Your GTA story

20 replies to this topic
HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

We are a large community joined together because of Grand Theft Auto.
Now, tell us how did you meet GTA!
Your first Grand Theft Auto experience! Why did you registered here in the forums?
How did it began?

My story:
I wasn't such a gamer or anything before the release of San Andreas. A cousin played the game A LOT when it released, he asked me if I wanted to play. I (knowing nothing else in games than Super Mario Bros. and Crash Bandicoot) was amazed by the big incredible map and the huge amount of violence. A year later, I bought an Xbox and played the sh*t out of San Andreas, III and Vice City for months. Then, I started watching San Andreas modding videos in YouTube, so I bought the game for PC and learned simple modding by reading these forums. After some years (and hours in front of a screen playing LCS, VCS and IV), V was announced. I spent hours reading about theories and stuff about the game in a Spanish speaking gaming forum, and I realized that most of the theories came from this site, so I registered smile.gif

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

This deserves to be in the GTA Series Chat section.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:51 PM Edited by HUGOHL, 02 January 2013 - 11:05 PM.

Oh!
Okay, sorry blush.gif

EDIT
You know what? I take that back, this topic is also to know why did you guys registered here in the forums, wich is a little bit off topic for GTA series chat subforum.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Belongs here mate.

EDIT: Seems I've been beaten to the punch.

Anyway on topic, I started playing GTA's from about the age of five onward with my first being the original Grand Theft Auto on my Playstation One.

And I registered on the forums because I was excited about Grand Theft Auto V and wanted to talk about it.

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

In actuality, I'm the one called 'vinvegar'...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

I can give you the whole rundown on when, where, why and how I discovered GTA, but I'll keep this short and sweet. My older brother had a friend who invited him (and I tagged along because he wasn't allowed to leave the house without me as we were alone) to his house to play a brand new game he had received for his PC for his birthday. I assumed it was Final Doom or another popular title, but it turned out to be Grand Theft Auto 1. Needless to say, I fell in love with the game and it's originality and gameplay, therefore, I just had to have it for my own PlayStation.

From about spring 2008 until about fall 2010, I had appeared on these boards reading and informing myself with the GTA community, all while not using a designated username. I was more interested in learning about the game itself and reading others' opinions on various aspects of the game than actually posting. In November of 2010, I created 'StoneHead37' to indulge myself into GTAForums.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:10 AM Edited by zoo3891, 04 January 2013 - 11:36 PM.

When I was maybe 9 or 10 I always heard kids talking about Grand Theft Auto San Andreas in school, it was probably the only thing they talked about (other than WWE and Family Goy) so I decided to ask my dad to go to Wal-Mart and pick it up so I'd have something to talk about with them (I never liked sports, and Family Guy was on too late for me to see all the time, and I didn't have much else to talk to people in school about). When I got to Wal-Mart I had a choice between Vice City and San Andreas and I couldn't remember which one everyone liked so much, I ended up choosing SA because the box made it sound better than VC.

Anyway, I couldn't get very far in the game because I was young and bad at gaming, and I couldn't play it whenever my mom was around because she'd have hated the language used in it, so I ended up selling the game back to gamestop for a quarter of what I payed about two weeks after buying the game. How open the world was did stick with me though, so after a year I decided to go back to gamestop and buy it again (after trying to buy it from a friend who wanted to sell it because he couldn't beat that race you do against Ceaser in Los Santos, his disk was too scratched and the playstation didn't read it), and this time I kept it and found cheats that made the game easy enough for me to beat (I also eventually started playing it at night when I was at my mom's house).

I found this site during my first play through GTA IV apparently, I probably just searched for "grand theft auto forum" on Google.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

My GTA story started when I ran over a heap of peds in GTA 1 and proceeded to burst out in laughter hearing the burp/fart button when I was 12.

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

me against the world

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:28 AM Edited by Shyabang Shyabang, 03 January 2013 - 12:14 PM.

I watched my older cousin play Vice City. He drove around and explained which songs he liked when he was a kid. And he explained why the commercials were funny to him.
I was in awe of the game. It was the first time that I saw a game with such a large map and such detail.

QUOTE (Coat. @ Wednesday, Jan 2 2013, 19:06)

I heard that the American action tv series showed a lot of vehicle stunts and car chases at that time. They didn't have CGI. Despite the extreme violence, most of those series didn't have any of the characters killed. My older cousin explained that to me while watching that Vice City intro.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

I first started playing GTA back in 2000, I was only 6, GTA 2 was my first one, I played it on my friend's PS1, I loved it and I knew I had to get it once I get back home, long story short I got it the next day and I'm a huge fan since then, IV and San Andreas are my favourites in the series, but I slightly prefer IV.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

I never really knew about GTA until the age of around 6-7. On my 7th birthday I got San Andreas on the XBOX (I think, not entirely sure) and then a bit after my dad brought his old PS2 and all of his games in. And the first game I noticed out of this pile was GTA III. For Xmas 2005 I got Vice City. In 2006 I got a PSP and LCS. Of course, because I was young I sucked at any game involving gunfire, so in practically every mission I tried to just run people over.
My parents brought me up playing Midtown Madness 3 since like 2002-2003. I had a Halo game too but I never played it (I only had it as it came with the Xbox)

I used to read GTAF for a while until finally deciding to make an account (because of GTAV)

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

I started off with Vice City back in 2004 or 2005, at the age of roughly 8, but at the time I much preferred GTA 3, and I still do to this day. Both games are equally nostalgic to me. Played San Andreas at a friend's house (I was completely unaware of the game at the time) and proceeded to buy the game the following year.

It is still my favourite game if all time. inlove.gif

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

I got vice city in 2002 when i was 10 and played gta ever since. smile.gif

markwey
  • markwey

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

The very first time I played Vice City was back in 2003 when I was 10 years old.
Great memories.

And, well... playing Grand Theft Auto video games ever since.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

I first played Grand Theft Auto: Vice City back in 2006 when I was eleven years old. Even though I was just the PlayStation 2 version, it was the best technology I had discovered since television.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

A similar topic and in the right place too. smile.gif

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Gee, GTA 1! Saw it at a friend's on PC. Loved it from the very first moment. You, able to steal any car, do crime jobs, have shootouts with police and gangsters.

Has been revolutionary. GTA London and GTA 2 followed...same fun. I skipped GTA 3, but GTA Vice City was off the hook. Then GTA 3, then San Andreas, no LC or VC stories, but GTA IV more than any previous title.

GTA IV is polarizing...some love it, hate it...well to me it was GTA at its best.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 13:35)
A similar topic and in the right place too. smile.gif

Okay, nice poll.
But this topic is also to know how and when did you guys registered here in the forums.
So, in the most polite way, f*ck off smile.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

I played GTA 3 at my brothers place when it first came out and when I was 5. Ahh, good times smile.gif

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:24 PM Edited by GTA-King, 03 January 2013 - 10:26 PM.

I was around 10-12. My step sister was watching me, and she told me to go in her brother's room and play some video games. So I did. The first game I saw was called "GTA 2." I looked at the back, and I thought it was pretty neat how it was a top down view of a living breathing city. So I popped it in, and began playing. Instantly fell in love. The freedom and atmosphere was sooo addicting. Literally, the first thing I did was run around farting and burping. I just couldn't get enough of it! I eventually started going on killing sprees, doing missions, ect. I just instantly fell in love with it. I looked through the manual, and noticed they were making a 3D version called "GTA III" and it was coming out soon. I've been addicted to this series ever since that historic day! icon14.gif

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

At my house the only consoles we ever had was a Sega, a Sega genesis and a Playstation one. One day my cousin came over to my house with a ps2 and a variety of games. I was amazed when I saw the great graphics and heard the awesome sounds. After a few game we started going through the stack and there was this one with an interesting name. Grand Theft Auto III. We pushed the eject button on the drive and popped the disk into the tray and closed it. A few seconds later we were driving around and I wasn't used to the controls and I ran someone over. When I ran that person over and heard the sound of their digital body being crushed beneath the weight of my car, I knew instantly that this is one game and series that I would be playing until I met either my, or it's end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users