Photo

Adventure Time

25 replies to this topic
Beemo
  • Beemo

King

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

LOOKING FOR SOME ADVENTURE TIME FANS! TELL ME WHO YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER IS!!

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

I don't have any sole favorite. I can name Homer Simpson from The Simpsons (all The Simpsons characters) for that matter, Eric Cartman, Stan Marsh, Kyle Brofloski and Kenny McCormick from South Park, Peter Griffin from Family Guy, and all of the Trailer Park Boys characters.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Wasn't he asking for "Adventure Time" characters?

Panorama
  • Panorama

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Search for 12 years olds.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Terrible show. Today's cartoons are bullshlt.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

I like the bumpy princess thing, I don't know the name of it, it looks like a cloud and it comes from some universe where everything is lumpy lol. That show is so trippy, I've never watched it high but I bet it's either really fascinating or terrifying when under the influence of marijuana, probably no middle ground with a show like that.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

dontgetit.gif This cartoon makes me glad I grew up in the 90's and early 2000's. When cartoons were actually funny. This... mercie_blink.gif I would not want my child watching this. It would be annoying first, but with how stupid it is(I've watched like 2 episodes of it) I'd wonder if he or she'd become stupid! lol.gif

But seriously, what happened to CN? It died. sad.gif

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:15 PM Edited by zoo3891, 03 January 2013 - 07:27 PM.

I saw the first few episodes and kind of liked them, it was funny once in a while, and I sort of liked the characters, but eventually the show started relying on being LOLSORANDOM to be funny and later on it even lost most of the appeal of that.

I think Regular Show is better if you want to compare it to other recent CN shows, and it'll never live up to anything that came out of What A Cartoon, even without the nostalgia.

But seriously, what happened to CN? It died.

People like to blame it on the Boston Bomb Scare of 2007, which caused the guy who ran Cartoon Network at the time to have to step down. (If you don't remember in 2007 they started airing shows like Total Drama Island, 6teen, and George Of The Jungle), but I think the network was still doing pretty good until Adventure Time and the live action stuff came (2009-2010). So probably Stuart Snyder is just getting dumber over time.

Bellic 4 life
  • Bellic 4 life

Follower of Asatru

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 17:06)
dontgetit.gif This cartoon makes me glad I grew up in the 90's and early 2000's. When cartoons were actually funny. This... mercie_blink.gif I would not want my child watching this. It would be annoying first, but with how stupid it is(I've watched like 2 episodes of it) I'd wonder if he or she'd become stupid! lol.gif

But seriously, what happened to CN? It died. sad.gif

Really? I was born in '94, and grew up with old CN, and I love Adventure Time, and Regular Show. bored.gif

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Based on the posts in this topic me being a 24-year old that enjoys this show will surely be looked down upon but to each their own I suppose. I liked the show at first, it has a nice art style and animation quality but then I was shown by a friend that the world the characters live in is a post-apocalyptic earth. I found it quite interesting and read up a bit on it, and because of that I think I really like the show more than I used to.

Chaise
  • Chaise

Packers Fan.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

This show, and just about every other show on Cartoon Network just seem so weird to me. Idk if it's because I'm older now, or because of the art style, but all the shows on CN just look really boring.

It's sad to, cause CN use to be so awesome when I was a kid. Ed, Edd, and Eddy, courage the cowardly dog, Fosters, just to name a few, were some of the greatest shows ever. Not even mentioning Toonami, which had some of the greatest animes ever, like Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, YuYu Hakoshu, One Piece, Samurai Jack, etc....

Not saying CN is awful, but it's not the way it use to be that's for sure.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

I actually quite like this show. I find its style and presentation to be unique. To be honest, I don't have a problem with CN of today, of course the old cartoons will be "amazing" but that's usually down to nostalgia. Regular Show and Adventure time are the two of the best cartoons around in my opinion.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Inky @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 12:08)
Based on the posts in this topic me being a 24-year old that enjoys this show will surely be looked down upon but to each their own I suppose. I liked the show at first, it has a nice art style and animation quality but then I was shown by a friend that the world the characters live in is a post-apocalyptic earth. I found it quite interesting and read up a bit on it, and because of that I think I really like the show more than I used to.

It's okay, the people that hate this show are either bitter bitter people, or that 13-20 year old demographic that can't accept anything that's geared toward kids when they are teenagers. We all are like that. I hated every kids show from 1996 to about 2000.

Anyway, this show is fun for all ages (except most teenagers who think they're too cool for school). I watch it all the time with my sister. There are some good stories in this show. Lots of hero's journey type stuff, that any one with the intellect to enjoy it should like.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

I like Jake. I have a Jake shirt from a store called Hot Topic.

I love it :3

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

I f*cking love this show, so f*ck ya'll. user posted image

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 15:59)
Terrible show. Today's cartoons are bullshlt.

Regular show is the only new cartoon I like tounge2.gif

My sister likes Adventure Time, she's 18 biggrin.gif

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Oh god, that show? Is it that bunk cartoon that has an animation style that looks like it was drawn by a drippy teen who had a headache and rushed on it? Is that why emos, hipsters, and swagfags like it? Because each episode has no genuine point in them? Just a butch kid with a hat, traveling the 'world of being high as an aviator' with his dog, who has some strong resemblance to John Lennon.
NO! IZ FAWNY CUZ DA DOWG SAD, Y U NO? HAHAHA!!111
Well no! It's not funny. It's stupid, banal, and iterative.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 20:52)
Oh god, that show? Is it that bunk cartoon that has an animation style that looks like it was drawn by a drippy teen who had a headache and rushed on it? Is that why emos, hipsters, and swagfags like it? Because each episode has no genuine point in them? Just a butch kid with a hat, traveling the 'world of being high as an aviator' with his dog, who has some strong resemblance to John Lennon.
NO! IZ FAWNY CUZ DA DOWG SAD, Y U NO? HAHAHA!!111
Well no! It's not funny. It's stupid, banal, and iterative.

I don't think you've seen more than a single episode. Banal? Iterative? Besides the fact that only people who want to sound more intelligent than they are talk that way, this show is no more banal and iterative than any other cartoons that have ever existed. Less so "banal", I'd say.

"Banal" maybe in the characters' design, but that's judging a book by it's cover. Iterative, of course it is, to an extent. It's a non-serial children's television show. As for the other words, "not funny" and "stupid". Humor is a matter of opinion, and stupid is something people say right before they grab their thesaurus to look up words like "banal" and "iterative".

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Saw one episode on CN. Thought it was pretty funny. Will maybe watch a few more episodes sometime.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

This along with Regular Show are the only great cartoon on Cartoon Network right now. My favorite character is Finn, though Jake is hilarious sometimes too, like when he was in Finn's pocket and farted, HILARIOUS!!! Regular Show is awesome too, Muscle Man is freaking funny as hell!

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Can't believe so many Dont like this cartoon. Adventure Time and Regular show are the only good new cartoons worth watching on CN. Blah blah bkah the 90's but honestly these two shows are really good. Just enough mix of adult humor and kid randomness to make everyone laugh once in a while.

Better than almost all the other shows out now...Gumball?? Annoying Orange??? DA f*ck??

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Saturday, Jan 5 2013, 13:18)
Can't believe so many Dont like this cartoon. Adventure Time and Regular show are the only good new cartoons worth watching on CN. Blah blah bkah the 90's but honestly these two shows are really good. Just enough mix of adult humor and kid randomness to make everyone laugh once in a while.

Better than almost all the other shows out now...Gumball?? Annoying Orange??? DA f*ck??

Yea I'm not a huge fan of either but I watch them if they're on and they are genuinely entertaining, they remind me more of Cartoon Network's golden 90s era than anything else they put out. There's tons of worse sh*t on that channel now than Adventure Time and Regular Show, like those douchebag teens that go around fighting video game villains and they've got another live action show coming out with douchebag teens doing sketch comedy, it looks like a much, much lamer version of All That. I liked that show with that little weird sailor kid too, FlapJacks I think it was called? The absurdity in cartoon shows like that are throwbacks to me, they remind me of classics like Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life. You can tell the writers were heavily influenced by that era.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:23 PM Edited by ryuclan, 05 January 2013 - 09:27 PM.

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Saturday, Jan 5 2013, 16:13)
Yea I'm not a huge fan of either but I watch them if they're on and they are genuinely entertaining, they remind me more of Cartoon Network's golden 90s era than anything else they put out. There's tons of worse sh*t on that channel now than Adventure Time and Regular Show, like those douchebag teens that go around fighting video game villains and they've got another live action show coming out with douchebag teens doing sketch comedy, it looks like a much, much lamer version of All That. I liked that show with that little weird sailor kid too, FlapJacks I think it was called? The absurdity in cartoon shows like that are throwbacks to me, they remind me of classics like Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life. You can tell the writers were heavily influenced by that era.

Jesus christ! They kept playing that damn commercial. That black kids voice literally makes me cringe. And from the commercials, it's not even a tad bit funny.

Also back to Adventure time. How could you beat moments like this.

MqGKVGUqYkA&NR

And it also has really good music...lol well decent music.

And the thing that got me watching the show..lmao

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yeah, exactly ^^

Also...

user posted image

I guess.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

It's not like anyone cares anyway

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

I can't believe no one here watches this...
LOOK AT THE NEW CROSS GENDER EPISODE!

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

A few adults said this show was good so I checked out an episode. I thought it would be like the Regular Show (which is f*cking hilarious IMO) with it's humour, but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that funny and the focal points were the great art and clever and cute dialogue and characters.

Anyone who doesn't like this is either a) a contrarian or b) a sour puss. Honestly, this show is so cute, especially Marceline the Vampire Queen (<3), I need some of her merch. And her voice actor has a great singing voice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users