Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did you ever find Grand Theft Auto IV Hard?

22 replies to this topic
Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Since Grand Theft Auto IV was a brand new title and a new beginning of it's Grand Theft Auto HD universe. Did you ever find Grand Theft Auto IV hard to play for the first time in your gaming history? Well to be honest, I kind of really sucked in the first mission and by the fact; it was my 2nd PS3 video game and it was damn frustrating to play the game at all times. But a few weeks after, I felt really good at it! wink.gif

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

I had trouble to start with so I just change the controls to classic

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Back in 2008 it was. I've gotten used to it now.

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

Yardies Co-Leader

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

No tbh. I found it quite easy even in '08 and now it's just way too easy! I was actually surprised that IV is that easy since the other GTA titles are quite challenging.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

I find GTA IV a bit underrated in terms of difficulty. The GTA III era was hard in its day, but these days it's not that hard.

GTA IV introduced cover which ridded that out in the open style of the old games and car chases are more scripted however I wouldn't say it's "easy" overall.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

I would say it was too easy. There was no challenge to it like there was in previous games.

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

I gotta agree with

The only mission i failed when i first time played IV story was the last mission where you had to crab yourself into helicopter. sneaky2.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

IV was easier to play for me but mainly because I got better at playing games in general. If IV was one of my first games I've played, I would be frustrated at the difficulty of the game. The easing of some negative consequences, like getting wasted and instant mission replay, definitely makes IV easier than past GTAs. But other consequences, like getting thrown out of your car or motorcycle, and vastly improved enemy and police AI, make the game more challenging.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I found GTA IV a bit hard when I played it during the early stages for the very first time, but that was only because I was trying to get used to the newer controls and vehicle handling of the game. After that, it was not really that hard, but it was not exactly very easy either. Some parts were very easy, some parts were just in the middle, and some parts were very hard. It was nice mix if you ask me.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Turn off auto-aim and you are gonna be in a world of pain

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 23:29)

Not really. It's easy without auto-aim.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 08:03)
I found GTA IV a bit hard when I played it during the early stages for the very first time, but that was only because I was trying to get used to the newer controls and vehicle handling of the game. After that, it was not really that hard, but it was not exactly very easy either. Some parts were very easy, some parts were just in the middle, and some parts were very hard. It was nice mix if you ask me.

Agreed. I think it balances the line of easy and hard quite well. To be honest I found some of the vigilante missions to be quite hard when the levels went up.

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

I also agree with Official General and Miamivicecity I think it balances of the GTA IV with easy and hard at times it was good for the game.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

It's only hard when you have to wrestle with the sh*t cover cover controls or when the extremely buggy euphoria does something stupid. Other than that, the game is pathetically easy, the easiest GTA ever made really.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 22:29)

If you struggle without AA, god knows how you'd cope if the mini map was switched off.

I found IV to be quite easy to be honest. Sure there were a couple of missions that presented a challenge (Snowstorm and A Revenger's Tragedy spring to mind), but all in all there wasn't really too much in the story that really caused me any frustration. The cover system made it easy to preserve health, while ammo was far too easy to stock up on, even when in the missions. As for the police, they were little more than a minor annoyance.

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

The cover system makes it easy for me.

Mob_Boss
  • Mob_Boss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Finding the flying rats was the hardest in the game for me.

pinkwolf14
  • pinkwolf14

awesome

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

yah its hard

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Finished the storyline with free-aim and and no cheats. Well being honest I used auto-aim in the last mission because it was time consuming using free-aim on a part of the mission I had to repeat 7 times as I couldn't successfully chase Dimitri in his chopper without being blown up.

The funny thing is the hardest part of the game for me was completing QUB3d, I eventually got it.

GTA IV is easy enough for me but I'm maybe slightly better than the average player seeing as how I dominant races and multiplayer.

albanyave
  • albanyave

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

GTA IV was the first in the series that I played and I thought the game was balanced pretty good. Some missions were quite easy and that felt good to have some success fairly quickly. On the other hand, there were some missions that just down right fustrated me.

I've played through the game 3 times now.

iTRiP
  • iTRiP

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:03 AM Edited by iTRiP, 27 June 2014 - 08:55 AM.

GTA iv can definitifly be hard or brutal or worse, just like any other game ...

Pedjcev
  • Pedjcev

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (Mob_Boss @ Tuesday, Jan 8 2013, 00:41)
Finding the flying rats was the hardest in the game for me.

Wait... did you found all of them without using a map!?

The hardest part on Single Player was... hmmm... well, really can't remember it. Btw in Multiplayer the Fly The Co-op trophy required some skills.

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

It is both easy and hard - depends what part of the game you are looking at. For example, the single-player races are ridiculously easy, whereas cop shootouts (both SP & MP) become a challenge.

The difficulties are evenly balanced out, though. And the game is still a tonne load of fun to this day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users