Photo

GTA VC Ultimate Challenge.

12 replies to this topic
Ermac.
  • Ermac.

4 Real

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:29 PM Edited by mr6plow9, 15 January 2013 - 12:52 AM.

Ground Rules:
-No cheats
-No mods or tools that assist in your favor
-No proofed vehicles (Diaz's Admiral comes to mind)
-No use of the tank, skimmer, or helicopter unless it is required in a step
-You may switch cars if necessary
-Have fun!

Step 1. First, obtain 4 stars at the Ocean Beach Safehouse.

Step 2. Once you have 4 stars, drive to the Hyman Condo Safehouse Dowtown while being pursued by the Vice City SWAT. From there, get your wanted level to 5 stars. (be careful not to pick up the bribe in the alleyway, or else you will have to obtain that star again before continuing!)

Step 3. After acquiring your fifth star, turn around and head south to the airport with the FBI hot on your heels. When you arrive, you must complete the Wave stunt jump, thus landing on the airport terminal.

Step 4. While you are on top of the terminal, raise your wanted level to six stars.

Step 5. Jump, fall, or drive off of the terminal and head to the North Point Mall in Vice Point while on six stars. You are not allowed to use the main road that takes you from the docks to downtown (i.e. the large 2 lane roads that are separated by palm trees) which makes dodging Rhinos and Barracks OLs much more difficult.

Step 6. When you have arrived at the mall, go inside and run past the hordes of policemen and head to the parking garage via the exit at the north side of the mall.

Step 7. Steal a vehicle of your choice on the uppermost floors (no going below to try your luck) and exit the carpark by using the impromptu ramp in the southeastern corner. From there, drive to the VCN bulding.

Step 8. Now it's time to test your flying skills. Head to the roof of the VCN buliding and steal the VCN Maverick. Now you must fly underneath all the bridges that connect the 2 islands. (for Prawn Island and Starfish Island, you only need to fly under 1 of your choice.)

Step 9. After flying underneath the bridges, go to Leaf links and land (or crash) near any of the holes, then make your way to the entrance.

Step 10. From there, steal the Comet that is outside the club and head over to the Ocean Bay Marina. On the way, you must swap out your Comet (or whatever vehicle you are driving if the Comet is destroyed) for a tank.

Step 11. When you reach the Marina, steal either a Marquis or a Rio and set sail for the Film Studio on Prawn island. However, before you pass Starfish Island, you must steal another moving boat and sail the rest of the way.

Step 12. For the final step, you must take flight in the Skimmer, fly through the lowest hole in the building seen in G-Spotlight Downtown (the one you land on after going through the office window), and then lose your six star wanted level anyway you see fit to complete the challenge.

This is not a final draft by any means, I am open for suggestions on how to make this challenge better without making it impossible or easy. I will record myself doing (and hopefully completing) this challenge soon. I will add pictures to aid the steps better soon as well.

Post your results and findings here, and if you can, record your runs! I look forward to watching some awesome gameplay!

The creation of this challenge was inspired by the GTA III Ultimate Challenge created by Sonic Marmalade.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by MrMateczko, 09 January 2013 - 06:49 PM.

Step 5 is kinda weird for me, it means that we can use any bridge and any road in the East Island?
Also Step 9 can be cheated by landing directly in front of the entrance, since it's a part of Leaf Links.

I would add riding the Marquis from the Pier, with 6 stars and massive amount of Predators, between steps 10 and 11.

Also players would search for the boat for the last step near the Viceport, making the distance for the Boatyard very little.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

4 Real

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Thanks for the feedback MrMateczko, it is duly noted. colgate.gif

For step 5, yes you can use any bridge or road on the east island. The reason why I chose to disallow the road from Viceport to Downtown is because that takes away the challenge of driving to the mall on six stars. Due to it being a straightaway, it makes it a breeze to get to North Point.

I have modified step 9 in order to make sure the player lands inside the Leaf Links Golf Course, and have also altered steps 10, 11, and 12 in order to include your suggestion (with a difficult twist) of using a Marquis to sail against the many Predators that inhibit the water on six stars (albeit the player can opt to use the Rio if they wish).

Don't forget to give it a try, firsthand experiences will help in making this better! biggrin.gif

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Now it looks better, I might try it.
Stupid question: Ocean Beach Safehouse, means Ocean Heights Apartment, or Ocean View Hotel?

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

4 Real

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 10:12)
Now it looks better, I might try it.
Stupid question: Ocean Beach Safehouse, means Ocean Heights Apartment, or Ocean View Hotel?

Ocean View Hotel.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Oh, thanks. I've tried to do this challenge already, and I didn't make it. Still need training for the two last steps. It's amazing how VC's police is so much more brutal than SA's one.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:54 AM Edited by Urban Legend, 26 January 2013 - 06:52 PM.

You can make a movie outta this! And I might do that If I can complete the challenge. A few questions though...what can I start with? I gotta see what my armor and health ratings are right now...and then how about weapons? I understand you said no cheats but what if we were to start by entering just one of the 3(?) weapon cheat codes? Or do I start with just a pair of brass knucks? cool.gif

---

Edit: Soo It took nearly an hour of playing to realize that this challenge is not possible from the start of a new game. I kept jumping to the 2nd island from the Film Studio, would get to the Hyman Condo and blow up a few cars with molotovs and sh*t and then be like HOW DO I STILL HAVE 4 F'IN STARS?!?!!?

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Nice challenge, might give it a go soon smile.gif Couple questions though:

1 - What if during this challenge we lose a star not using bribes or nothing? (Can't remember if this happens in VC but it does in SA).

2 - What if the Comet doesn't spawn? From memory, i remember not being able to find it there sometimes.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

4 Real

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. In response to your questions tony-resta, you can't lose Wanted Level when crossing certain areas like in SA, and if you do accidentally pick up a bribe, you must regain the star you lost before you continue with the next step. If the Comet does not spawn outside Leaf Links (which would be rare, because it seems to spawn almost infallibly if you are coming from inside the course), then you can steal another vehicle or just steal a tank straightaway and go to the Marina.

I have a video coming up of me attempting the challenge and failing due to lack of preparation, but for now here's a video of subsequent attempts ending in rage-inducing failure. Hope you enjoy.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

I guess I'll be the first one to complete this challenge. Just you wait.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

This is a bit tricky. I was able to get only to the airport with the FBI. My XS caught fire and it blasted...No time to bail out too...

Anyways I'm trying again...

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

4 Real

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Here's my full first recorded attempt. I was so close to beating it but I was ill-equipped and wasn't careful, which led to my downfall.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

4 Real

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:31 PM Edited by mr6plow9, 26 April 2013 - 08:29 PM.

By far, the hardest part would have to be navigating the Rio or Marquis to the Film Studio aka Step 11. Not only are there the constant threats of Police Predators (which aren't too difficult to destroy, it's more so their frequency that is the problem), but the annoying and highly deadly Police Mavericks that will blow your slow ass vessel to coffin wood.

The tank portions in this challenge are significantly easier than in the GTA III Ultimate Challenge because the spawns are much less unforgiving. For example, tanks usually never spawn around a corner that you are about to take which happens all too often in III. They also spawn on the right side of the road most often, allowing you to pass them with ease. The police AI on foot are a lot easier to deal with as well. All forms of law enforcement shoot like storm troopers if you run away, unlike in III where they home in on you like robots (because they are).

Hope to see more people attempting this challenge! Happy gaming. smile.gif

Playlist of my failed attempts: http://www.youtube.c...feature=mh_lolz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users