Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does Claude kill Maria

32 replies to this topic

Poll: Does Claude kill Maria or not? (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Does Claude kill Maria or not?

1. Yes, he does (10 votes [21.28%])

Percentage of vote: 21.28%

2. Maybe, he does (9 votes [19.15%])

Percentage of vote: 19.15%

3. No, he doesn't (17 votes [36.17%])

Percentage of vote: 36.17%

4. It's doesn't matter (11 votes [23.40%])

Percentage of vote: 23.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote
PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Do you think Claude kills Maria during the final mission, called The Exchange? Thanks for the votes smile.gif .

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

No one knows, even Rockstar doesn't know. I think he didn't kill her.

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 18:09)
No one knows, even Rockstar doesn't know. I think he didn't kill her.

Never trust everything what says Rockstar and GTAWiki. They're both poor liars. Rockstar always tells us lie because, they doesn't let us know the truth for no reason. GTAWiki is full of noobs, who know nothing and add sh*t there.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I think that during the final mission, Claude only wanted revenge - on both Catalina and Maria. Yeah, when you think about it, the only thing Maria managed to do in the game was get him in trouble with Sal, essentially driving him out of Portland in the middle of a good, promising career with the Mafia. With Asuka dead, there was virtually nothing stopping Claude from killing Maria after Catalina was wiped out, and he, if anyone, wouldn't waste a chance. (Well, except with Catalina and Miguel in "Cutting the Grass" where both of them were out in the open with Curly Bob, ready to be killed, but that's just video game logic I assume sly.gif )

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Carbonox @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 18:17)
I think that during the final mission, Claude only wanted revenge - on both Catalina and Maria. Yeah, when you think about it, the only thing Maria managed to do in the game was get him in trouble with Sal, essentially driving him out of Portland in the middle of a good, promising career with the Mafia. With Asuka dead, there was virtually nothing stopping Claude from killing Maria after Catalina was wiped out, and he, if anyone, wouldn't waste a chance. (Well, except with Catalina and Miguel in "Cutting the Grass" where both of them were out in the open with Curly Bob, ready to be killed, but that's just video game logic I assume sly.gif )

So, your answer is "yes, he does"?

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (PK_LT @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 21:28)

'Twas indeed. None of us can obviously know for sure, but speculation is fun colgate.gif

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Carbonox @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 18:31)

'Twas indeed. None of us can obviously know for sure, but speculation is fun colgate.gif

I know but can you tell me your choosen vote?

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (PK_LT @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 21:36)

The "'Twas" part actually meant "yes" or more specifically "it was", sorry, I didn't pay attention to the language barrier. sad.gif

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Carbonox @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 21:38)
QUOTE (PK_LT @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 21:36)

The "'Twas" part actually meant "yes" or more specifically "it was", sorry, I didn't pay attention to the language barrier. sad.gif

I don't think Claude would have stayed much with the Mafia in Portland at all. Revenge was what gave him motivation to work for almost all the gangs in the game.
If you think a little, Claude is pretty calm throughout the game with everyone in every situation, and Maria was a non-stop radio every time you meet her, so I don't think Claude killed him, it was just a warning shot translating to : STFU.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

We don't know and we never will, unless Rockstar decide to tell us what they really meant by those ending scenes. I don't think it matters anymore, nor does does discussing this further.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

@ PK_LT FYI this comes from directly from R* from asked questions at 10th anniversary, why would they lie they want to keep it as a mystery. They added that final shot just for fun, so people could either believe that he shot her or not. I doubt they will ever say something on this anymore, maybe on 20th anniversary monocle.gif It's better when some things remain unanswered imo.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

[...]the only thing Maria managed to do in the game was get him in trouble with Sal, essentially driving him out of Portland in the middle of a good, promising career with the Mafia. With Asuka dead, there was virtually nothing stopping Claude from killing Maria[...]

That's why I am sure that Claude killed her.

If Claude didn't kill her, she would only bring him more trouble in the future.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

It wasn't gunshot, it was a truck's exhaust pipe LoLOLOLOL

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

I don't know, maybe yes, maybe no... Actually I think that was just a sound to end the game tounge2.gif

BohanBrawler
  • BohanBrawler

Neighborhood Sniper

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 21:12)
I don't know, maybe yes, maybe no... Actually I think that was just a sound to end the game tounge2.gif

thanks for quoting housers.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

No.
End of story.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Nah, I don't think so, It was either a sound effect to mark the end of the game, like Cida said,
or it was to shut Maria up, he doesn't kill her.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Go use the text editor to look at the game text files. Theres cut lines of dialogue that Maria says to claude AFTER the gunshot, about her being scared and she thought to act like a big girl. This was cut for whatever reason.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

This is the one of the biggest ambiguities within the game. Until Rockstar gives a clear answer, we won't know for sure. But they prefer to act dumb in order to keep us wondering - and that is what I don't like about them.

Personally I think Claude didn't kill Maria. Just think: Why would he be going through all the trouble saving her just to kill her? He could as well could have killed her as soon as he appeared on the dam, before blowing up Catalina's chopper.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

No doubt in my mind he did. He had no reason to keep her around, she was simply being an annoying b*tch, and Claude is simply a stone-cold murderer.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 08:15)
Just think: Why would he be going through all the trouble saving her just to kill her? He could as well could have killed her as soon as he appeared on the dam, before blowing up Catalina's chopper.

Do you seriously believe that Claude just went there exclusively to rescue Maria? It's obvious that he went there to kill Catalina once and for all.
And he probably didn't kill her as soon as he saw her, because he didn't have time, his main focus was to take down Catalina.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 16:50)
Just think: Why would he be going through all the trouble saving her just to kill her? He could as well could have killed her as soon as he appeared on the dam, before blowing up Catalina's chopper.

Do you seriously believe that Claude just went there exclusively to rescue Maria? It's obvious that he went there to kill Catalina once and for all.
And he probably didn't kill her as soon as he saw her, because he didn't have time, his main focus was to take down Catalina.

Then why did Claude collect the ransom money to get Maria back? He could have just easily stormed the place.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 15:04)
QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 16:50)

Then why did Claude collect the ransom money to get Maria back? He could have just easily stormed the place.

True, he could have arrived with a Rhino and blasted it off,
the mission would have said "You need a Rhino in order to do this mission",
he would have taken down both with no trouble.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 14:04)

Claude couldn't do that, it would be too hard, if not impossible, it would have been easier to infiltrate on her basement following her rules.

QUOTE (lol232)

That's absurd, how would Claude get a tank?

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 18:17)

Claude couldn't do that, it would be too hard, if not impossible, it would have been easier to infiltrate on her basement following her rules.

QUOTE (lol232)

Get a 6 Star Wanted level and steal it? sigh.gif

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 20:22)
QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 18:17)

QUOTE (lol232)

Get a 6 Star Wanted level and steal it? sigh.gif

lol232, your humor is still the same. ( I suppose that's why your username has "lol" in it )
@ClaudeSpeedRulez That's just not Claude's style.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I think Claude liked Maria!! She added a 'little colour' to his life tounge2.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 15:50)

I'm not denying that he went there with a primary objective of avenging Catalina. But why couldn't he have taken Maria down straight after he killed Catalina then? Or even before that? He shot Maria's guard? So why not shoot her along the way?

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yah, you're all right..............
..............But I still think he shot her. rolleyes.gif

Haashir911
  • Haashir911

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

He Wouldn't Shoot Maria otherwise Claude wasted his time Collecting Ransom.
Maybe that Shot's a Warning to tell Maria to Shut up ?

Anyways here's Maria's Lines written in the Text Files.

"I broke a nail, and my hair's ruined. Can you believe it ? This one cost me 50 dollars!
I was so scared, but then I thought to myself, you're a big girl now.
Oh we're going to have so much fun, cause, you know, my sister said she wanted to come to stay with her two kids.
Because her husband's playing around again and..."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users