Photo

Rock n Roll Story

33 replies to this topic
AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:57 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 14 January 2013 - 03:11 PM.

user posted image

Theme song:

Story takes place in 80's,San Andreas desert,how some people created an amazing Rock music band.

Part 1: In The Begining
1. Old days
2. Making plans
3. The run
4. Wanna go?
5. First release

Part 2: Rich Career
6. Complete the album
7. Around the city
8. Rock n roll!
9. Too much popularity
10. Small mistake

Part 3: Wanna A Break
11. Rich or poor
12. One leaf went
13. Wanna Break?
14. Back to the past
15. Big mistake

Part 4: Chatastrope
16. As you can see
17. Money talks
18. Again...
19. Without anything
20. Almost dead

Part 5: Dead End
21. One more leaf went
22. Time to pay
23. New time
24. Just survive
25. Dead end

Agent Kowalski
  • Agent Kowalski

Secret Service Penguin

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Nice. You're back in the business. Gonna play it and good luck, man.

0G THUG
  • 0G THUG

DYOM mission designer\user

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Nice cutscene biggrin.gif I'm waiting for more

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Played it, it was short for an intro, but the cutscenes were great, i liked how he made that super jump!

ogiELman
  • ogiELman

DYOM Designer

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Glad to see you back! I see your skils are very good with v7,great cutscene,just make next missions longer. Goodluck!

Kaydee.
  • Kaydee.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Some things are really good, but other things you really need to improve.

You used the moving cut-scenes very well, especially in the part the biker jumps that bridge.
This creativity is what I want to see in future missions.

The grammar, spelling and writing were pretty bad, didn't understand half of the dialogues.
But I understood the story, it sounds nice and unique. Glad to see someone who thinks different in terms of storyline.

Although the length of mission doesn't bother me, this one was short. You could have shown more of the story, then we'd know what is this about. But if you did that in the intention to let a suspense in the air it was good, I don't know what will happen and that is good, I'd rather to discover more about the story slowly.

The mission in the overall was good, just improve what mentioned above,keep up with your creativity, be sure to build an entertaining storyline and this is gonna rock the house!

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

WillBe,0G THUG & ogiELman: Thanks! icon14.gif Mission 2 is much longer!

Zizo008: I overated with short intro,I know it was too short and thanks for good cutscene and super jump! Those things are saving me from hell of short mission. Anyway thanks! icon14.gif

Kaydee: Well i guess,none gave me feedback deitaled like that for a longer time. i'm trying to improve my grammar,and thanks for commenting about my cutscene (and V7) skills. icon14.gif
I used a little more creativity for mission,like i'll do for next. And yeah,this story is unique,this is what i never tried to do,nor i saw someone did this like me. About informations,i didn't put much informations cause i want player to find informations by himself,just like you said. This is gonna rock the house! Thank you for feedback like this,i guess i'll need more feedbacks like this one! wink.gif

Update:

I just hosted GTAG page about this,more informations about it you can find here.
Theme song has been added.
Mission 2 has been realased.

0G THUG
  • 0G THUG

DYOM mission designer\user

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Mission 2. You should improve cutscene timing , if you know what I mean. cool.gif

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

- Confirmed to be fixed in the patch-update.

Everyone: If you're playing missions,please give me feedback and tell me precise where are the bugs or glitchs.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

I actually think the cutscene timing is great actually. I just played it, there isn't much gameplay, but following your friend is nice, it took sometime and there driving was perfect, they avoid crashing and even if they do they don't fall, it was great, i almost lost him. In the begining, i think you should have used the moving cutscene more frequently, especially the Linear and follow actor ones. You also have missed some .noa
Keep up!

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

I don't see i missed some noa files? Everything is perfect at me,just there's small problem. I'm using too many mods ingame,maybe that makes my mission looks different at my PC. But i have clear SA at my USB,so i'll use clear version for designing. I think it will help too much. And thanks for feedback Zizo! icon14.gif

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Update:

Mission 3 has been realased.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Played the 3rd. It was cool, that chase was great, you make them drive perfectly. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the guy with spiky hair doesn't move. Another thing, how could the cops be so close yet they don't catch them?
You have some writing mistakes but i really don't mind them. Anyway, you really don't need to upload sound seperately, you can put everything in an archive and then upload to the DYOM website.
And about the .noa thing, it wasn't your fault but it's DYOM's, it happend to me in Resident Evil, they just sometimes start early.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:50 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 03 January 2013 - 09:58 PM.

1.I don't know what happened to that guy,he just don't move. First time i tested mission,guy didn't follow the rutes,but the guy you need to catch,also didn't move. Then i tried to fix it and he started following the rutes,but first guy from the music band was still there.
- Confirmed to be fixed in the patch-update.

2.Cops came to the caffe accidentally. They coudn't see pistol in his hand cause he quickly moved it to his pocket,but that man decited to get out of there cause he was scared. He thought cops will find his pistol and arrest him.

And that for archive...I've already knew it,but for this MP,i'll upload it seperately. In my next stories (possibly storylines),i'll upload it all in archive.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Update:

Mission 4 has been realased.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

The mission was good as always. Driving seems to be one of the missions main focus for now, it feels like we're a biker gang. They drive very well, and i almost lost them. That roaming part was kinda useless in my opinion since propably most of the players will just go to the checkpoint.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Yes,they're like biker gang,so they decited to change some things in their life. About roaming...Yes it was useless,i should put some fun things in the city for roaming. Anyway...Action,music...Will just begin in the Part 2: Rich Career! icon14.gif

Yezz007
  • Yezz007

Name is Bond, James Bond

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Its nice to see that you have came back!
I played the missions and the "Long Travel" part is challenging enough, but in the fourth mission: Are you trolling me? Those bikers always turning around before heading straight, is that you or it is engine weakness whatsthat.gif ?
Anyway, nice mission design, but the dialogue could be still more better.

Man, i missed the sound files, why don't you put a BIG warning showing the sounds are uploaded in different place confused.gif ?

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I don't know what happened in fourth mission. Maybe it's cause i used copy way point (CTRL + P) and maybe something was wrong with that. I put rotes twice and still same result.
Ok,i'll write better dialouge.
About sounds...Here

user posted image

user posted image

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (AnDReJ98 @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 15:29)
Thanks for the feedback! I don't know what happened in fourth mission. Maybe it's cause i used copy way point (CTRL + P) and maybe something was wrong with that. I put rotes twice and still same result.

It's not your fault. It happend to me too, sometimes when driving in a highway they always go crazy, leaving it then returning for no reason, it's because of the new route system, sometimes they drive perfectly, and sometimes they become stupid as hell.

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 14:43)
QUOTE (AnDReJ98 @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 15:29)

It's not your fault. It happend to me too, sometimes when driving in a highway they always go crazy, leaving it then returning for no reason, it's because of the new route system, sometimes they drive perfectly, and sometimes they become stupid as hell.

It's designed that in highway the peds drive in "Agressive" behaviour, maybe that has to do something.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

No I tried it to normal and slow mod and it's almost same. dozingoff.gif

Yezz007
  • Yezz007

Name is Bond, James Bond

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by Yezz007, 06 January 2013 - 03:15 PM.

QUOTE (AnDReJ98 @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 21:29)
About sounds...Here

Yes, thats not big for me:
-I think you also put the same files to gtagarage
-I never care the description on the DYOM website, only every i download mission from GTAF
-Now i know, you don't need to follow my suggestion to use
CODE
[SIZE=10]Sounds Link[/SIZE]  //Don't do this

Please don't do that,......you-know

About that route-points, it might be the Freeway bike.

READ: Well you don't really need to make it big, you know, open the spoiler.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Ok,sorry man,i'll do it for sounds. Yeah,some people don't care about DYOM description,but ok,i'll fix it just i'm done with the fifth mission.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Update:

Mission 5 has been released.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Bump with missions!
catloaf_by_anuj.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Played the latest missions. I knew you were going to use that place, not as a garage though. it was nice when we listened to that song, but i expected the band together to do it, not one guy. It still has biker gang feeling, sometimes it kinda goes away from the Rock theme, i'm not sure if those are just random encounters with thiefs, or actual enemies in the future. I also felt things were a little quick, from one song to an album, i know it's a new Chapter, but at least you coulda made some changes in 2 years, like a new place, fans wanting a photo...

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:45 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 16 January 2013 - 01:50 PM.

Do you remember The problems with those guys in desert? That's the way i'm doing,everything conection. tounge.gif I needed to skip when they're doing it together cause you know in SAMP there's guitar like pickup,but in DYOM,there's no. And there's no animation for guitar so it was skipped,but in next mission they have a cocert and they're going to new place. And one the start of the mission Steve said: 'Rook,we don't have to listen our music 1000 times!' That mean,they already played instruments together and they make it to CD,but Rook liked his new song,so he singed it 100 times. biggrin.gif Thanks for feedback. icon14.gif

P.S: In next mission everything will be explained,like 'it's going far away from rock theme'. And their still is like ZZ top's,biker rock still. Listen them to Youtube and you will see.

Exekucnak
  • Exekucnak

DYOM Mission Player

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

The storyline has far from being awesome, but you are on of the few people who can push DYOM to the maximum, I was shouting "wow "every few seconds during those amazing cutscenes. Really big + from me for your design skills icon14.gif

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Awesome, i didn't play something from you since a LOT of time ago!
It's an original idea this one too :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users