» «
Photo

What makes you Laugh?

26 replies to this topic
Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well, haven't made a topic in quite a while now. However, I was just curious to find out what makes y'all chuckle. The reason I made this topic is because I have come to realize that I myself laugh at almost anything and find some things flipping Hilarious when others either think it's inappropriate or just don't see the humor in it. For example, I always laugh at the wrong place at the wrong time, like something funny will happen at a funeral and I'll end up laughing, or when I get into trouble I always end up laughing at the seriousness of something. Unfortunately these things can get me the odd evil stare or glare and get me into even more trouble tounge2.gif

I mean I seem to find a way to laugh at anything, I always manage to find the humor in something, even in things that others would hardly ever find funny, does anyone else have this?

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

A funny joke

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 13:05)
A funny joke

Like? Elaborate a little more, Jokes make a lot of people laugh, what kind of jokes? Contribute to the topic a little more or don't comment at all.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Old men falling down stairs always makes me chuckle.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Orbitalraindrops is hilarious lol.gif

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

I laugh at a lot of absurd and strange things that most people find off putting or annoying. You remember that one really weird substitute teacher that would come in from time to time who had a peg leg, a strange odor, an unidentifiable accent, a strong unwillingness to discuss anything about his personal life or past and also had virtually no education on the class he was substitute teaching for? I loved when that guy came in, most kids were supremely annoyed but sh*t like that was and still is f*cking hilarious to me.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:39 PM Edited by shiva s, 04 January 2013 - 03:45 PM.

A good joke which doesn't comprise any feeling hurting insults.

Good satire movies which doesn't involve much absurd plot devices, exaggerated characterisation and total irreverence.

When I am in GTAF, I laugh at majority of GTA_stu's posts.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Do you actually laugh out loud whet you write LOL? To me LOL is a polite way of saying Hmmm...

What actually makes me make a laughing noise is fools busting their nuts on metal bars

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Esco, I had a weird substitute teacher like that. I think he was descended from former slave traders or something, I mean his name was Mr. f*cking Blacksell and he was very politically incorrect and old. Seriously that was his name, that was his actual name. Well not the f*cking part obviously. How do hell do you get a name like Blacksell? And then how the f*ck do you keep it in the 21st century? Crazy bastard. He looked a bit like the United Liberty Paper guy from GTA IV actually, but about 20 years older and a bit fatter.

But getting down to what actually makes me laugh, I'm pretty much like Sanjeem I guess, I can find anything funny. I also laugh in inappropriate circumstances, or find stuff that really shouldn't be funny, funny. One of my friends was telling me a couple of months ago how his grandma had slipped in the shower and broken her hip, and I was picturing it in my head and for some f*cked up reason found it amusing. But I managed to control it and keep it internal, our friendship would have definitely been over if I'd have started laughing at that in his face, as would my days of being able to smile with a full set of teeth.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

dat was mad tekkers bruh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 15:43)
Do you actually laugh out loud whet you write LOL? To me LOL is a polite way of saying Hmmm...

For my friends and I, and probably for most others, is

lol - I have nothing to contribute to this conversation, I'm just typing this so you feel less lonely.
lololololol - (Only used in a trolling/insult context) Haha, I'm laughing at your discomfort/failure.
XD - Quite funny point/joke, I chuckled.
LOL - That's a very funny joke and I'm genuinely laughing.
LMAO XD or more than one "laughing" abbreviation in capitals (excluding LOLOLOLOLOL, this is the same as lololololol) - I'm genuinely laughing my ass off dude, you're f*cking hilarious,

People that annoy me are people who type LOL in capitals just because it's an abbreviation, when they actually mean "lol".

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Usually some completely dumb stuff...
I usually laugh to my own stuff from the pass from my idiotism...

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

YouTube

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 15:50)
Esco, I had a weird substitute teacher like that. I think he was descended from former slave traders or something, I mean his name was Mr. f*cking Blacksell and he was very politically incorrect and old. Seriously that was his name, that was his actual name. Well not the f*cking part obviously. How do hell do you get a name like Blacksell? And then how the f*ck do you keep it in the 21st century? Crazy bastard. He looked a bit like the United Liberty Paper guy from GTA IV actually, but about 20 years older and a bit fatter.

Haha, I had quite a few like that, unfortunately I don't remember any of their names but I do remember their shell shocked faces very well. I remember there was this one in elementary school we used to get a lot, the upper right area of her face was entirely fake. It was like a phantom of the opera mask but just on the upper right side and it was a bad model too lol, she would look at you and you couldn't help but stare at the glaring piece of plastic strapped to her head with that dead eye poking out from it. Then there was another guy we used to get in high school who had a wooden leg. This guy was a pisser, I think he might of been a Vietnam vet or something, he would prop his big wooden leg up on his desk for all the world to see but would refuse to answer any questions about it. I remember f*cking around in the hallway one day right before the bell was supposed to ring and catching him hobbling down the steps in a nervous panic before the doors opened and all the kids came running out. Something about that scene made me laugh so god damn hard, I told my asshole friends about it later and they got a good laugh as well.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heit leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hanging with my buddies

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

People make me laugh, especially when you contort them so that they become weird. I laughed at the woman who had a hole in her face after she was attacked by her friend's gorilla, I laugh when people who have really bad acne get called a pepperoni pizza, and I laugh at those really cheesy parodies of people on South Park. I also laugh when I think about slightly funny things in my head, and when I do I usually laugh at the wrong time, confusing other people. Oh and really cheesy jokes, my 7th grade science teacher always told cheesy science jokes (like the "No I'm a-frayed knot!" one) and I really do think those jokes are funny, so whenever someone tells a really bad joke I'm always the only who laughs.

For actual things which try to do comedy the only things that have been able to make me laugh constantly in 2012 were Cracked, Diabetus (from retsupurae), and King Of The Hill.

QUOTE (JOSEPH X)

When I wrote "lol" at things it was because I realized what someone said was supposed funny, not because I actually laughed.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Cow's mooooo

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I like watching videos of people doing stupid things and then suffering the consequences. Take the video below for example, it's fake and makes incorrect usage of the term "electrocuted" but funny nonetheless.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Very, very dark humour, including jokes about Jewish people, the Holocaust (which isn't a laughing matter ITSELF), Sandy Hook, the Aurora massacre etc.

I can at least tell the difference between real life and humour regrading these things, I am mature in that sense. but all round, I ten to have a very immature sense of humour.

wolfy boy
  • wolfy boy

we're bouncing now?

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

michael rosen ytps

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Watching others fail at not laughing makes me laugh:

xChaos Reigns
  • xChaos Reigns

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Jan 5 2013, 09:27)
Very, very dark humour, including jokes about Jewish people, the Holocaust (which isn't a laughing matter ITSELF), Sandy Hook, the Aurora massacre etc.

I can at least tell the difference between real life and humour regrading these things, I am mature in that sense. but all round, I ten to have a very immature sense of humour.

I am much the same. I can laugh at some extremely sick and disgusting things.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

and I'll end up laughing, or when I get into trouble I always end up laughing at the seriousness of something. Unfortunately these things can get me the odd evil stare or glare and get me into even more trouble

I recall my grandma's funeral, I was trying to be serious, but I just kept thinking of the most ridiculous things like dancing gorillas and such, I was suffocating myself to prevent from laughing.

Things that really make me laugh are really unpolitically correct things, here's an example.

Mike - "Hey Rachael!"
Rachael - "Hey!"
Mike - "What happened to your eye?"
Jon - "Probably rape".

Now that would make me laugh haha! I also love seeing car accidents, people falling over and Original insults at people really make me laugh.

ThirstyHyena
  • ThirstyHyena

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Stealth 666 @ Saturday, Jan 5 2013, 13:34)

^this icon14.gif

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (ThirstyHyena @ Saturday, Jan 5 2013, 12:51)
QUOTE (Stealth 666 @ Saturday, Jan 5 2013, 13:34)

^this icon14.gif

Put me on that list as well haha

That's basically what I meant in my OP, others can find my sense of humor very disturbing to the point where they can't laugh about it at all. However most people I know see the funny side, especially if it's witty.

autotheftisgrand
  • autotheftisgrand

Fries optional

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Whenever I'm in an embarrassing situation, I just find it humorous after it happened. I laugh more if it happens to someone else.

I smile or laugh whenever I get a text from someone even if it's just a mundane/boring text.

Any sexual innuendos which aren't deliberate. (I.e when a teacher tells us to go read page 69 in a book) Yeap, I'm immature that way.

For dark humor? I laugh when something bad happens like someone died from crossing the street not because of the event itself but because of the stupidity of the said victim.

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Lost Kings Street Soldier, Fighting And Making Money.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

My mom. She's the funniest person ever!

ryanhunter_rfc
  • ryanhunter_rfc

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

At the moment, Whose line is it anyway? Man I loved that show.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users