Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will GTA V be a flop in the eyes of GTAForums?

144 replies to this topic
kingbob182
  • kingbob182

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Judging from the incredibly optimistic topics being created here, I think GTA V will disappoint many users at GTAForums.
I see many topics of people sure that there will be a 4th protagonist, that Chop will be a playable character, that every pedestrian will have a creative new personality, etc.
Honestly, I think the game will be a major let-down for some people here.

I think it will be terrific and without a doubt, the best GTA we have seem but I also think it will fall short in the eyes of many.

I worry that people are reading into the new features too much. I mean:
-It could be said that San Andreas has a fully explorable ocean floor, but people seem to think they will find Atlantis in the waters of Los Santos.
-Wildlife is confirmed, but have we seen more than a dog and a bear-shaped rock? Already there's talk about hunting minigames.
-We saw short sleeved police uniform and people assume we'll see female police officers and one might be a playable character.

I'm not saying that these things aren't in the game and I'd say most people will love the game, but there are certainly going to be some disappointed users on this forum when the game is released judging by the topics we're seeing here.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Of course it will be a commercial success, but, ah yes, its going to be very interesting here after gta5 comes out. Needless to say I'm making notes of what everyone is saying before the game has come out.

The_Golden_Dude
  • The_Golden_Dude

#Team Trevor

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:34 AM Edited by Kirsty, 04 January 2013 - 11:39 PM.

icon14.gif

Please add more content to your post next time, this is considered spam which is against forum rules - Kirsty

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Not fair to put a blanket statement on the majority. For example, a recent poll showed the majority of people think there will only be THREE protags... (not four)

We know there's a fourth slot to select a character which, by the looks of it, a lot of people on here believe is actually any random character throughout missions.

QUOTE (kingbob182 @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 07:31)
-It could be said that San Andreas has a fully explorable ocean floor, but people seem to think they will find Atlantis in the waters of Los Santos.

Over exaggeration on your part.

QUOTE (kingbob182 @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 07:31)
Already there's talk about hunting minigames.

That's a fair speculation considering what we know.

Hereyougo
  • Hereyougo

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

To prove your point, You say that half of the people here are idiots?

PlayerSince97
  • PlayerSince97

Name's Tyler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

I agree, a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

YoungChrist
  • YoungChrist

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

Yeah, I gotta agree with OP. People are expecting quite a bit from this game. But idk, even though Rockstar comes with the same game every time with new features, graphics, story and a new engine they never disappoint. Its such a simple formula that only Rockstar can perfect. Sure, people may dislike GTA IV, but was there any other game out there that surpassed it? Saints Row? Lol no. Sleeping Dogs? f*ck no.

Rockstar could take a sh*t in every single case being sold commercially, it would still be great.

PutAQuarterIn
  • PutAQuarterIn

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

There's several different 'cliques' (for lack of a better word) that have a different idea of how the game should be.
There is no way they could make everyone completely happy, no matter how hard they try.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (Hereyougo @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 00:35)

"Most people are idiots, and that's exactly who my teachings appeal to" - Pastor Richards

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

Many people will be let down, yes. The hype could potentially ruin a lot. I myself will not set any high standards. I keep my standards and expectations low. I'm happy enough as it is that we have a giant map, country side, characters that sweat/get dirty, and supposedly improved climbing mechanics. These being my prime focus will probably end up making me a very happy and surprised person upon witnessing the final product and all the features and things I've neglected my attention towards to. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

kingbob182
  • kingbob182

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 05:34)
Not fair to put a blanket statement on the majority. For example, a recent poll showed the majority of people think there will only be THREE protags... (not four)

We know there's a fourth slot to select a character which, by the looks of it, a lot of people on here believe is actually any random character throughout missions.

I didn't mean to talk down to anyone. And certainly not the majority.
Just that people seem to be so sure of things which from what we have seen so far have little more than a semi-related screenshot to back them up.

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Zee @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 05:37)

"Most people are idiots, and that's exactly who my teachings appeal to" - Pastor Richards

I don't know whether to laugh or faint that you used a pastor richards quote.

Hereyougo
  • Hereyougo

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Zee @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 05:37)

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

36Chambers
  • 36Chambers

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

I'm just going to get excited from what I've heard and seen, not what I make up. Sure I have high expectations for a game of this magnitude, but I feel as if they've already been met or exceeded. We all just need to be reasonable.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

Oh I definitely agree with you. I don't like the speculation and theories based on little things we see or hear about. It sets yourself up for disappointment and it wastes a lot of time that can be spent on more important things.

Just give me the facts, that's all I need. I don't need to hear about what your imagination tells you will be in the game.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

Well, many people, including my self, was really disappointed in SR3 because i was too hyped. SO something could happen like that for GTA V. Puting on FIreprooof suit

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

Depends when the game comes out and who you're talking too.

kingbob182
  • kingbob182

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

I never said that.
I just think some people are expecting way too much.

But idk, even though Rockstar comes with the same game every time with new features, graphics, story and a new engine they never disappoint. Its such a simple formula that only Rockstar can perfect. Sure, people may dislike GTA IV, but was there any other game out there that surpassed it? Saints Row? Lol no. Sleeping Dogs? f*ck no.

Yeah, I agree that it is probably the best open world game to date and GTA V will probably take that crown shortly and I'll be playing it for years to come, but I still think people are setting the bar too high.

That's a fair speculation considering what we know.

We know there will be 'wildlife' of some kind. We also know that obviously, there will be guns.
GTA IV had swimming and water but there weren't swimming races, it had a golf course but there wasn't a golf game.

Again, I don't know more than anyone else. But some people seem sure that hunting will be in there.

kingbob182
  • kingbob182

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

Also, I should mention that this thread was made out of anger when I saw the 'False Advertising' thread.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

Also I think some of the things you are bringing up people said jokingly.

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

wildlife is pretty much confirmed now op...and yes more than just a dog has been confirmed! Coyotes, Sharks and Birds confirmed so far...and why would they put coyotes in the game, while not putting more common/regular animals as well?...no dude...you're wrong about people hyping up wildlife! ...but everything else you're absolutely right...

kingbob182
  • kingbob182

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 05:55)
wildlife is pretty much confirmed now op...and yes more than just a dog has been confirmed! Coyotes, Sharks and Birds confirmed so far...and why would they put coyotes in the game, while not putting more common/regular animals as well?...no dude...you're wrong about people hyping up wildlife! ...but everything else you're absolutely right...

fair enough, I forgot about sharks. I didn't know we have coyotes confirmed.

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (kingbob182 @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 05:58)
QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 05:55)

fair enough, I forgot about sharks. I didn't know we have coyotes confirmed.

...like i said i pretty much agree with every other point you made!...also you're right about stupid people making stupid topics asking for stupid things out of stupidity! tounge2.gif ...just read your comment in false advertising topic!... icon14.gif

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

There's always a bit of optimism when a new game is coming out and usually we hope so hard for new features that these features become cement to us. With as big a series as GTA is, it'd be surprising if all we discussed here was news. (It's kind of interesting to see, so here is an archived wishlist for GTA V that's been around long before V was announced, there are so many posts there that it had to be split into twelve pages.)

Although if we hope especially hard our hopes can sometimes come true, for example, I've been hoping for an explorable sea floor since the beginning and look what was announced a couple months ago!

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

Yes, unfortunatly, I feel it will be like IV- overall great game, comercial success, gets great reviews. Yet, in the eyes of the general public, and on these forums, people will hate it because it's not San Andreas with HD graphics.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

Fighter jets, underwater diving, supercars, and submarines on RAGE. And train crashing! I probably will be too busy experimenting with all of said stuff to notice any wildlife absence.

kingbob182
  • kingbob182

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 06:01)
There's always a bit of optimism when a new game is coming out and usually we hope so hard for new features that these features become cement to us. With as big a series as GTA is, it'd be surprising if all we discussed here was news. (It's kind of interesting to see, so here is an archived wishlist for GTA V that's been around long before V was announced, there are so many posts there that it had to be split into twelve pages.)

Although if we hope especially hard our hopes can sometimes come true, for example, I've been hoping for an explorable sea floor since the beginning and look what was announced a couple months ago!

I guess you're right. Particularly with such a huge release with a slow release of info about the game.

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 06:03)
Fighter jets, underwater diving, supercars, and submarines on RAGE. And train crashing! I probably will be too busy experimenting with all of said stuff to notice any wildlife absence.

there WILL be wildlife, R* already confirmed it! and yes! there WILL be LOTS of animal breeds!...stop saying it, like we wouldn't know GTAV will have rich wildlife, which isn't true!...

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Godfather

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

I think it's almost inevitable that after GTA V releases there'll be members disappointed regardless. Just look at the people who whined about not being able to buy property. It reminded me of the reaction of planes not being in GTA IV.

The problem is people create these wild and outlandish theories in the mind when nothing has been promised and that's where a lot of the disappointment steams from. If Chop for whatever can't be used in free roam how could R* be blamed for that when nothing has been hinted he will?

slogan-killer1
  • slogan-killer1

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Even if some things aren't in, people will cope with it and be happy with what they are given.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users