Modeling Help

9 replies to this topic
ShenLong Kazama
  • ShenLong Kazama

60d 0f D3572uc710n

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

I tried to remove a part of a model by using the alpha channel method. But it didn't work out as i hoped. Any tips how i can get that to work? confused.gif

Androthia
  • Androthia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Part of a model? What kind, what is your goal?

ShenLong Kazama
  • ShenLong Kazama

60d 0f D3572uc710n

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Androthia @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 16:41)
Part of a model? What kind, what is your goal?

A partof the Desmond model found in this pack http://www.gta4-mods...iii-pack-f18978

I'm trying to remove the shoes which are part of the upper body. using the alpha channel i'm supposed to be able to make the shoes invisible ingame.

Androthia
  • Androthia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Do u have 3d editing program? If so, carefully select the polygons you want to delete....then you could even select the vertices inside the body if it bothers you.

Some good editors are 3ds max with gims, zmodeler, hexigon from daz3d, and gmax.

Alpha channel really doesnt do much because the mesh is still being computed in game.

Any help?

ShenLong Kazama
  • ShenLong Kazama

60d 0f D3572uc710n

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Please don't mention that crap. Last year i tried to edit a model with several programs and it was atrocious because nothing worked properly. bored.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Lol the tools are fine, are you sure you know how to use them? They are the same tools that were used to export the Assassins Creed models and thousands others to GTAIV in the first place, how are they atrocious?

I imported the Desmond model to 3dsmax and it didn't work (showed an error message) because it was originally exported using an older buggy version of GIMS.

The only way to fix it by editing the model would be to re-rig it.

Androthia
  • Androthia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Those programs are great, 3ds max being one of the best.....hence the $4,000+ price tag. Its the same program that make tons of your special fx in movies. Using them may take years to learn. There are lots of tutotials to show one how to do a specific job without knowing the program much. It can get complicated and stressful, but your modding....that's the nature of the beast, and why we are here on the forums to help.

ShenLong Kazama
  • ShenLong Kazama

60d 0f D3572uc710n

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

I read various tutorials but it didn't work properly. However, actually my goal is to somehow extract the messenger bag so that i can replace the normal backpacks with it.

Androthia
  • Androthia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Ohhh, use openiv....find the model of both items. Right click and extract as openformat. Open 3ds max, import duffle bag in via gims as openformat. Look at the heirarchy, study it. Reset max, then open the other bag as openformat and then rename all models and dummys to the name of the other bag. Export it via gims as openformat, then import in openiv. Then, in theory....both models should be the backpack. .....the original, and the writeover one.

As always when modding....BACKUP THE ORIGINALS

ShenLong Kazama
  • ShenLong Kazama

60d 0f D3572uc710n

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Androthia @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 23:17)
Ohhh, use openiv....find the model of both items. Right click and extract as openformat. Open 3ds max, import duffle bag in via gims as openformat. Look at the heirarchy, study it. Reset max, then open the other bag as openformat and then rename all models and dummys to the name of the other bag. Export it via gims as openformat, then import in openiv. Then, in theory....both models should be the backpack. .....the original, and the writeover one.

As always when modding....BACKUP THE ORIGINALS

I wouldn't succeed. Please could someone of you make that possible?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users