6 replies to this topic
Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

Hello folks!

For those that don't know, I'm a game designer currently independently creating games after finishing my schooling. While searching for a job, I decided to make productive use of my time and create some games to go into the app stores of the world, if only for the experience and possibly for the money. And right now I'm needing some play testers for my current project, Terra Firma.

Terra Firma is a "roguelike" farm management game which puts the players in the shoes of a farmer in wild Norway. In this turn-based games, players must plant, harvest and trade in order to get food and survive the harsh winters. Each season takes 5 turns, and you can either plant, harvest or trade during each turn, and the weather plays a big part on your success, as well as your own decision making and planning abilities. You will die.

The game is currently in pre-alpha status, with all the features completed and implemented and working. Graphics wise it's only a bunch of cubes and cylinders, functional enough to make the game playable. I'm aiming for a sort of "3D pixel art" visual style, but that will come later. I want to get the game balanced and fun first.

That's where you come in. I'm looking for volunteers to help me test features, test the balance of the game and provide useful feedback. You need to have an android device and be a frequent player of casual games. Post here if you're interested, and we'll talk.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

You had me at farm management game! I have a Nokia Lumia 800, or are you just making it for Ifruit?

Edit: I just read that you have to be using an android device, I was exited and did not read properly sad.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

I have Ipad, but as the guy above said, usure if strictly Android.

Interested though.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Ideally Android, so screen sizes and performances can also be tested as you go along. But failing that, I can make a Windows build no problem. iOS will only come later, as it needs a ton of setup before being able to share stuff. I'll pm you two a link to download it, as well as some instructions! Thank you very much for your help!

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Let me guess... your using unity3d? Good engine, easy to port to other platforms.
Only bad thing is it requires additional licences to port to consoles.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:45 AM Edited by Tchuck, 01 January 2013 - 12:48 AM.

Yes I am, amazingly capable engine and I have developed for it before. Luckily I have licenses for both iOS and Android too, which is where you wanna be at right now. Developing for consoles, unless you use their "indie" systems, is a major pain and very expensive. But they also have this system called Union where you send them your game, and they'll see other platforms to where it could be deployed, and work out deals with publishers and stuff.

Alex Vance
  • Alex Vance

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 00:35)
Let me guess... your using unity3d? Good engine, easy to port to other platforms.
Only bad thing is it requires additional licences to port to consoles.

I never knew Unity3D supported mobiles and smartphones wow.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users