Graphics Error

4 replies to this topic
Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Hi everyone, I've recently taken advantage of the big Steam sale and have downloaded all the major GTA games. SA works fine so no need to bother with that, but it's mainly III and to an extent VC that I'm having problems with. The main problem with III is that everything is way too dark, even with the brightness setting turned up, so most vehicles and buildings appear as black with a tad of colour showing underneath.

A problem with both III and VC is that there seems to be a big mesh on the screen, which appears to stretch out the game, I'd suspect this is an error with the resolution, but the thing is, I can't get the resolution to change from 640x480x16, so I was wondering if there was another way round this.

I'm currently away from my computer just now so don't exactly know the specs, the only thing I know right now is that my computer runs using Windows 7.

Thanks in advance~

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

When you get back to your PC, can you post up your specs? A screenshot could prove helpful as well. As for the resolution, you can not change it after you have loaded a savegame (which I suppose you have as you said the game looked strange while playing) so go in to the graphics options first thing after you start the game. Then the resolution option should be available for you to change.

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:05 AM Edited by Gary-X, 31 December 2012 - 03:28 PM.

EDIT
Thanks for your help, this has solved the screen problem, although I still have the problems with the darkness.

PC Specs
Operating System: Windows 7 (SP1)
Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics Family
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3.GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM

I also got a picture to show the problem with.

Red_153D
  • Red_153D

LCPD

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Gary-X @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 02:05)
EDIT
Thanks for your help, this has solved the screen problem, although I still have the problems with the darkness.

PC Specs
Operating System: Windows 7 (SP1)
Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics Family
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3.GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM

I also got a picture to show the problem with.

You should try this: http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1859227

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Yep, that download fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users