Cesar Vialpando

7 replies to this topic
sfeelr
  • sfeelr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Hi

Im still early into the game, and have been playing it for a month or so.

I completed all the local quests Big Smoke, Sweet and Ryder, and found that I had nothing left to do. Having nosed around online for a bit, I found that I should have received a quest from Cesar Vialpando after completing his first low rider mission, but I didn't receive the phone call that you're supposed to receive.

So I started again, and got to same stage to make sure I didnt miss anything, and I still haven't received the high stakes, low rider mission which I need to move on to the next stage.

Am I missing something? I went back home, entered my house, no phone call, drove around for a bit, no phone call etc etc, so I can't carry on until I get this additional quest (I think)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

The mission is unlocked right after you complete 'Cesar Vialpando'. Are you sure there's no CV icon on the map? Try going to Cesar's house in El Corona and see if there's a mission start marker there.

Or if you're on PC, you can upload your savefile at GTASnP and post the link here so that someone can have a look at your save.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

People used to have a problem with this mission not appearing because of a problem with an early release of the Hot Coffee mod. More recently the same problem can occur by trying to unlock the other islands early using a save editor or cleo mod. You can usually tell if this is the problem easily enough by swimming across to Flint Intersection near Santa Maria beach. If CJ doesn't get a 4 star wanted level by the time he reaches the trailer park then you've got a problem. Another clue is if the gym icons are not placed on the map by your current stage of the game - the gyms may also remain locked, I can't remember for sure now. Also, the properties in the countryside (Dillimore, Palomino Creek, etc) and desert regions will be available for purchase (green or bought). Normally they are still unavailable at this point in the game.

Anyway, if this is the problem then you are probably best off starting again without whatever is unlocking the other islands early. I know how to fix the problem but I don't have a computer that can run SA well enough to affect a repair. However, if you have some experience with cleo coding, or think you can talk someone in the modding forum to make a fix for you, then the post listed below might be able to provide enough information to make a repair.

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1060271958

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Is your game PC or console?
You are playing with the installation DVD in the drive?
You or someone else hasn't modded the game?
Which version did you buy?

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

You have to be standing out of a vehicle for the phone call to take effect. I went and checked it out. Cesar calls after exactly 15 ingame minutes (about 15 seconds)

sfeelr
  • sfeelr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

@ Girish, I didn't have the CV icon and there was no mission waiting for me at what I thought his house was, considering it was the first time i've played this I had to guess.

@ Orion, after checking what the "hot coffee" mod was, I can say that I don't have that, but it seems interesting lol.gif I had gym icons on my map though.

@lil weasel, i'm running the game on PC, and i'm using an image of the DVD, but I have the DVD somewhere. I haven't modded the game or applied any cheats, and i'm not too sure what version I have, didn't realise ther were different versions.

@AussieThunder, after researching a bit, I got back into my car after completing Cesar Vialpando mission the second time and got out again and walked out, and all that happened was that Mexicans started shooting me... i walked around for longer than 15 seconds.

Anyway, on a side note, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it from scratch, and now i'm running off the DVD rather than the image I made, I have just completed Cesar Vialpando again, and this time I got the call, so it seems to be working now, although I don't know what was wrong with it

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

The Disc game is supposed to be played with the DVD. When you played without the the DVD you used a 'Crack' (image), which is a mod. And cracks can interfer with game play, as you found. Anytime the programming is changed unusual effects may occur.
Nice to see your back in the game icon14.gif

AdvanceTrak RSC
  • AdvanceTrak RSC

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Try and start the game over?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users