» «
Photo

[REL|VC] Vice City Stories radio stations in Vice City

12 replies to this topic
mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:44 AM Edited by mitchnorton, 19 June 2013 - 04:50 AM.

I decided to make a quick little mod that replaces all of GTA Vice City's original radio stations with the ones from Vice City Stories cause, while VC had a solid soundtrack, I must admit that VCS' soundtrack was a little bit better (especially V-Rock tounge2.gif )!

This mod changes:

*Replaces VC's 9 original radio stations, with the 9 radio stations from Vice City Stories.
*128 kbps, MP3 audio, converted to the ADF format for compatibility of course.
*All radio stations are replaced by their VCS respectives, apart from K-Chat which is replaced by VC for Lovers, Wildstyle is replaced by Fresh FM, and Fever 105 is replaced by Paradise FM.
*Updated american.gxt with all the new radio station names. French, German, Italian and Spanish languages have also been updated.
*Updated the frontend2.txd, replacing the radio station logos for K-Chat, Wildstyle and Fever 105 to VC for Lovers, Fresh FM and Paradise FM respectively.

Here's a quick video showing off the new stations in Vice City:

If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, that would be great although the purpose of this mod has been fulfilled so I'm not sure how anyone can leave any suggestions but people always manage to surprise me.

DOWNLOAD: http://rapidshare.co...io_mod_1.01.rar DOWNLOAD LINK WORKS AGAIN

As I said before, this is a great mod for people who loved VCS' music and want to be able to listen to it in VC.

====================================================================================================
CHANGES

1.01 - Added and Updated french.gxt, german.gxt, italian.gxt and spanish.gxt with the new radio station names.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (mitchnorton @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 10:44)
while VC had a solid soundtrack, I must admit that VCS' soundtrack was a little bit better (especially V-Rock tounge2.gif )!

No way, VC has far better soundtrack tounge.gif . Good work on mod though.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Nice---

My suggestion--I don't know if it is feasable or not (Or if you or anyone would even want to do this)-- would be to ADD the VCS stations to the existing VC stations-- I liked ALL the VC and VCS stations--- not sure if you could add the stations (have 18 total) or simply merge the stations--- (example-- merge the VCS and VC V-rock stations together so they just play sequentially).

mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 20:02)
Nice---

My suggestion--I don't know if it is feasable or not (Or if you or anyone would even want to do this)-- would be to ADD the VCS stations to the existing VC stations-- I liked ALL the VC and VCS stations--- not sure if you could add the stations (have 18 total) or simply merge the stations--- (example-- merge the VCS and VC V-rock stations together so they just play sequentially).

The only way to add stations would be to go into the game's code and mess around with too much other sh*t. Combining them however is definitely possible, but I'm not sure how well it would really work in practice. And of course I still couldn't include K-Chat, Fever 105 or Wildstyle unless I had them piggyback off other stations. Good suggestion spuds. I might work on it sometime soon.

FlyeThemoon
  • FlyeThemoon

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

Nice Idea biggrin.gif did have plans LCS RadioStations to III ?

mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (FlyeThemoon @ Friday, Jan 11 2013, 02:38)
Nice Idea biggrin.gif did have plans LCS RadioStations to III ?

I might work on it soon.

FlyeThemoon
  • FlyeThemoon

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

GREAT! biggrin.gif

About VCS Stations, i suggestion Change Vice City Lovers to VCFL, Because name its too long smile.gif

mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (FlyeThemoon @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 06:57)
GREAT! biggrin.gif

About VCS Stations, i suggestion Change Vice City Lovers to VCFL, Because name its too long smile.gif

Oh I didn't really pay attention to that when editing the GXT biggrin.gif As far as I checked the text doesn't cover anything up and fits perfectly in the audio menu and on screen so I don't see much point in changing it now, but thanks for the suggestion anyway colgate.gif

Leone Sentinel
  • Leone Sentinel

Radio Espantoso!

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

This is a great idea and I tried to download it but it says that permission to download has been denied by the uploader when I open the download link. Why is this?

JuNioR_
  • JuNioR_

All you had to do was follow the damn train...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

I got them all with MFAudio - WAV->MP3 and ADF converter.

But you made it simple for people without original game.

Good job smile.gif

Vice City Crockett
  • Vice City Crockett

Vice Squad

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Does anyone have these files?

The link is dead.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Moved to the Showroom.

OP is still somewhat active, so the bump isn't that bad.
  • Vice City Crockett likes this

Vice City Crockett
  • Vice City Crockett

Vice Squad

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Moved to the Showroom.

OP is still somewhat active, so the bump isn't that bad.

Thanks, sorry about that. I was curious. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users