» «
Photo

Marijuana in GTA V

168 replies to this topic
gsbadreligion
  • gsbadreligion

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:44 AM Edited by gsbadreligion, 12 January 2013 - 04:53 AM.

Marijuana is very very prevalent in California in general, medical marijuana is legal, and the mexican drug cartel is very close to la. new york just isn't the type of place that weed really thrives. i fully expect marijuana to be in V in a couple of different ways. First i hope it is actually smokeable in-game just like drinking and getting drunk was in iv. theres a lot of money in weed and i can easily see either trevor or franklin dealing in a mission or maybe as an activity. not to mention michael's son jimmy is a huge stoner. rockstar could definitely parody medical marijuana stores in-game, have radio shows talking about it, having to help medical marijuana places stay open, etc. not to even mention that celebritys get a hold of medical marijuana and la has tons of celebrities. there's just alot of opportunities for weed in GTA V and i don't even see it being a controversy as far as the media goes(except for the really really stupid people). and cali weed...lets just say little jacob would approve of it.

medical marijuana in cali
user posted image
user posted image

on an unrelated note just a funny german christmas
http://metro.co.uk/2...s-plant-603282/

p.s. mods i hope you don't have anything against my topic, its an honest discussion about something that is everywhere in california and a big business for the cartel, medical marijuana stores, and california in general.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

I forgot if it was either GI or IGN but they said in a video that in the demo they saw Franklin walking out of a medical marijuana dispensary when they switched over to him.

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

Yeah, I'd like that. Marijuana is good.

CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

I hope so lol

gsbadreligion
  • gsbadreligion

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 04:45)
I forgot if it was either GI or IGN but they said in a video that in the demo they saw Franklin walking out of a medical marijuana dispensary when they switched over to him.

i really hope so, i hope to see rastafarians as well. oh and if nobody has seen it, the show weeds is actually pretty good. just got into it and have seen like 5 episodes so far.

Shaunr
  • Shaunr

Cooljunk Productions

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

I think we can expect marijuana appearing in the game, mainly in dispensaries. maybe you can get a card, or maybe trevor already has a card and you can buy it when you're him, and distribute it to the other main characters!

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (gsbadreligion @ Friday, Jan 11 2013, 22:56)

i really hope so, i hope to see rastafarians as well. oh and if nobody has seen it, the show weeds is actually pretty good. just got into it and have seen like 5 episodes so far.

Eh, I don't smoke, never have, never will, but I think it would be a nice feature simply because if Rockstar's mission is to capture the current day LA scene, then weed dispensaries definitely need to be in the game.

DzNutz
  • DzNutz

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (playaindahood @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 04:59)
I think we can expect marijuana appearing in the game, mainly in dispensaries. maybe you can get a card, or maybe trevor already has a card and you can buy it when you're him, and distribute it to the other main characters!

or you can rob the store and just pick up whatevers in the store..like in MAFIA 2.

Shaunr
  • Shaunr

Cooljunk Productions

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (DzNutz @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 05:14)
QUOTE (playaindahood @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 04:59)

or you can rob the store and just pick up whatevers in the store..like in MAFIA 2.

lol yeah, or that

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

They'll have to make an appearance, one of the defining things about Cali is their medical marijuana and dispensaries on every street corner.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (gsbadreligion @ Friday, Jan 11 2013, 22:44)
First i hope it is actually smokeable in-game just like drinking and getting drunk was in iv.

but how would it effect or change gameplay while under the influence?

& just like drinking, i dont see the point of having the ability to do it in a videogame, but i agree that it would make sense for it to be in the game in some way, probably gangs smoking like they did in SA, and we'll see what else.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

Well, Trevor's a drug addict, so I'd be betting he's got a stash of loads of different drugs. sh*t, that might actually be his special perk now that I think about it... Frank can call Chop, Trevor could use different types of drugs that do different things, and Michael can... do yoga?

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Was about to point this out. icon14.gif

I 100% guarantee weed will be in V. R* likes to parody pop culture, and weed is pretty much flourishing in Southern Cali. I can't wait to go hiking as Franklin with Chop and light up a joint (as I light one in real life) and then got lost in the nature.

Good times are ahead. cool.gif

gsbadreligion
  • gsbadreligion

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (killahmatic @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 05:25)
QUOTE (gsbadreligion @ Friday, Jan 11 2013, 22:44)
First i hope it is actually smokeable in-game just like drinking and getting drunk was in iv.

but how would it effect or change gameplay while under the influence?

& just like drinking, i dont see the point of having the ability to do it in a videogame, but i agree that it would make sense for it to be in the game in some way, probably gangs smoking like they did in SA, and we'll see what else.

It's just fun to do when you're trying to drive or fight someone. outrunning cops drunk is fun as hell(try it in iv, especially if you have a truck). its more or less a new way to do the same stuff you normally do but impaired, plus its more difficult.

Zympress
  • Zympress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (I Shot The Sheriff @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 04:51)

It's not, it has carcinogens. If you don't know google it.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (Zympress @ Friday, Jan 11 2013, 21:53)

Vaporize or make into edibles.

Carcinogens-b-gone!

Shaunr
  • Shaunr

Cooljunk Productions

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Zympress @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 05:53)

everything has carcinogens if you smoke it, but luckily for MJ, it has properties which sort of counters the carcinogens, and anyway, cancer has not been linked to marijuana use, and you can ingest marijuana without any harmful side effects,

and lets not turn this into a stupid debate. perhaps i may direct you to the info on long term effects of marijuana: http://weedsmokersgu...g-term-effects/

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

If thou' ist wanting some, thou' shall receive.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

I'm constantly stoned while playing gta so my character should be too damn it!

CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (Diesleman @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 06:03)

#Fact icon14.gif

Shaunr
  • Shaunr

Cooljunk Productions

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

yeah just think, if you can get your player to a 5, and yourself to a 5... that will be like being at 10, because 5+5.

you can save so much of your weed IRL like this.

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

If thou' ist wanting some, thou' shall receive.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (playaindahood @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 06:13)

yeah just think, if you can get your player to a 5, and yourself to a 5... that will be like being at 10, because 5+5.

you can save so much of your weed IRL like this.

Exactly my friend. Though to be honest I think gta5s release will do little to
help me conserve my pot.

Zympress
  • Zympress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 06:02)

Carcinogens-b-gone!

It still kills your braincells, it's proven in a study. The only reason doctors medicate it to people with cancer is to relieve their pain. They are going to die anyway.

Shaunr
  • Shaunr

Cooljunk Productions

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Zympress @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 06:41)
QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 06:02)

Carcinogens-b-gone!

It still kills your braincells, it's proven in a study. The only reason doctors medicate it to people with cancer is to relieve their pain. They are going to die anyway.

that study was from like 30 years ago and they were trying to make the outcome appear that it killed brain cells. the study was proven inaccurate by many respected scientists. new studies have been done today, and guess what? no correlation. in fact, fairly recent testing has been done on rats with high doses of MJ, and guess what? brain cell development was INCREASED.

anyway, enough with the debates. and i think there's a topic in the debates/ discussion area for marijuana about long term effects.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Too bad game isnt in denver

szmty
  • szmty

Hi Ho

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

I don't see why wouldn't they add that. I don't think that is a taboo anymore.
I mean, I don't smoke anything, and I don't plan to do it. I'm very skeptic of what pot users say in order to defend themselves, yet I'm also skeptic about what anti-pot people may say.
Pot is good for some things, yet bad for other things. If you think about it, it's just another drug like alcohol, or tobacco, whatever. It just takes much more responsability.
So I don't see R* would have any problem on including that. It would have been much more controversial 10 years ago, but laws are more relaxed now, and it has became an icon of SoCal culture.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

What is pot bad for?

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Man I'm not into necessarily taking drugs in the game, but damn I want to deal them so bad. The system from Chinatown Wars was just too good. I have so many hours logged into that game on my phone and literally 95% of it is the lottery and buying & selling drugs. That is all I want in V man. Chinatown Wars had the best economy of any GTA game, ever.

szmty
  • szmty

Hi Ho

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 07:26)
What is pot bad for?

I've got to say that pot users shouldn't say that what they do is completely harmless. It does have its risks. Smoking damages lungs for example. Getting too high (I know it is not as easy as people think, but it's still possible) is dangerous, as you don't know what's actually going on and you may end up injuring yourself... Anti-pot people may say a lot of bullsh*t, but some of what they say is pretty believable. I agree that pot may be useful for medicine, and that it should be legalized for those uses. I don't completely agree on people using pot for fun. I can tolerate it and if you want to use pot for fun use it, but I don't think that going around everywhere claming that pot is harmless isn't right.

infiniteammo
  • infiniteammo

•ab igne ignem capere•

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 03:26)
Man I'm not into necessarily taking drugs in the game, but damn I want to deal them so bad. The system from Chinatown Wars was just too good. I have so many hours logged into that game on my phone and literally 95% of it is the lottery and buying & selling drugs. That is all I want in V man. Chinatown Wars had the best economy of any GTA game, ever.

This. icon14.gif I loved Chinatown wars drug dealing, imagine being able to grab your dop bag duffel, and go to some deals... epic!

I'm a stoner, flat out, San Andreas had The Truth, probably my favorite character in that game, burning down his farm was... so sad, lol! But! GTAIV had dispensaries, and in the subway on the second island, there were posters with cannabis leaves that only said "White Widow".

I don't mind if they don't push it heavily, Saints Row 2 (hold your stone throwing, I'm making a point) had blunts and it was eh, so-so... as long as they don't trash the industry or the plant I'm fine, I doubt they will. But I see them more doing radio spots with nutjobs talking about "Medical Doughnuts" just as well, they're spoofy like that.

36Chambers
  • 36Chambers

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Wow! Can't wait to drink the marajuanas in this game!

OT: It'd be great if drugs in general were more present in this game. A drug dealing mini game is a must if they really mean it when they say money will be more prominent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users