» «
Photo

Lana Del Rey

20 replies to this topic
danjodan
  • danjodan

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:00 PM Edited by danjodan, 06 January 2013 - 12:05 PM.

user posted image
Elizabeth Woolridge Grant (born June 21, 1986), better known by her stage name Lana Del Rey, is an American singer-songwriter.
user posted image

user posted image

Anyone else a fan? smile.gif

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:29 PM Edited by ludi911, 06 January 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Maby im not big fan but I like her.
The only thing that worries me is that because of masive popularity she may no longer do anything interesting, each new album will be a clone of the old one that sold good.
(it happens often) I hoppe that wont happen this time smile.gif

danjodan
  • danjodan

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (ludi911 @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 12:29)
Maby im not big fan but I like her.
The only thing that worries me is that because of masive popularity she may no longer do anything interesting, each new album will be a clone of the old one that sold good.
(it happens often) I hoppe that wont happen this time smile.gif

But more of the same isn't always a bad thing smile.gif

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

I mainly listen to all kinds of electronic, with one exception. Lana Del Rey.
There's just something about her. She's got such a different style than any other modern pop musician. Maybe it's also the fact that she writes so much about her own life that after you listen to the lyrics you almost feel like you know her. She writes especially about her boyfriend who died/left her/went to jail/i don't really even know. It's one big mystery but it's in almost every one of her songs.

You should also check out the album Sirens that she made when she was 17ish and still went by the name May Jailer. It's all on YouTube.

Some of my favourites. I believe a few of them are unreleased.

Tyler
  • Tyler

This is gonna take crackerjack timing, Wang.

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

She's got a unique brand on her music that makes her songs sound like a different genre, but when it comes down to it she's just really good pop. I like most of Born to Die and although she's not my favorite singer out there, it'd be stupid to deny that she has talent for what she does.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Born to Die is going to be played at my funeral, and Video Games at my wedding. I get mad feels from both of those songs.

I was doing some temp work for the Salvation Army over the holidays, and I was a bell-ringer at a couple stores (mostly Kmart). It was cold as balls (being December in Minnesota, after all) and I was bundled way the hell up, wearing a big ol' furry hat. I was listening to music the entire time, in one ear, while exchanging pleasantries with passing customers. There was a handful of albums that I listened to every damn day, and Born to Die was the one I most thoroughly enjoyed. Every day for two weeks. I almost got sick of it. Almost...
  • Ros likes this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

Should this be in the music section?? Anyways I have never heard of her, sounds decent though

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 05:05)
Should this be in the music section?

Where else would it go? She's a musician, this is the music section, it seems rather suited.

I used to love this woman. I listened to Kill Kill quite often and loved every track, but then something changed and I just ended up finding her quite irritating. I tried to like it again but I just didn't feel the same. When Born To Die came out I listened to it instantly and found that I liked it, but nothing more. This too eventually became annoying after a while. I think, for me, she just has an expiry date. The same thing happened with Bat For Lashes and a few others. Sometimes the first few times are great but then it just hits a wall, the music becomes predictable and it's just not enjoyable anymore.

It's a damn shame that this can happen to some artists but that's just the way it is. I still love the woman as she actually puts effort into her stuff and at least tries to be different which, in this day and age, is a rather brave thing to do in the media business.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:41 AM Edited by kudoboi, 17 January 2013 - 11:55 AM.

yea she's deff one of the more unique singers out there

her itunes festival performance is a huge improvement from her previous live performances.. i remembered watching one of her performances on SNL and it was just plain terrible. those performances seemed to have been removed from almost everywhere
im not sure if that was just her being nervous but it did sound terrible

itunes festival performance:

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

I love her voice, definitely one of my favourite singers , I think she is gorgeous too. inlove.gif

Itachi Uchiha
  • Itachi Uchiha

Let's Rock

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

Lana Del Rey it's ok i like her songs Summertime Sadness is my fav.song, it also is featured in radio in poland
  • theGTAking101 likes this

shotta887
  • shotta887

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

im a fan she looks too good to be tru and i love her videos and some of the songs

I Hate CACs
  • I Hate CACs

#1 GTA Forums Member

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

I used to not f*ck with this bitch because I thought she was some typical hipster chick, nothing special and then I heard that corny ass "My pussy tastes like Pepsi cola" line and stopped listening to the song.

But last night one of my friends was showing me all the Lana she had on her iPod and she's great. I'm surprised she's not bigger than she currently is at the moment.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

She's a lazy Fiona Apple knockoff that has a quarter the soul and twice the forced laissez-faire "I'm so cool" attitude, but poppier.

• Lagful likes this

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

I really dig the production and 1960s influenced instrumentals to some of her songs (Driving in Cars With Boys  for example). But yeah, she is not a good singer.

Jeone
  • Jeone

question authority

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

I spoke to her once when I was trolling a Justin beiber video

Ros
  • Ros

Winterfell Royalty

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

I LOVE Lana Del Rey. Love her music, love her style, love her face, I just love everything. The tracks this beautiful woman makes are all so lovely. Pawn Shop Blues, Teenage Wasteland, Gods & Monsters, National Anthem, Ride... the list goes on.

I also really like how she flat out stated recently that she doesn't even know if she will make another album. Really goes to show that's she in it to make quality music & not some autotuned trash that all sounds the same (Lady Gaga, anyone?).

Has anyone else seen what a sweetheart she is to her fans? More musicians should genuinely recognize that their fans are the reason for their success, instead of just running to their car & driving off without taking a few pictures or signing a couple albums. Quite a few other artists could learn a thing or two from Miss Del Rey.

ahmadjufri
  • ahmadjufri

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

ANAL LED YER

• theGTAking101 and Ros like this

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:16 AM

I got a song sent to me by a friend a couple of months ago; I think it was Gods and Monsters. Ever since then I've adored Lana for her beauty and her fantastic talent. Blue Jeans is my favourite so far

I've been hearing rumours that she's thinking about retiring from her music career after this movie. I hope she has had or will have a change of heart. It's be sad to lose such talent.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

What a Babe.

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Love her. I'd f*ck her, I swear I would.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users