Photo

ZOMBIE DLC?

223 replies to this topic
Wilko007
  • Wilko007

"Better call Saul"

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 13:19)
QUOTE (Wilko007 @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 13:06)
This! Give them something they were originally made for, to be feared, the fear of not staying in one building too long before they may surround the building and climb through the windows, the fear of loosing what little ammo you have (Say you aren't given any to begin with)

Exactly, if they are barely moving down the street they are not scary. I want
them to be relentless in their pursuit of me and I want the guns appropriate for that kind of threat. This is another topic but I want dual wielding. Just make it more enemies/zombies so the difficulty level stays the same.

The fear thing also links with the fuel i said before, run out of fuel, middle of the desert on your own.. or so you think? i still don't think that dual wielding should be in it though:/ it's too inaccurate, i'd rather have one accurate pistol than two with a higher rate of fire but lower accuracy, in any situation

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Wilko007 @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 13:24)
The fear thing also links with the fuel i said before, run out of fuel, middle of the desert on your own.. or so you think? i still don't think that dual wielding should be in it though:/ it's too inaccurate, i'd rather have one accurate pistol than two with a higher rate of fire but lower accuracy, in any situation

I would prefer tri wielding if I had 3 arms. I prefer to wreck as much sh!t as possible.

STOGE
  • STOGE

GTA MASTER

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Wilko007 @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 12:17)
I think zombies would be a great idea for a dlc

Sure it's not original anymore, but with GTA , it could be great.

Anyone thinking DayZ? Zombies on a large map, fight for survival? This, on GTA V's free roam map online? Say not many cars out on the roads, barely any in fact, boarded up shelters, forts, army base priority for good loot? I think it would just be amazing! Kill or be killed, you can ally up with people, or just kill them to steal their weapons or vehicles, and maybe, for this game mode, fuel? (don't get butthurt it's just an idea)

this is what i mean with zombie dlc,i just feel that with the map and scope of gta,a zombie dlc would be great,especially with the stuff this op is refering too.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

For all of those people who are against the Zombie concept I can completely understand. While its easy to say dont play it if you dont want it, its not really fair that half the fans get DLC they want and the other half dont.

The reason why a GTA zombie DLC is so coveted is because GTA is the perfect framework for the greatest zombie game of all time. A huge open world with a dense city and vast wilderness. Weapons and cars are already included and natural motion makes killing things fun!

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 18:05)
For all of those people who are against the Zombie concept I can completely understand. While its easy to say dont play it if you dont want it, its not really fair that half the fans get DLC they want and the other half dont.

The reason why a GTA zombie DLC is so coveted is because GTA is the perfect framework for the greatest zombie game of all time. A huge open world with a dense city and vast wilderness. Weapons and cars are already included and natural motion makes killing things fun!

Any DLC they make will be that way though. You can't please everyone all the time, so really they will make whatever they want.. And let's make no mistake, if they released a zombie DLC. it would sell very well.. Lots of people would lap that up on day 1 of release. Obviously everyone has their own preference, and if they were to release a zombie DLC, the people who don't like it really would just have to get over it and play something else.. It will be the same for some people no matter what they release.

I do agree that the map would make for a great zombie setting.. Any realistic open world map would.. But games will never use their map's full potential. Except on PC where people can mod them

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

GTA: The Walking Dead

I say bring it!!

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 18:43)

Any DLC they make will be that way though. You can't please everyone all the time, so really they will make whatever they want.. And let's make no mistake, if they released a zombie DLC. it would sell very well.. Lots of people would lap that up on day 1 of release. Obviously everyone has their own preference, and if they were to release a zombie DLC, the people who don't like it really would just have to get over it and play something else.. It will be the same for some people no matter what they release.

I do agree that the map would make for a great zombie setting.. Any realistic open world map would.. But games will never use their map's full potential. Except on PC where people can mod them

I've said it before, but I also think V's map with all its airspace would lend itself quite nicely to some kind of Mars attacks DLC. Imagine dog fights between Hydras and flying saucers! Or little green men running around LS with ray guns... Franklin and Lamar organize LS gangs into a guerrilla-style resistance movement to take back the city, Michael protects his family on a dangerous The Last of Us-esque trek across San Andreas, Trevor uses a flying saucer to board the mother ship and thwart the alien invasion once and for all...

Okay, I'm letting my imagination run a little wild, but that's the appeal of zombie, alien, and other outlandish DLC. If the DLC is too grounded (like EFLC), it will only introduce features that will feel like they were stripped from vanilla V. Ray guns and flying saucers, on the other hand, would never have fit into the vanilla game and would feel like new features you weren't cheated out of (kind of like the explosive rifle you got through RDR DLC). I like aliens because it would give us a wacky set of sci-fi weapons and vehicles to play around with in the V sandbox. Zombies... I'm not so sure what new weapons or features would come with (I doubt they'll give us the Blunderbuss or holy water again).

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 14:32)

I've said it before, but I also think V's map with all its airspace would lend itself quite nicely to some kind of Mars attacks DLC. Imagine dog fights between Hydras and flying saucers! Or little green men running around LS with ray guns... Franklin and Lamar organize LS gangs into a guerrilla-style resistance movement to take back the city, Michael protects his family on a dangerous The Last of Us-esque trek across San Andreas, Trevor uses a flying saucer to board the mother ship and thwart the alien invasion once and for all...

Okay, I'm letting my imagination run a little wild, but that's the appeal of zombie, alien, and other outlandish DLC. If the DLC is too grounded (like EFLC), it will only introduce features that will feel like they were stripped from vanilla V. Ray guns and flying saucers, on the other hand, would never have fit into the vanilla game and would feel like new features you weren't cheated out of (kind of like the explosive rifle you got through RDR DLC). I like aliens because it would give us a wacky set of sci-fi weapons and vehicles to play around with in the V sandbox. Zombies... I'm not so sure what new weapons or features would come with (I doubt they'll give us the Blunderbuss or holy water again).

I think the possibilites are equally as vast for any fictional and outlandish DLC. Zombie DLC could have chainsaws and flame throwers while Alien DLC could have laser guns and teleporters

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Welsh Boy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Yes it would be really great to have zombies in multiplayer and maybe in campaign like rdr undead nightmare but not DLC seriously COD piss me off by spending double what the game cost to get extras. However it would be a nice addition to the game and if done well could bring in loads more customers for them and maybe become the highlight of the game like COD has seen.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Then why not to make 4 Seperate DLCs :

- Los Santos Stories : 2 more characters with there own story but cross line with the Main characters ( EFLC style )

- Zombies DLC : Single Player ; Micheal , Franklin and Trevor try to survive zombies and there is a story line ( Red Dead Redemption style )
Multiplayer ; Free-roam mode with zombies

- More Heist missions in the main characters story

- New multiplayer modes ( modes , no maps )

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 19:35)
QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 14:32)

I think the possibilites are equally as vast for any fictional and outlandish DLC. Zombie DLC could have chainsaws and flame throwers while Alien DLC could have laser guns and teleporters

Up until now, I have been pretty down on the hundreds of GTAV zombie threads that keep rising from the grave. But the last couple of posts have changed my mind and made me realize that it is moving in a direction that I support.

More generally, what I want for GTAV, and the whole HD era, is to be able to re-use these incredible open world virtual environments as virtual worlds, like Second Life or Playstation Home, for people to spend time in, virtually live in them, participate in a wide variety of multiplayer minigames, and persist over a long period of time. The GTA IV Liberty City world could be included, and Rockstar could assign a small development project to create open world maps of other cities that we want, like Vice City. It could be a separate income stream and a larger social demographic market that could be big money for Rockstar/TTWO. The various separate maps would be connected only via the mechanism of virtual commercial jet transport and disk-swap while the commerical jet cutscene is going on.

If this more generalized business plan is realized, then Zombie DLC, or Mars Attacks DLC, or Doom / Quake / Fast&Furious / Where'sWaldo / GiantRadioActiveAnts / Godzilla / InvisibleInvaders / AndremedaStrain / Heros&Villains / Whatever / GTA or any other mod, could be sanctioned and quality-enhanced by Rockstar.

And
...V's map with all its airspace...

Zombies on a Plane smile.gif

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

bah humbug

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

The only zombie I want to see is the GTA IV speedo zombie making a come back.

tankslapper
  • tankslapper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

why zombies? are they popular on youtube KONY 2012

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (saintsrow @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 20:36)
Zombies on a Plane  smile.gif

I wanna get these mother scratchin zombies off this monday to friday plane!

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

No for the love of god no

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:58 AM Edited by NateShaw92, 21 February 2013 - 03:01 AM.

no zombies, in the traditional sense
if there is a fun side-game where the 'zombies' are meth-heads then yeah might work
shotgunning meth-heads looking for blue meth (yes that is a reference)
but not as dlc as a side-game
or maybe a dlc where you pedal meth

I would prefer the dlcs to e expansions liek maybe a dlc for another area of map in single-player, like say san diego or santa barbara or stanford university if they are not in the game already
I want to shotgun me some stanford students would they count as zombies? university students? I am one so i am 50-50 on that

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Don't think that's gonna happen zombies are played out now.

Now if they want to do some crazy DLC set the game in an alternate Los Santos where all the characters of the main game are actually Vinewood actors and the pedestrians are just extras, all the missions that take place in the DLC are actually just scenes from a movie which include Michael bay levels of over the top action. They could even have a mission where the crew has to do a scene where they take out zombies to please all the zombie fans.

Once you finish the DLC you get to watch the full movie in all its hilariously bad glory

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 02:58)
if there is a fun side-game where the 'zombies' are meth-heads then yeah might work

I would prefer the dlcs to e expansions liek maybe a dlc for another area of map in single-player, like say san diego or santa barbara or stanford university if they are not in the game already
I want to shotgun me some stanford students would they count as zombies? university students? I am one so i am 50-50 on that

True no Zombies stuff or Alien stuff it will ruin GTA

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 12:03)
QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 02:58)
if there is a fun side-game where the 'zombies' are meth-heads  then yeah might work

True no Zombies stuff or Alien stuff it will ruin GTA

How would something optional ruin GTA? whatsthat.gif

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

I enjoyed the early Resident Evil games, but haven't bothered to play any recent titles. The gaming world seems to be saturated with zombies.

And as much as it won't happen in the main storyline, nowadays I actually wouldn't give a f*ck if Rockstar put out a zombie DLC.

There are players annoyed of zombies and players demanding it. Rockstar has to decide if it brings in more cash and doesn't ruin their image.

invader1978
  • invader1978

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:19 PM Edited by invader1978, 22 February 2013 - 12:21 PM.

QUOTE (Ryan @ Friday, Jan 11 2013, 03:11)
My reaction to Zombies in GTA.

lol.gif no-o-oo-o-o-o-oo-o-
but Alien like? M-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m!

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

I DON'T THINK ZOMBIE DLC SHOULD BE IN GTA V.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

People Against the Overused idea of Zombies > People For the overused idea of Zombies.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Military geek

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 13:41)
People Against the Overused idea of Zombies > People For the overused idea of Zombies.

I didn't see people being against it bringing up a better idea to make profit.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Zombies are too damn gimmicky and overdone. Zombies are cool but the overuse of the concept is getting very annoying. GTA does not need a Zombie DLC.

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Why is everyone Zombie addicted these days? mercie_blink.gif

dorcy
  • dorcy

"Alright, let's get straight to the biscuits."

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

as i said the first time i became aware of Jedward. "dear god, NO."

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

DLC during a games development? No thanks. Anything that has had development time spent on it should be part of the core game, thankfully Rockstar understand that.

A cheat code for zombies would be better.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Allrighty then, we should have bathsalt junkie DLC.

There could be flesh-eating druggies crawling the streets, and we have to drive them to rehab without getting eaten! Or, in the flavor of GTA, we can sell them bathsalts and then when we get enough money to live like a king, or it gets so bad that we can't take it anymore, we'll off those mutha f*%#$@s and clean the streets up! Bring back that idiot from IV to be our sidekick. What was his name?

Hendrix89
  • Hendrix89

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (dorcy @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 15:54)
as i said the first time i became aware of Jedward. "dear god, NO."

How about having waves upon waves of Jedward attacking you?

tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users