Project CARS

41 replies to this topic
manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

user posted image

For those who find the dev name familiar, they're the ones who made both Need for Speed: Shift games. While only a few (such as myself) are in the alpha, the game is scheduled to be released later this year, so I think it's appropriate to get the word out a bit.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

It's been in development for a little over a year so far, and it's still got a long way to go, but they've come leaps and bounds ahead of anything else I've played. The sounds and visuals, the way most of the cars are nearly done physics wise and how they handle are all incredible.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Racing at night or in the rain is a thrill, especially if you decide to expand the field of cars up to whatever the track's maximum is, the highest being 64 (which can be done in multiplayer as well). You can also set it to random vehicles, so you could see GT, F1, Nascar, DTM, and go-karts all racing eachother. Of course, this will lead to carnage, and reveal the gorgeous damage models and the details underneath the bodywork.

user posted image
user posted image

You're going to want top hardware to run this on high/ultra, but you can handle it on medium/low with mid-tier bits from a few years ago.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I leave you with a couple trailers. (Yes, they are in-game)

Discuss!

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

This game has to have the best graphics out there... no way this is for console.

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Sunday, Jan 13 2013, 23:57)
This game has to have the best graphics out there... no way this is for console.

Well, all that I've seen of the game is on the PC, but they are releasing it on current gen consoles.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (manofpeace @ Sunday, Jan 13 2013, 23:59)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Sunday, Jan 13 2013, 23:57)

Well, all that I've seen of the game is on the PC, but they are releasing it on current gen consoles.

imo, I wouldn't release it on current gen because next gen is approaching very quickly, and as fast as E3 also.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Looks better than any other racing game I've played! wow.gif

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

Graphically it looks very impressive. I'll definitely want to try this out when it's released to see how it is. Thanks for sharing smile.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Just only checked out the trailers.

Sad that I'm in the 5% and no one else used First Person that much... confused.gif I really like how Forza Horizon has FP because it add's alot of realism into a game that is Forza and Need for Speed together. What stage is the beta in? Also, is there like a projected release date?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 13:49)
Just only checked out the trailers.

Sad that I'm in the 5% and no one else used First Person that much... confused.gif I really like how Forza Horizon has FP because it add's alot of realism into a game that is Forza and Need for Speed together. What stage is the beta in? Also, is there like a projected release date?

NEW SCREENSHOTS AND SET FOR RELEASE LATER THIS YEAR - http://www.cinemable...2013-51016.html

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Lol I use to follow this game, I bet you need a Monster of a PC to run this right? alien.gif

Also, it does look pretty similar Shift 2, but with better textures/models. And much better lighting.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by Whiskey, 14 January 2013 - 05:34 PM.

There's already a topic on this from around last year that I tried to keep updated but no-one ever replied in. I've been a member of this project for about a year now and it's come on leaps and bounds. Currently we're not taking any new members because of financial reasons but they will be taking on new registrations soon.

GTAaction99: You do not need a monster PC to run this game. I have a modest PC and it runs great. It looks like Shift 2 because it is based on the Shift 2 engine. It's being developed by Slightly Mad Studios, which developed Shift 2 also.

Sgt Foley: It's not in BETA, it's in Alpha stage at the moment the build is in the 3xx series now. Has come on so much in the past couple of months.

Here's some footage I recorded recently. Please don't jump to conclusions about anything as it is still in ALPHA stage.

EDIT: Here's some screenshots I took recently.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:13 AM Edited by GTAction99, 16 January 2013 - 04:17 AM.

@Whiskey, that's great to hear.
Now this game is free right? Because when I get my PC, I don't want to find out that I can't run it (And then wait 6+ months for a build).

Also, do the cars have stable handling? Because since you said it's being developed by the Slightly Mad Studios people, I was wondering if they kept the wonky handling from Shift/Shift 2.

That Lotus looks cool as f*ck, it's the Type 97 right?
Noticed that the Lotus is missing it's iconic 'John Player Special' signature, damnit. Atleast it has the colors.

Ok, here are my last three questions:
Does this game have Group C racers?
Does this game have more than one 80s F1?
Does this game have any 90s GT cars?

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by Whiskey, 23 March 2013 - 06:50 PM.

No this is not a free game. It's crowdsourced development. We help pay for developoment/publishing.

The physics are totally different to Shift 2, they are extremely realistic. A new SETA tyre model is still being fine tuned and rolled out across all the tyres and the Force Feedback is still a bit wonky. But that's all being worked on, once you spend some time and tune/set-up your vehicle correctly the physics are mind-blowing, SMS also have physics consultants such as Ben Collins (The Stig) and Nicolas Hamilton so the Physics are in safe hands.

Yes that is the Lotus Renault Turbo 98. Great car. It han't got the John Player livery, but you can download a custom made one for the game.
There isn't any Group C at the moment. I'm not sure about the F1, maybe later on in the development. Yes, so far we have the BWM M3 1991 GT, more are on the way.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

This has to be best graphics I have ever seen in video game. wow.gif But let's hope it will also have a good gameplay, because graphics isn't everything.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

@Whiskey Thank you for telling me which stage it is in.

Once everything is all set and finished for this game I'll be ready for a release biggrin.gif

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Now I really need a new rig, this game seems very promising. These screens have to be pre-rendered, it can't be actual gameplay can it?

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 12:44)
Now I really need a new rig, this game seems very promising. These screens have to be pre-rendered, it can't be actual gameplay can it?

Oh, it is gameplay. There's a replay mode so you can get whatever camera angle you want, and you can apply filters as well, but that level of detail is all in-game, in motion. Of course, most screenshots you'll see are taken at max settings, so it doesn't take a monster to run the game, even at a decent framerate. You just need high end parts to unlock its full potential.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 16:50)

Once everything is all set and finished for this game I'll be ready for a release biggrin.gif

No problem man. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I play this game and check on development every day so I can keep you informed.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 18:11)

No problem man. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I play this game and check on development every day so I can keep you informed.

Yeah I have just one more, does it have a helmet cam just like the one in Shift 2? I loved it smile.gif

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 23:11)

Ok, does the Ford MKIV have any rivals yet? Or atleast any similar cars like the Ferrari P4?

Because it would be weird to have a Ford MKIV and not have another 60s GT. confused.gif

Also GO-KARTS racing CARS!?!?! I HAVE to get this! mercie_blink.gif

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 23:36)

Yeah I have just one more, does it have a helmet cam just like the one in Shift 2? I loved it smile.gif

Yeah it has a fully adjustable helmet cam where you can adjust everything from camera shake to look-to-apex amount.

GTAaction99: Not at the moment as it's pretty tough with the licenses. But I'm pretty confident the vehicle classes will be bulked up in the coming months. The game is only in pre-alpha and cars are being added at a quick pace.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 20:18)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 23:36)

Yeah it has a fully adjustable helmet cam where you can adjust everything from camera shake to look-to-apex amount.

GTAaction99: Not at the moment as it's pretty tough with the licenses. But I'm pretty confident the vehicle classes will be bulked up in the coming months. The game is only in pre-alpha and cars are being added at a quick pace.

So sick!! I really can't wait now biggrin.gif

badosh
  • badosh

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

user posted image

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

The BMW M3 GT and M3 E30 Group A have been released to all builds today, so here are some screenshots I've taken as I tried them out.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Both cars are in their most basic just-in-the-game state and the E30 doesn't even have very many textures at all. Still lots of physics work to iron out, too.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Found a really good video of the head to head MP.

Some screens I just took there too.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Latest community gallery is up. Some screens taken by me are in there too, if you can spot them. wink.gif
http://www.wmdportal...ity-gallery-51/

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

tried the game after 6 or 7 months. really disappointed. the controls are still terrible on a keyboard, as bad as 8 months ago.. its always either too sensitive to the point where just lightly pressing the key makes your car spins a 360 or not sensitive where pressing the key doesn't do sh*t. the only way it seems to play it properly is to play with a controller or a steering wheel which i am not going to invest in since i play other racing games just fine with KB+M. also really disappointed that many features and cars and tracks are locked off for me...

i paid 10 euros which is quite a lot for "alpha testing". at that time i also was unsure if my PC could run it so i decided to just pay that and maybe upgrade the package when the game becomes more stable and i get a new GPU. after 6 to 8 months the game hasn't really improved. they just added new cars, new tracks and the most glitchiest and terrible updater ive ever used. they also removed the option to upgrade my membership.

the only thing this game has going for is the graphics which looks nice.. better than most racing games ive seen. its a shame that the game is unplayable at least on a KB+M. they also locked a lot of content for higher tier memberships which gives me a bad impression that the full game will probably be full of DLCs and micro-transactions.

i'll probably check on this game 6 months later or so to see if anything have been improved but right now i doubt i would buy the full game. does project CARS use always online DRM too?

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by Whiskey, 23 March 2013 - 06:40 PM.

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 17:51)
tried the game after 6 or 7 months. really disappointed. the controls are still terrible on a keyboard, as bad as 8 months ago.. its always either too sensitive to the point where just lightly pressing the key makes your car spins a 360 or not sensitive where pressing the key doesn't do sh*t. the only way it seems to play it properly is to play with a controller or a steering wheel which i am not going to invest in since i play other racing games just fine with KB+M. also really disappointed that many features and cars and tracks are locked off for me...

i paid 10 euros which is quite a lot for "alpha testing". at that time i also was unsure if my PC could run it so i decided to just pay that and maybe upgrade the package when the game becomes more stable and i get a new GPU. after 6 to 8 months the game hasn't really improved. they just added new cars, new tracks and the most glitchiest and terrible updater ive ever used. they also removed the option to upgrade my membership.

the only thing this game has going for is the graphics which looks nice.. better than most racing games ive seen. its a shame that the game is unplayable at least on a KB+M. they also locked a lot of content for higher tier memberships which gives me a bad impression that the full game will probably be full of DLCs and micro-transactions.

i'll probably check on this game 6 months later or so to see if anything have been improved but right now i doubt i would buy the full game. does project CARS use always online DRM too?

I don't know if you're playing the same build as me as so much more has come from the game then what you say. I use a Logitech G25 and the physics are the most realistic physics that I've ever encountered in a racing game, ever. It's a racing simulation, not many simulators are made for a keyboard and mouse, I can't stand playing any racing game with a keyboard. Stuff like keyboard optimisation and tweaking will come towards the end of the games development, around a few months or so. Have you tried adjusting sensitivity in the settings? These guys have a massive wealth of experience with racing games, both arcade (Shift 1 & 2) and simulator (GTR 1, 2 & legends).

You didn't pay ten euros, you invested ten euros, you did know that you are going to get that ten euros back + interest and money from DLC once the game releases, right? They've also added much more than 'a few cars and tracks'. They've added a whole new dynamic, realistic Tyre system (Which is why your having so much trouble playing with a keyboard) and it's being worked on every day. It's an alpha build, nothing is going to be even near perfect in an alpha build.

Apart from that they've also added a new dynamic cloud system, new audio systems, new reflection and wet track shaders, new 'Pit 2 Car' audio, multiplayer, new cameras, a new dynamic rain system, realistic damage, a whole new particle system and a new SDK and API for developers. So I don't know where your coming from when you say there's been no new features, please elaborate. Also, I have never, ever had one bug from the launcher.

They removed the option to upgrade your account because the FSA have gotten involved to make sure everything is legal. New accounts and upgrading will be opened up again soon.

Also, there will be DLC, but not on the scale of micro-transactions. There will be massive DLC packs for racing disciplines such as NASCAR and superGT. Plus there is going to be plenty of free DLC. So there not trying to low-ball you. They're being realistic about their timescale. They have to have this wrapped up by winter.

Also, new fan-made trailer. All made in-game. (Watch in HD).

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 17:51)

??
Unless you are playing a older game like NFS: HP2 or something, I can't see keyboards working on Racing game.
I used a PS3 controller for GTR2, and it worked great, though the cars handled like crap, barely turning on certain tracks.

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

All dem E30 shots

This game should go in Steam's Early Access tbh

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 18:59)
All dem E30 shots

This game should go in Steam's Early Access tbh

You like e30's? wink.gif
user posted image

Just took that right there. As far as I know, it's not going through the early access, but will definitely be having steam integration.

GTAction: Agreed, if your playing a racing sim, I don't think you should be playing it with a keyboard.

May as well throw up a few screens I took.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users