Photo

Possible New Easter Egg

11 replies to this topic
The Big Smoke
  • The Big Smoke

Just ignore the bodies

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hey, forumers! GTA IV has been out for a long time now, but I think I found a small easter egg that hasn't been covered yet.

The egg is located in East Hook, aboard the Platypus. This is the same cargo ship that Niko came to Liberty City in, and is the setting for the mission "Dish Best Served Cold". On board, are several wooden crates with some text.

To those that don't speak Russian, the text reads "Warning: Radioactive Material, Nuclear Program 78. Do not damage the seal". More importantly, there is a date printed on the crates (also in Russian): October 28th.

Before being delayed to April 2008, GTA IV's target release date was late October, 2007. I believe that these crates allude to the game's original release date. This makes sense, considering the game started on board the ship, don't you think?

Feel free to check this out yourself. If you think this isn't an easter egg, please speak up!

pinkwolf14
  • pinkwolf14

awesome

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

cool

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

I'm fairly certain GTA IV's original release date was October 16th 2007. Cool find nonetheless.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

As crazy as it may seem now, on May 9, 2006, GTA IV was announced with an exact release date of October 16, 2007.

The Big Smoke
  • The Big Smoke

Just ignore the bodies

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

Huh, I guess Rockstar did announce an exact October date. Still, a part of me feels that the 28th was the target release date at the time when they designed this part of the map (I'm guessing Broker was the first thing they made). Especially since every GTA game before IV came out around that time. Unfortunately there's no way to confirm this.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

I didn't know that? Well that's a pretty interesting find there man. icon14.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

Interesting. I'll check it out next time I'm near East Hook.

The Wereodile
  • The Wereodile

Everyone is dumb.

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (The Big Smoke @ Wednesday, Jan 9 2013, 00:15)
Huh, I guess Rockstar did announce an exact October date. Still, a part of me feels that the 28th was the target release date at the time when they designed this part of the map (I'm guessing Broker was the first thing they made). Especially since every GTA game before IV came out around that time. Unfortunately there's no way to confirm this.

I doubt the 28th was original intended date. The 28th was a Sunday, and games pretty much never come out over the weekend. I think it's a coincidence, or just a reference to the original month.

LUCAGRABACR
  • LUCAGRABACR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:51 PM Edited by LUCAGRABACR, 13 January 2013 - 06:12 PM.

I searched on Google and it seems like October 28 is the end of the Cuban missile crisis happened on 1962

Wikipedia
theguardian

This is interesting, since in the BBC documentary films titled Nuclear Secrets - Part 1 - The Spy from Moscow it is suggested edit: sorry, reported (the film is based on declassified CIA & KGB files and eye-witness accounts) that the First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Nikita Khrushchev, was planning to launch a huge amount of medium-range missiles from Cuba to the US soil. And guess what? The missiles were delivered to Cuba by using cargo ships.

So maybe it's suggesting that the Platypus was one of the ships used to deliver short-range missiles to Cuba?

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (LUCAGRABACR @ Sunday, Jan 13 2013, 17:51)
I searched on Google and it seems like October 28 is the end of the Cuban missile crisis happened on 1962

Wikipedia
theguardian

This is interesting, since in the BBC documentary films titled Nuclear Secrets - Part 1 - The Spy from Moscow it is suggested edit: sorry, reported (the film is based on declassified CIA & KGB files and eye-witness accounts) that the First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Nikita Khrushchev, was planning to launch a huge amount of medium-range missiles from Cuba to the US soil. And guess what? The missiles were delivered to Cuba by using cargo ships.

So maybe it's suggesting that the Platypus was one of the ships used to deliver short-range missiles to Cuba?

This definetly could be possible. It actually seems like this could be what the date is reffering to. It's great that you took the time to research this.

LUCAGRABACR
  • LUCAGRABACR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Sunday, Jan 13 2013, 18:45)
This definetly could be possible. It actually seems like this could be what the date is reffering to. It's great that you took the time to research this.

Thanks, I guess I just watched too many documentary films. smile.gif

The Big Smoke
  • The Big Smoke

Just ignore the bodies

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (LUCAGRABACR @ Sunday, Jan 13 2013, 17:51)

Wikipedia
theguardian

Very interesting bit of info, LUCAGRABACR cookie.gif . Thanks for providing a different point of view, a Cuban Missile Crisis reference seems much more plausible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users