Photo

Picking up Kate for a date in a garbage truck

2 replies to this topic
Sir Zotalot
  • Sir Zotalot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

Seeing how GTA V will be out soon, I guess this bit of info is way past its use by date. However, I could not find any mention of this glitch via Google, so I'll add it to the mix in case some one decides to replay GTA 4 and wants to check it out.

Like most, I didn't like Kate very much as a girlfriend. In some ways she was more dysfunctional than Niko and dumped him after Roman's death toward the end of the game, so when I was playing GTA 4 a second time, I decided to show Kate just how much I appreciated her personality by collecting her in a garbage truck from her place of work for a date. When I pulled up and she got into the truck, we were suddenly and mysteriously teleported in the truck to the roof top of the adjacent building and once there, I could not drive the truck off the building, nor could I get out and jump off the roof. I had to restart the game to continue.

Please be advised that I only tried this once, so can't guarantee it always happens like that, although I thought it was pretty funny under the circumstances. (Game designer's punishment for treating Kate like garbage? I wonder...)

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

That does sound.kind of weird. Never tried this. But then again I barely made Niko go out with that cow.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

It was probably just a one-off thing, I doubt it would happen every time. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users