don't get it. What did he say that was wrong? Miami is a forum leader, thus his post was quite objective, discounting any other "profile" data about our Sheriff.

Maybe the Sheriff was a bit extreme BUT he did make some valid points.

It does indeed seem that Trevor appeared out of nowhere. It is also true that MOST people on these forums hated him and declared that they would never use Trevor.. then comes the trailer and boom. Trevor is a badass.

Trevor was never in any of the other screens, infact, all we saw from the start was highlighting Micheal and showing us a little bit of Franklin.

The OP has made a clear point, it does SEEM like Rockstar threw Trevor in the mix as an amalgamation of the Classic GTA protags. It doesn't mean its a "bad" thing, I like Trevor for my reasons stated earlier, but I must admit, OP does have a point.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:42 PM Edited by deffpony, 14 January 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Even the most negative opinions should be considered on the forums, but they still need to support their points with logic.

The entire OP is bitching about how he's not getting the GTA V he wanted and how rockstar is a sellout and all the fans that like this idea are stupid.

There's no need for this type of ignorant thread IMO. It just leads to an endless barrage of stupidity and outrage. But just like the OP, thats just my opinion

I can understand that Trevor may have appeared to come from nowhere but it's possible that his character model in trailer one was very different, like many have theorized. And if thy is his one valid point than his argument for that point has no support. He just continues to state why he hates Trevor, why rockstar sucks, and why we re all dumb for liking him.

Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 07:10)
Now comes the point where all the fanboys will pick apart what I have written here in an effort to show that im wrong (in thier own "logic"). There will also be name calling and people generally acting stupid. You can all say whatever you want but I wont be responding to anyone. Ive said my piece.

I won't say anything about what you wrote because it's pretty obvious of what quality that was but that last sentence of yours made me laugh.
You know saying how things you don't like are only good for hardcore fans or only make sense for them (you're obviously implying they are wrong and you're right) doesn't make your garbage any better.
And saying you won't reply to following comments in a thread on a forum (which purpose is discussion) is retarded.

slogan-killer1
  • slogan-killer1

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Well at least me and you agree on something XD but I gotta admit, even I think Trevor will offer something you even thought I will play him east. I clearly think that he is overrated but that's my opinion

Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 09:56)
but he feels like a character R* should've done in the GTA III era.

The only one who feels odd so far, to me, is Franklin, as he seems to be penned up as CJ 2.0, but that's only because we know near next to nothing about him.

You mean black guy 2.0 because with the little bit they've shown of him you can already see Franklin's demeanor by itself is completely different than CJ's, not to mention personality and whatever else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users