Photo

Favorite Car(s) in GTA IV

102 replies to this topic
Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

So it's simple, which car is your favorite in GTA IV?
Here's mine:

user posted image
user posted image
The Benefactor Schafter V12 Supercharged Tuned Version:
I particularly love this model in silver, the coat that comes with the same black rims and maintains the blacked out grill. It has a stealthy look. Especially in this color. Reminds me of those very nice S-Class AMG models, the previous fleets to be exact. It's very sleek yet luxury. I love this one better than the original. The original one looks a bit too generic and boring.
I also just love the way this thing drives. The Russian version comes with a tuned engine(as if this one wasn't powerful enough) so it's faster and even more powerful. It maneuvers like a dream as well. Cornering is never a hassle in this wonderful machine and there is even a slight sense of over-steer(I personally find cars with this fun). It's really just fun to turn onto an empty straight road at full power and not have to worry about crashing or spinning out of control. It's really enjoyable to drive.
It's suspension is also perfect in my honest opinion. It's not so soft, where as most cars in this game are. I personally disapprove of cars that like to roll all of the way to the right just because I slightly pivot to the left(PMP 600 to be exact). It's also not too hard. This makes for another nice driving experience.
I'm just surprised with what R* did with this car. It just feels special in my opinion. It's nice how all cars are unique in this game. I'll personally miss this car in V. I'm pretty sure this model will be discontinued and replaced with it's successor, the 2nd Schafter from TBoGT. I just don't care for the new one. It's bulky, it rolls too much, it feels slower, and just doesn't look so sleek and powerful. This would be my perfect road trip car, so it's disappointing that it most likely will not return.

Quite a lengthy explaination, but that's why I like the saloon. So what are your favorite cars?

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

Sabre GT, I like a bit of Muscle

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Sultan RS, cause its the fastest car in the game, besides the Comet of course.

Handsome Vulpine
  • Handsome Vulpine

The Unique Enigma

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

My favourite car is the PMP 600...I don't really know why, all I know is if I see a blue one, and I'm not in the middle of a mission, I just HAVE to grab it and take it to a parking spot outside one of the safehouses.

I also like to grab DF8-90s when I see 'em...and Sentinel XS-es are also top of my grab-when-see list.

That list also includes Banshees, Stallions and Infernuses.

My favourite car colour is blue...coz, y'know, blue is my favourite colour period...so yeah, I see a blue car that doesn't suck, I'm more likely to go for it than any other car available.

austinkopeck
  • austinkopeck

Meth Cook

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Sentinel XS. It has good speed and acceleration, great handling, good durability, and it looks awesome.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

TMMD Recon Division Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Yellow and Black, or Green and Black, Sultan RS. Best Handling, Great Speed, AWESOME LOOKS!!!! inlove.gif

RiZzo444
  • RiZzo444

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Feroci, Cavalcade, Serrano, Emperor.

enjoithepain
  • enjoithepain

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (austinkopeck @ Saturday, Jan 5 2013, 07:28)
Sentinel XS. It has good speed and acceleration, great handling, good durability, and it looks awesome.

This.

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Super GT, jaw dropping style. With great performance too.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

I have another one:

user posted image
user posted image
The Benefactor Serrano V12 Supercharged(Not tuned):
It's another Benefactor that I like, particularly in hot red. It's very similar to the Schafter. The Serrano comes with the same beautiful supercharged V12 engine but it's actually quite faster. The reason being so is because it's most likely lighter than the Schafter.
However it does have some body roll, not too bad compared to a Cavalcade or the PMP 600. Performance is good, it also maneuvers very similar to the Schafter, maybe a bit more understeer, but otherwise turning is precise and acceleration is superb. It's better than the Schafter's.
The look of this compact SUV is also very nice. It's frontal fascia is pretty fierce and sporty. It comes with an all chrome grill with all xenon headlights and LED turning signals(one could assume, they appear better than typical vehicles). There is also lots of mesh on the sporty bumper and these nice fog lights, wish they actually worked when you turn your brights on. There is also vents on the bonnet that I personally favor, they remind me of the M-Class AMG variants, particularly the recent new model.
Although it's rims are taken from the less attractive Habanero, I feel they fit this SUV better. They add to the sporty appearance and just fit well.
The rear is also fine, with all LED taillights, turning signals, and back up lights. Unfortunately it comes with rather boring looking dual exhausts. The sound from them is also a little bit below average compared to the Schafter, which is weird because they're virtually the same cars.
It just overall looks like a sleek and powerful SUV, and I think it's the best SUV in GTA IV. I'd much rather take it over any Cavalcade or Hunter.
Glad it's returning in V unchanged too. Seems like a perfect off road car and a superb road trip car. It handles well off road. You can take it on the popular off roading trail along the Pumbling's Skyway near Leftwood that heads south. I'm sure it'll handle well off road in V and that's why I can't wait to drive it.
I can do anything, has great off roading abilities, has premium performance, and it's very luxury and great for doing long drives(which I will definitely do in V with this car as soon as I find it). It's sad I can't do the same with the previous Schafter though. sad.gif

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

This beast.

user posted image

Whenever I see one I get in it (just like a woman lol).
  • Viper-Mitch likes this

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

BulletGT,crazy speed with very powerful acceleration!!!

user posted image

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Blista Compact, it is pretty fast and has nice acceleration, but is it still somehow more "normal" and not so shiny and new like a supercars.

AIex
  • AIex

Alex Carlton

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:01 AM Edited by AlexTM, 08 January 2013 - 04:01 PM.

user posted image

inlove.gif
  • robban likes this

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Comet, and Super GT.
I love the Rich Yellow Comet from No. 1 in IV and Bright Red on from Ladies Night,
and I love the light blue Super GT from No. 1 tounge2.gif .

The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

And the next piece begins

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Wass @ Saturday, Jan 5 2013, 23:12)
BulletGT,crazy speed with very powerful acceleration!!!

http://megatron2413.webs.com/photos/GTA-IV-TBoGT/Bullet_GT_(GTA4_TBOGT)_(front).png.png

That's one of my favourites too, also in that colour.

My favourite cars:
Banshee, specifically yellow and black colour scheme.
Buffalo, for reasons unknown.
Sabre GT, greatest muscle car in the game.
Tampa, I found a Banshee and a Tampa beside each other in traffic once. I noticed that they
had the same colour scheme and same manufacturer, Bravado.

I realized I like many Bravado cars.

007_eleven
  • 007_eleven

The 80's are never over!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (Katve @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 08:55)
Blista Compact, it is pretty fast and has nice acceleration, but is it still somehow more "normal" and not so shiny and new like a supercars.

I second this motion, not only that but the rear windshield is glitched to be bulletproof and this car has what must be the tightest 180/360 turning circle ever, its great to randomly flip around whilst driving! biggrin.gif

Mpower
  • Mpower

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Blista compact, the handling is awesome. Lower it using the glitch and you get a little race car

I can take corners at high speed, drive in opposite lane and avoid all cars, Just try it

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

My favorite cars would be the Dukes, Vigero, Turismo, Banshee, and the Sabre GT.

Also, those of you who chose the Blista Compact, I can completely see why. It may not be a "cool" looking car, but it is fast, and has excellent handling...Great for outrunning police.

Duane965
  • Duane965

A True Country Boy

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

The Rancher witha grill guard and lights on the top. I like to go off road

monster875.
  • monster875.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

the Marbella, because it's old an old car with nice lines, and ofc fits cruising wink.gif

jackturbo
  • jackturbo

Sanchez Samurai

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Whenever I see a red Blista Compact, nothing can stop me to get it, because it has great handling. I also like the Sentinel XS mafia car, it looks just fantastic

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

user posted image
Lastly, the Sentinel. I'll get to looks first. I specifically like this car in the beautiful maroon coat with black rims and yellow calipers. It just looks so mean, so nice as well. I also love how strongly it resembles the BMW M3 E46(my favorite M3 personally). I'll even say it may be one of the closest cars to it's real life counterpart in IV. You can put the two cars side by side and they'd appear so similar.
Now about the performance. I assume it has a similar engine to the M3, a 3.2 liter I6, and if you zoom in on the interior it is a manual. I've tested this beautiful machine today and damn is it wonderful. Firstly, the way it handles: it's one of those cars with oversteer again, which is sort of good in my book as long as it's not too severe. It turns corners at high speeds so well if you do it right. It can flip if you're not careful though. And it's turning is so precise as well, perfect for when you're in a high speed chase or just messing around with the curvy roads on Charge Island. It's not as good as the Schafter sometimes though. For example, if you're in the mood to turn a corner Schafter and hit the gas, you could easily hit parked cars in front of you. I've never had this problem with the Schafter, so the Sentinel just takes more work to control.
This car is also a exceptional drifter, it's very pleasing to drift in it. With turning like this it is fairly easy to drift around tight corners and spaces. It's very fun.
As far as speed goes, this is also a big win. Going by factual info from GTA wikia, this car can hit approximately 192 mp/h which is very nice. It's almost as quick as some of the fastest cars in the game. As far as acceleration, the car just flies as soon as you step on the gas. It's honestly one of my favorite features, because with this not being a super car I wouldn't expect it to be that fast.
So overall it's an awesome car in my opinion. It's got the looks, handling, and speed. My only grime is the braking. If you don't press too hard on the left back button, you can brake fairly good, but if you're in a rush and slam on the brakes, the car just skids and brakes poorly. It has no ABS, which I'm so used to in the premium performance sedans I drive so much in this game.
But besides that, it's a wonderful, wonderful car! biggrin.gif

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

*LHDC* LongHairDontCare

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

The Moonbeam:
With its 80s flared fenders, it's F40 Rims and it's decent handling, this van earns it's place in my GTA book as the Best Van In IV

The Infernus:
With its Pagani and Murcielago styling cues, Very Good handling, Great speed and Decent sound, this sure earns its title as Best Exotic in IV

Runner Ups:
Comet:
The Comet is a very decent car, and it while it does have good speed and looks, it just doesn't cut it for me. confused.gif
The car could've used the Blow-Off Valve sound from the Sultan RS, and it could've had better handling. The car was abit too jumpy for me, as any turn could've made it flip over. It's also unfindable in Free-Roam which makes no since at all considering that the Infernus (A Lamborghini/Pagani) is easier to find than a Comet (A Porsche). Since the GTA V Comet had a spoiler kit, it will probably handle better with that added downforce.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sultan RS:
The Sultan RS is probably my all-time best car in IV. It looks like a Race-Car, Handles like a Racecar, Sounds like a racecar, has the speed of a racecar and feels like a Racecar. With it's RS rims, BOV Sound, Race-Tire Traction and vulnerablility, this car earns a 10/10 as the Best Car In IV and Best Sportscar In IV. icon14.gif

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Saturday, Jan 26 2013, 19:48)
The Moonbeam:
With its 80s flared fenders, it's F40 Rims and it's decent handling, this van earns it's place in my GTA book as the Best Van In IV

The Infernus:
With its Pagani and Murcielago styling cues, Very Good handling, Great speed and Decent sound, this sure earns its title as Best Exotic in IV

Runner Ups:
Comet:
The Comet is a very decent car, and it while it does have good speed and looks, it just doesn't cut it for me. confused.gif
The car could've used the Blow-Off Valve sound from the Sultan RS, and it could've had better handling. The car was abit too jumpy for me, as any turn could've made it flip over. It's also unfindable in Free-Roam which makes no since at all considering that the Infernus (A Lamborghini/Pagani) is easier to find than a Comet (A Porsche). Since the GTA V Comet had a spoiler kit, it will probably handle better with that added downforce.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sultan RS:
The Sultan RS is probably my all-time best car in IV. It looks like a Race-Car, Handles like a Racecar, Sounds like a racecar, has the speed of a racecar and feels like a Racecar. With it's RS rims, BOV Sound, Race-Tire Traction and vulnerablility, this car earns a 10/10 as the Best Car In IV and Best Sportscar In IV. icon14.gif

Yeah, I agree about the Comet. It's handling is pretty unmemorable to me. In V, I hope it handles better. It's looks are better but it needs to be as fun as a Porsche. It should also sound better, pretty sure Porsche's don't sound like a man's electric razor with a gearbox(same with the Turismo). confused.gif

The Sultan RS is a car I like but I can't call it my favorites.

ThunderSt0rm
  • ThunderSt0rm

(CDC ftw)Do you think we could play another game?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

My top 3 cars are:
  • 1. Infernus i can't hate this car, it has good handling, speed, acceleration and the most important feature, the sexiness of this vehicle! I just love the way it growls once you accelerate.
  • 2. Coquette what makes me love Coquette is the look and the speed and also its weight that makes it quick. It even has good braking system even when you drive very fast, even handling is good.
  • 2. Sultan RS i love its design and even the spoiler, reminds me of what Japanese would make. No wonder the Korean Mob drives them around the streets, i always car jack it.

AlphaWaveMovement
  • AlphaWaveMovement

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Took me a long time to realize this but its the Banshee colgate.gif

The roofless version with a stripe preferably.

user posted image

A controversial choice I know because it kind of drives like its on ice, but I've done some epic damage over the years in multiplayer using one of these and some sticky bombs devil.gif

You get used to the handling after a while and its a pleasure to drive compared to some of the other sports cars. Dont think it would be my first choice for racing though, that would be the Bullet. But then I suck at racing so what would I know.

MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Esperanto... I really don't know but I love that car and also Infernus because it's awesome and also Schafter....

Alderney_Broker
  • Alderney_Broker

Alderney_Broker

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Duane965 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 18:14)

I agree with rancher

But for the most fun besidesRancher i would go Blista Compact, so much fun to drive and they take a beatinguser posted image

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (Alderney_Broker @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 18:26)
QUOTE (Duane965 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 18:14)

I agree with rancher

But for the most fun besidesRancher i would go Blista Compact, so much fun to drive and they take a beating http://images4.wikia...-GTA4-front.jpg

Yeah the Blista Compact really packs a punch. I'd never expect such handling and speed from a rather low looking small car. It's also excellent for the swing set glitch! devil.gif
PS: The image is a bit to big.

Another car I sort of like is the Manana. It's an excellent cruiser with such a soft suspension.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users