Quantcast

» «
Photo

For the ♥ of $$$

284 replies to this topic
meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:30 PM Edited by meta187, 16 January 2013 - 12:37 PM.

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 06:22)
I think if they truly want Crews to succeed in GTAV, then there needs to be a money aspect. Heists, wars on gang territory, safehouses even . Rockstar knows what they have to do to make the game special, but the question is, can they do it with the current hardware?

With the framework they've set in place for Max Payne 3 the Crew structure is there. To have sort of a Crew interface where everyone meets at a safehouse in a small free roam interior and gets geared up for a big heist before going against others online would feel absolutely cool and add an original aspect never seen before in a multiplayer game. It would be like having a sort of social home base for your Crew prior to getting into the serious business of competing against others. The more that picture forms in my mind the more amazing it sounds.

Imagine as your crew grows in rank and money that that Crew homebase grows and the interior improves with added items, decor and equipment? You'd have a physical sense of your accomplishment (or lack there of) gearing up for multiplayer everyday. Nice.

Other Multiplayer Add Ons

1. Max Payne 3 Rank Acknowledgement:Be it a special symbol, skin, character T-Shirt, a cool DLC Social Club weapon or commemorative monogrammed adult diaper SOMETHING should be done for the loyal fans for time served slagging it out and ranking up in MP3 in a way that shows in GTA V. I imagine Crew ranking to some degree is going to start fresh with GTA V but a solid nod of some kind from Rockstar to those who laid the groundwork for the Crew concept to be a success should be included just the same. To a lesser extent you could even give a nod to Legend Ranks in Red Dead Redemption or 100% players from GTA IV. Continuity is sexy.

2. Crew Rank Structure: I've pitched this idea a few times to your mouth off email and even on the Newswire once or twice, I believe but having special Ranks within the Crews would be very cool and make them feel a bit more special to be a part of. You start with a Crew leader, who would then be able to assign the role of "Captain" to a handful of his best players. This would give those individuals the exclusive ability to actually recruit other players to the crew. From there you could assign "Lieutenant" to loyal players who show potential and may be looking to move up. At the base you'd just have a generic membership, I suppose or maybe a few wacky titles you could pin on people as a sort of hazing process to see if they stick around. "Everyone welcome, Meta Pathos Crew Ranking, Numb Nuts to the Crew"!

This would actually show in the Kill Screen as part of their custom titles or what have you for bragging rights or slight humiliation depending on what end of the food chain they're currently at. I realize "Captain" and "Lieutenant" sound a bit military or mafioso which may not match your theme so feel free to sort out what titles you feel are appropriate.

3. Crew Factions: This ties a bit into the last one in that you could give Crews the option of picking out themes for their Crew that would actually determine their look and Crew title options. Given the location, so many things are possible. Everything from a black or latino based set of gang bangers to a group of old hippie burnout surfers looking to rob a Bank (Point Break), to a group of corrupt police death squad (Training Day) or unlikely group of people coming together for a Heist (Heat, Reservoir Dogs). Maybe a bunch of car jacking street race enthusiasts (Fast & the Furious, Drive) or some down on your their luck Vinewood wannabes that turned to the adult film business to get on camera (Boogie Nights). Seriously, the possibilities here are endless and as serious or comical as you wish to go with them. I say that because Ballad of Gay Tony brought the fun, over the top humor and flashy club scene night life back to GTA in a big way and I'd still like to see that even in a more serious, grown up GTA we can go back to our roots a bit and keep the tone of MP fun and not taking itself overly serious.

I also feel rather than cycling through these faction types as you do in Max Payne 3 the Crew should actually commit to one theme so it becomes a part of their identity. Free Agents who haven't selected a Crew would be free to choose any theme to get a feel for what they prefer and in a generic Free For All Deathmatch you could try on other skins for a laugh but your Crew as a Group should pick a theme and commit to it, possibly unlocking more titles and custom skins as you play within that theme set as you go.

gamister
  • gamister

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:48 PM Edited by Waddy, 16 January 2013 - 04:04 PM.

<snip>

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by Waddy, 16 January 2013 - 04:04 PM.

<snip>

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Biggie Deaf
  • Biggie Deaf

Google me, baby...seriously.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

I agree with most of the posts on here about money issues in previous GTA's. I actually like the idea of the reward of some missions go towards the heist then into your pocket. As long as there are side jobs where you get paid, that concept would really run well.

Hotels, safe houses, cars, clothes; those things can be implimented in a way that doesn't fudge up gameplay.

I been on Mafia II for the last month and I was playing some DLC, and I realized some of the things that was used to spend money on, but for the amount that I was making on some missions was overwelming. But from speeding ticks to bribing the law, to buy gas, car wash, to custom work, spending money was there, its just that the prices we so cheap (its the 40's and 50's, $0.03 for a car wash) that money wasn't a problem.

As long as prices are realistic to the amount that you can get on average in a mission, that would make me appricate money more.

Imagine that you steal that ol' skool drop top and take it to a "chop shop" to legalize it (sorry, I told you I was playing the crap out of Mafia II), and you see hydros, paint, rims, bumper kits, ect., but all you got is 1k, and its $300 for new plates, but over $1500 for that candy red paint, $2k for those hydros, $2700 for the bumper kit, ect., so you do a couple of side missions, save up for the paint and hydros, and boom, you get them and you have that apprication for saving and spending money. Come to find out from switching people in free roam, the next heist can get you a cut of 15k. Well damn, I can fully customize my whip now. So you do the story missions to lead up to the heist, complete it, then get paid. You deck the car out to the way you want it to look, and you damn near spend everything. But you are happy with your car...

...then this SEXY ASS Comet had the nerve to hit your car. You beat up the driver, take the car, get chased by the po po, and realize that this car is a beast, and you want it. So now, you are back at that same chop shop, and spend your $300 to get the plates changed. Then you scroll over to the paint...and for this car, its $3500 for paint, 2k-10k for the range of wheels, and...motor work?! I can make this car FASTER!? $20k??!!? (damnit Mafia II)

Rinse and repeat for side/main missions.

It might not be that way in V...but a brotha can dream...

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Well, Meta, you did asked me for suggestions and I have a few in mind right now.

Linking Crews: At times, there are crews that are associated with one another. Whatever it's a simple alliance, or in GTAForums' case, a number of small crews within the umbrella of a larger crew (GTAF/GTAN), some crews are connected to each other in some way or form. I've pitched to R* a few weeks back the idea of linking crews together so that in the scenario of those linked crews on the opposite sides of each other in a team-based mode, they wouldn't be feuding with one another and in the event where linked crews are on the same team, you can earn a tiny bit of XP for assists (It won't be as much compared to actual crew assists, but XP is XP). Of course, there would be a limit of 4-5 crews that you can link up to.

More Feud Meters: One thing I do hope R* would consider is adding at least two more feud meters during a game. In MP3, it is entirely possible to be feuding with two or more crews on the opposite team and not even realize it because the game only shows one feud battle at a time. Although there are possible disadvantages of having three feud meters on your screen, I don't think it'll be much of an issue to feud-specific crews like GTAF.

I have a few more ideas in mind. I'll check back in later.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

I'm VERY interested in what Rockstar has in store for us where money is concerned. I'm a bit skeptical because there isn't going to be property purchasing and managing. Other than giving us more stuff to buy, i'm just not sure WHAT will give money meaning. It's one thing to make money important during the story missions, but the REAL trick is keeping money an important part of freeroam.

Kyle17
  • Kyle17

The hero Vice City needs, but not the one it wants.

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

One thing they could do is bring back the system from VCS. After you die or get busted, you have to buy back your weapons at an additional price. Instead of loosing them or just keeping them for no reason.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:14 PM Edited by meta187, 17 January 2013 - 05:38 PM.

QUOTE (Kyle17 @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 06:45)
One thing they could do is bring back the system from VCS. After you die or get busted, you have to buy back your weapons at an additional price. Instead of losing them or just keeping them for no reason.

That's certainly a consideration that hasn't been brought up. Having to buy back all your weapons and gear after a failed mission would certainly make you try harder to get it right the first time and add value to those items, assuming you're not the type of guy like myself who goes back to an earlier save.

As an alternative perhaps, you could tie this in to the earlier mentioned home weapons cache idea, where after an arrest you pretty much walk out unarmed, from there you have to return to your home and restock on the weapons from the limited selection there, all of which you bought prior or go to the nearest Ammunation to restock. In the meantime your defenseless so you avoid enemies and police alike, driving a little more careful on the way back to your chosen option.

@Shinsta: I do like the idea of a Crew Alliance option. Both the leaders of 187 and OCPC have spoken with me on that at one time or another and I find it appealing. There just needs to be a formal way for that to be recognized as you suggested.

G-Eazy
  • G-Eazy

Important

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Great thread.
Really love it.

dee8ball
  • dee8ball

*clap... *clap... *clap...

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

So many good ideas in one topic. biggrin.gif

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

rural crime lord & pastor

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Well done.

To me the Economy will make or break V.
In all honesty is what's really missing from GTA.
R* has given us all sort of crazy mission/character/protag/vehicle/location etc... but what we need now is to feel part of an alive underworld.

DzNutz
  • DzNutz

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

I think R* is taking ideas from this forum and that's why it's taking so long to drop a release date.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Imagine wearing lumberjack clothing with a cap going to the countryside to chop some trees with a chainsaw for money. icon14.gif

Or even killing chicken or milking cows and farming. icon14.gif

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

To me the whole idea of 'making money everywhere' (like robbing random armoured trucks that drive around) reminds me of Just Cause 2, where you have plenty of opportunities to destroy things to cause 'Chaos'.

The Hippie
  • The Hippie

I'm gonna be all the way out there...In the Wild!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

A music store where you could purchase a CD or album to be played in your car or safehouse. Just walk on in to the music store, buy a Hendrix album, pop it into my VW Van and away I go. Speaking of vehicles how about this one:

Hopefully, there is car customization. Like really in depth, since we have a guy from Midnight Club LA as a part of the development team.(I only hope he brings the customization to the table and not the actual car physics) I'm hoping we can spend money not only on car exterior and appearance but performance parts as well. A dude like Franklin might have activities such as drag racing, or street racing and spend his money on top dollar performance parts for his car. Then be able to go out and race fools for money and possibly pink slips? Will there be a speedway? Stock car racing? Dragstrip? Funnycars? Top fuelers? Circuits? Off-road racing? Sponsors? Who knows? But since Rockstar mentioned more race like, we should be able to spend money on racing parts.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (The Hippie @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 22:10)
A music store where you could purchase a CD or album to be played in your car or safehouse. Just walk on in to the music store, buy a Hendrix album, pop it into my VW Van and away I go.

SR2 did something like this. Was pretty cool to be honest.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

I would absolutely love the idea of being able to pay money to hire a crew which can be used in various side tasks throughout the game. I would like the system that the Lost and Damned had where you had your crew from the Lost riding along side you in many of the missions and side missions; and as you completed these missions and side missions your crew would gain experience and as such, would eventually become more proficient in fighting - of course, your crew could also die and the problem with that is that you couldn't replace fallen Lost members. So if something similar is to return in GTA V, paying a reasonable sum of money to replace fallen crew members or to hire new crew members (there of course would be an upper limit) would be very welcome.

Following on from the idea of being able to use money to hire crew members to fight alongside you in side missions; the idea of being able to upgrade your crew members as they gain experience would also be a fantastic idea IMO. I'm speaking of a similar system to what has been seen in recent Assassin's Creed games - where your Assassin recruits would gain experience which would build up until they gain a level and when they level up, you could an experience point to upgrade their attack or armor. The system in the Assassin's Creed series is pretty shallow though so for it to be included in GTA V, it would have to be heaps more fleshed out. For example, my thoughts for such a system in GTA V would be the following, your crew members would start off at level one and are able to advance up to level ten. When they level up, you can upgrade their various attributes which could include hitpoints (amount of health/armor), evasion (ability to sneak into places or assassinate specific targets), stamina (ability to escape from danger without tiring), attack (ability to use force), accuracy (ability to hit/snipe targets from a distance) and defense (ability to defend turf and other crew members). Upgrading these attributes would cost experience points as well as money - but it would also mean that you would be able to shape your crew members to your own liking. i.e; a defensive crew member versus a more attacking type. Furthermore, being able to purchase weapons for your crew members would also upgrade their stats based on the weapon. Also, all of the stats wouldn't be able to be maxed out from simply leveling up, either, emphasizing having a good mix of attacking, defensive, accurate and evasive crew members.

But where would the money come to be able to replace, hire and upgrade crew members? Simple. Either send them out across the map to various locations and have them perform various criminal activities such as robberies, heists, vehicle theft, drug sales, etc or as mentioned, partake in side tasks - with or without your crew. Of course, there would obviously be a risk for reward system in play here in that the higher the risk, the bigger the reward if successful. A heist may gain you a lot of money, but you have a high risk of loosing some of your crew members in the process. You could also have your crew take over territory, with the player being able to set up vendors in these territories (not fully fledged businesses, per se, but more of an underground operation) that offer various black market and illegal goods and as such, accumulate money over time, which would allow the player to pump more money into upgrading not only your crew, but also your illegal operations thus earning more money.

Of course, as with anything, taking over territory and setting up black market operations in these territories shouldn't come without risk. A thing that irked me in GTA: San Andreas is that even though the player could own a crapload of territory, there was no satisfaction in it as besides territory being easy to take over, you often felt as though you were doing all of the work with little or no control over your gang, if any at all. The same with GTA: Vice City Stories - there was very little challenge with the business empire system. Having a dynamic system where the frequency and severity of attacks on your territory as you gain more of it and thus build a bigger profile in the city would solve this problem while on the flipside, having very little territory and a low profile would mean that attacks against your territory are minor and infrequent. Yes, you can become rich through acquisition of neighbourhoods throughout the city but don't expect the other criminals overlords in the local area to take kindly to it. When a neighbourhood comes under attack, you can either send your crew out to fix the problem or go there and deal with it personally or do both. Of course, if you send some of your crew out to the attack zone, you risk loosing some of your crew members.

I also really like the idea of being able to break into military bases or any other high security places in order to steal more advanced weaponry, and this is where a highly experienced crew on your side would also come into play as they could be highly beneficial depending on how you choose to upgrade them. A crew member with more attack then other stats would be able to break into high security facilities and break down walls more effectively then someone who is a defensive type. Someone who is more evasive may even be able to find their way into the facility, grab whatever it is you are after, and sneak back out without being seen. Of course, if they are seen; they can't really do much else but surrender.

All in all, I think that the amount of money a protagonist has should influence and be influenced by, the amount of control he has in the city. As more money would mean being able to effectively control more areas, more underground and illegal operations and being able to have more powerful and effective crew members at your disposal.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:25 PM Edited by meta187, 18 January 2013 - 02:54 PM.

@DTUMAN: Good post. I really am a fan of the group option they introduced in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, I think it def adds something to feel like you are operating within a group. I do like the RPG like aspect of having your individual characters level up in skill and ability but again I urge anyone who likes the idea as well who hasn't watched that Freedom Fighters video in the opening post to do so. The way in which you could literally tell each of your squad members to defend, recon (go spot an enemy and return to the group), attack or stay was 2nd to none. It's crazy that such an effective game mechanic hasn't been used since. The closest thing I can think of since may be Battalion Wars on the Nintendo Gamecube but that was more RTS than a 3rd person shooter.

To really and truly having that precise specific control over the positioning and actions of each and every one of your crew members makes a marked difference and gets you a lot more involved in any firefight. I'm sure a bit of that thinking went into the three protaganist mechanic as they've stated they don't want people to feel like there are any dead spots in the mission. You get bored driving, switch to the guy shooting or the guy sniping across the street. There's a lot of potential in that. To have the ability to control a small group outside of Michael, Trevor and Franklin's co-op missions and to have smaller repeatable side tasks for them to do would add a ton of replayability to this game after it's been completed and a good reason to spend and invest money.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Yeah Meta, I did watch the video of Freedom Fighters in your opening post and you are completely right; the squad control mechanic on display here is never used in video games apart from, as you said, pretty much that one time - it is quite saddening in my opinion that great ideas are only used in video games once and are never ever touched on again. If a crew system is added in GTA V, having that level of control over your crew for non-story side tasks (or even in free roam as well) would be simply amazing. It would be certainly handy in prioritizing as well if RPG elements are added to such a crew system (as mentioned in my last post) as you could order your more experienced crew members into the thick of the action while having your less experienced crew members being able to follow their lead and flank their targets. It would certainly add to the overall sense of influence and control that each of the protagonist can possibly have. I also agree, having such tasks would greatly extend the replayability of the game for me as well outside of the story.

Znd
  • Znd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

I've always thought it might be cool if you had ways to make money in GTA that were conventional, and mundane even. Things that are more true to life. Regular jobs at offices, stores, restaurants, bars, theaters...maybe some trade-oriented gigs like plumbing, carpentry, mechanics, massage therapy...

Some people might say "Why? That's boring."

I don't think it is, because if you still have the nefarious ways & criminal trades we're used to in GTA, it creates a nice contrast. A contrast that says you can do the things you don't like doing in real life, but when they are packaged within a world that is imaginary, where there are much more options and where nothing is permanent, they become fun, because they further immerse you into the world by making it so familiar and relatable.

And if you really wanted to, you could create your own kind of narrative outside of the one rockstar has created about crime...your narrative could be how you got into crime...or how you got out of it.

Maybe at first, you're not doing big missions with the other 2 characters that much. Maybe you're just going to work, washing dishes or working at some gas station, but you gradually choose to do more and more of your other job, which may be drug dealing, or burglary.

Or maybe, you've been doing a lot of missions, a lot of crime, a lot of dirt, but you are used to that kind of world and those kinds of choices, and you've seen a lot in it, and even in this video game world which tends to trigger our ids a lot and not trigger our consciences, or our fear of consequences, you just crave a relative peace, like most people do in real life.

Those are all things that are applicable to this game, but in the future, I think they could take this whole concept of the user being able to control and create a whole other narrative outside the main storyline.

You could make your character struggle with a drug or alcohol addiction, which could alter their mental and emotional states, their mannerisms, and eventually their appearance.

You could have a whole circle of friends and family, but you could make choices that would effect your relationships with them, and they would each have their own personalities, which would cause you to react differently to each of them, and then they would react to your reactions. So maybe you think you have a lousy friend or family member and you're rude or short to them, and they're angry and resentful of you?

Oh, so many ideas I need to stop before I get carried away. I really wish I could be a conceptual advisor in the video game world.

XxPhillies26xX
  • XxPhillies26xX

"The future is in your hands"

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

@meta187 excellent post probably one the best post I have read on here. Everyone on this post has great ideas I just wanna say keep up the good work smile.gif icon14.gif . I sent a email to rockstar about this post. I'm sure they are still working on multiplayer they will be happy to read some of the ideas everyone came up with. Keep up the good work everybody biggrin.gif .

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by meta187, 18 January 2013 - 05:42 PM.

QUOTE (Znd @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 15:03)
I've always thought it might be cool if you had ways to make money in GTA that were conventional, and mundane even. Things that are more true to life. Regular jobs at offices, stores, restaurants, bars, theaters...maybe some trade-oriented gigs like plumbing, carpentry, mechanics, massage therapy...

Some people might say "Why? That's boring."

I don't think it is, because if you still have the nefarious ways & criminal trades we're used to in GTA, it creates a nice contrast. A contrast that says you can do the things you don't like doing in real life, but when they are packaged within a world that is imaginary, where there are much more options and where nothing is permanent, they become fun, because they further immerse you into the world by making it so familiar and relatable.

In a way that really sounds like a modern day version of what they tried to do with Fable. Outside of adventuring in every village and town you could do menial tasks like chopping wood, cooking, making armor and playing music to generate revenue as you have full freedom in those games to engage in heroic or evil activities. I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea or boring but I can see the argument being made that it pulls away from the theme of the game which is crime at the end of the day. Still, from this end, I wouldn't be opposed to it aside from knowing that typically such activities function as mini games and require the same resources and coding that the more expected and fundamental aspects of the game take up.

And if you really wanted to, you could create your own kind of narrative outside of the one rockstar has created about crime...your narrative could be how you got into crime...or how you got out of it.

Maybe at first, you're not doing big missions with the other 2 characters that much. Maybe you're just going to work, washing dishes or working at some gas station, but you gradually choose to do more and more of your other job, which may be drug dealing, or burglary.

Or maybe, you've been doing a lot of missions, a lot of crime, a lot of dirt, but you are used to that kind of world and those kinds of choices, and you've seen a lot in it, and even in this video game world which tends to trigger our ids a lot and not trigger our consciences, or our fear of consequences, you just crave a relative peace, like most people do in real life.

Those are all things that are applicable to this game, but in the future, I think they could take this whole concept of the user being able to control and create a whole other narrative outside the main storyline .

You could make your character struggle with a drug or alcohol addiction, which could alter their mental and emotional states, their mannerisms, and eventually their appearance.

You could have a whole circle of friends and family, but you could make choices that would effect your relationships with them, and they would each have their own personalities, which would cause you to react differently to each of them, and then they would react to your reactions. So maybe you think you have a lousy friend or family member and you're rude or short to them, and they're angry and resentful of you?

Oh, so many ideas I need to stop before I get carried away. I really wish I could be a conceptual advisor in the video game world.

I think a knee jerk reaction to such an in depth level of interactions and even addressing the main protaganists emotional state would be to dismiss this as you're suggesting Rockstar should create a Sim.

I've heard time and time again on this very board that people don't want to play Grand Theft Sims or something similar whenever people start breaking things down to mundane daily functions and maintaining your characters mood and so forth. I would argue that that level of detail and interaction isn't a bad idea at all, it really carries things forward but within this generation of consoles it isn't practical when you consider once again all the scripting, coding and money that has to be spent simply to create these simple every day functions we take for granted.

Say I want my character to be able to in a very realistic way eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast. He needs to walk to the fridge and open the door (script), he then needs to pull out a gallon of milk, (script) he then needs to retrieve a bowl from the cupboard (script), sit at a table, (script) pour the milk without spilling it (script) and eat the ceral with a spoon (script). From there he may wash his dish (script) or put them in the dishwasher (script) and return the food items to their respective places in the kitchen (script). Every bit of that has to be designed and paid for, it adds something to the game, certainly a bit of immersion to be sure but add that and a hundred other every day things into what is already one of the most expensive and lengthily produced game series being made to date and we start to lose our way.

Within this generation of consoles there's a real "choose your battles" mentaility when it comes to Open World Games. Does it add something to the narrative or theme? Does it work properly? Hell, is it even fun to do? Those are the central factors that have to be considered when deadlines start to meet their end and budgets are being met within game production.

Maybe one day a few console jumps from now, you will come home to your apartment from a hard day's work turn on your tele or monitor and then come home to your other apartment, switch on the tele in that world, watch some programs and then step outside and go off to be as chaotic or mundane as you choose to be but we're not quite there yet. Online Games like 2nd Life are attempting to have that level of interaction and immersion but they start to feel very fake, very fast a day or so in. But, like someone said on the last page, "A brotha can dream".

@DTUMAN: It sounds like you get it. You're actually picturing it now and the wide variety of things you could do with such a mechanic. Hope others are paying attention on this one in time.

@Phillies & everyone else: Thanks for the support and positive feedback. At this time I have submitted a link to this thread to Rockstar MouthOff, Rockstar GTAV Crew Suggestions, R* Facebook & Twitter, Rockstar Newswire and Lazlow Jones. Thanks for emailing them as well. It is my ardent wish that the people making our favorite game in the world would take one last look at some of the simple things discussed here that could be fixed or tweaked before finally putting a lid on production of this latest installment. If not in the main game, possibly an upcoming DLC. No reasonable suggestion should be off the table at this point.

From your collective lips to GAWDS ears then. Let's hope someone up in Rockstar North's Ivory Tower is paying attention, eh? sly.gif

XxPhillies26xX
  • XxPhillies26xX

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

biggrin.gif no problem @meta I messaged Jeronimo Barrera on Facebook about this post it says it was seen at 12:13 pm so hopefully he took the time to read this.

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by Waingro, 18 January 2013 - 07:59 PM.

First: Jesus Christ there's adults with well articulated comments on this forum! Hooray! These are all wonderful ideas and move the concept of money forward. I wasn't a big fan of the Scarface game, but it would be cool if there were non-weapon based purchases available that also fit the individual character. Fancy furniture or something for Michael, membership to a strip club for Franklin, some sort of conspiracy paraphernalia for Trevor. I also believe it will be necessary for players to have a certain amount of money before taking on the next missions?

Second: Slightly off topic, but I'm interested in setting up a crew now for future use in GTA V specifically for MP heists etc. If anyone here is on Xboxlive and still plays GTA IV , I'd love to "practice" within their MP "story" modes (The airport game, the armored car heist etc) or on the co-op RDR story games. Five or six people with a mature outlook looking to really be a formidable crew in Spring 2013.

I'm talking:

-Practicing code phrases
-Drilling for flanking maneuvers and providing cover fire
-Taking turns switching between cars/getaway driver
-Setting up choke points

Message me, I guess?

Omega Masta
  • Omega Masta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

with money being such a big issue.. being hit for being a bad driver would be nice.. like midnite club LA.. being caught by the police for speeding running red lights.. messing up ur car.. even if u have to do a tune up on cars here and there.. and there should be a crew bank.. and during events.. crew money can be used to buy vehilces, weapons, clothing for the crew...we know making money is going to be easyh.. we juss got know how to spend it

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Omega Masta @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 14:49)
with money being such a big issue.. being hit for being a bad driver would be nice.. like midnite club LA.. being caught by the police for speeding running red lights.. messing up ur car.. even if u have to do a tune up on cars here and there.. and there should be a crew bank.. and during events.. crew money can be used to buy vehilces, weapons, clothing for the crew...we know making money is going to be easyh.. we juss got know how to spend it

Right on. Crews should feel like crews. Crew banks, money, rivalries, even turf if Rockstar can find a way to make it so. If your crew is focused on protecting your profits by selling drugs, then it should have crew members who will defend the crew from opponents who are trying to sell their drugs in the same market. If your crew is more into heists, your crew should spend money from the crew bank to fund the heist, masks, weapons, get away cars, smoke, ect. I would be sad if Rockstar just made crews based around XP and XP only.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:53 PM Edited by meta187, 18 January 2013 - 10:36 PM.

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 21:06)
It would be sad if Rockstar just made crews based around XP and XP only.

That's actually a legitimate issue currently. The top three Crews in the 200 to 300 member Division in Social Club (LXGC, The Agency, MATA) right now have GARBAGE stats and generally sucky players with the exception of a few choice members. However, they do have several active members playing constantly simply accumulating XP on a daily basis so they've risen to the top by default with no real merit like an entry level public open enrollment Rockstar Crew. Feud Win percentage is everything to GTAF's Crew and the only thing we respect as a symbol of how consistantly well you play. XP says nothing but the bulk of your crew don't have school or a job to go to during the day.

XxPhillies26xX
  • XxPhillies26xX

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:46 PM Edited by XxPhillies26xX, 18 January 2013 - 10:57 PM.

I got a email from Rockstar about the post. biggrin.gif icon14.gif user posted image

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Good lookin, Phillies. icon14.gif

Hopefully the right folks get a look in here at some point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users