Photo

Destructible Environment

14 replies to this topic
VATG
  • VATG

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

yeah i know there's a tons of threads about it but now we've finally have a proof that it might actually be part of the game...

look at the red lighting in the second frame caused by the fire and heat of the explosion.
the attention to details is f*cking amazing.
http://imageshack.us.../20/img1hx.png/

just look at the fractures in the floor and the damage texture on the wall
again amazing attention to details.
http://imageshack.us...s/690/im3h.png/

here we can see the concrete skeleton just like in the game '8 days' in the videos below
the lead animator of '8 days' Jim Jagger joined Rockstar right after the release of GTA IV.
http://imageshack.us.../96/img2qb.png/

and like i said before if jagger's could have done this back then with the old software he had it will be a piece of cake for him when the R* team is behind him with the new(er) rage engine.

for those who wanna see more videos of how it probably gonna look like go to my locked without a reasonable explanation thread here:
http://www.gtaforums...opic=495997&hl=

leeradio13
  • leeradio13

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

destructible environment is clearly going to be the best thing that ever happened to gta!

romansbowlingalley
  • romansbowlingalley

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

That scene with the vault blowing open could well be a cutscene though, so i'm sceptical how much it'll be applied to gameplay. Personally, I thought the destructibility was good in IV, i expect a few improvements, but won't hold out for anything Battlefield-esque.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Thats going to be scripted or a cutscene.
There won't be fully destructable environment everywhere.

INEEDVNOW
  • INEEDVNOW

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Cutscene bro

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Yup like others have said, def a cut scene. Best to wait next gen to possibly see more destructible environments. Fully destructible environments are not something you just tack on to your engine. It has to be built into it from the ground up.

IronZombie
  • IronZombie

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

The way the characters behaved during that sequence.. hiding behind the cover and reacting to the blast after it occurs. Clearly a cutscene. That's not to say certain destructible aspects couldn't be done in the game, but you're really reaching if your biggest proof is that bank vault blast.

YoungChrist
  • YoungChrist

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Destructible environments in GTA V? Lmfaoo, don't kid yourself man. Sure, lightpoles and fences, all that stuff just like in GTA IV will destructable. But desructible environments??? Lol, I wouldn't even get your hopes up for the next GTA after V to have it.

Theres too many improvements being made in other areas for Rockstar to introduce destruction, way too time consuming and would run like complete garbage on consoles. Thats just one good looking scripted cutscene, just like they always are.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

I am sick of seeing canceled games. And I was always upset that they wouldn't add this much realism to a GTA. Or at least not yet. I do however recall in GTA SA that a few places were breakable, on a bridge, a Ad board and that part of the building during the last mission where you have to drive through it, but it lets you do it anytime during the game lol as long as u got something big enough.
Other then that...other GTAs haven't had anything of the sort. It sucks stuff only happens in cut scenes, it's kind of annoying. You should be able to break almost everything you see, besides buildings(which obviously wouldn't be able to be re-spawned) lol....

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

we wish...everything, that is destroyed would have to restore, otherwise Los Santos would feel like an empty ghost town...i played Red Faction Guerrilla and there were destroyable environment! ...but once i destroyed everything there was nothing left to do, which isn't very good for free roam open world game like that...

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

xD right right....that's why if they DID allow the destruction of certain thing they'd need those things to re-spawn again after you leave the area or what have you. It'd be the only way it'd work. But I think
that'd be a lot of work and I can imagine the game lagging a bit if the structure was huge.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

I have a dream... that I can grab a truck in a GTA game and smash a house with it entering by one side and leaving by the other, or to shot from a tank and make a hole".

But thats all there is, a dream. The cracks on the wall aren't so different from the ones you had in GTA IV when you smashed a wall with a car.

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 01:07)
I have a dream... that I can grab a truck in a GTA game and smash a house with it entering by one side and leaving by the other, or to shot from a tank and make a hole".

But thats all there is, a dream. The cracks on the wall aren't so different from the ones you had in GTA IV when you smashed a wall with a car.

play Red Faction Guerrilla and your dreams will be fulfilled! lol.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

It doesn't have to be a cutscene, just a scripted explosion in game time.

Every apsect of the explosion has been painstakingley created to happen exactly how it happens, it DOESN'T HAVE to be a cutscene.

VATG
  • VATG

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

i understand none of yall watched the 8 days videos... i didn't say EVERYTHING will be destructible i was referring to concrete columns and some of the walls in the game obvious not everything could be designed to be fully demolished.

plus if they could do those kind of things in a game 8-9 years ago im more then sure they can do the same things now only better.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users