Photo

The Desert Tales

21 replies to this topic
Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:16 AM Edited by SatournFan, 31 December 2012 - 04:22 AM.

Hello, my fellow DYOMers! Today is the big day for me (and maybe for you too, who knows?), because today I have finally finished my first mission pack (believe it or not). So yeah, here you go...

user posted image

“You can’t know what sand hides...”
STORY
1995... The Falcone Clan, once the most powerful gang in the whole desert, loses its main territory and now has to hide in ruins.
1998... Dan Reed, one of the most important members of the clan, comes home after 4 years in Vice City, only to realise that the clan is no longer big and powerful.
CHARACTERS
Dan Reed
Protagonist, one of the important members of the Falcone Clan.
Joe Barbosa
Dan’s old friend and the only partner, candidate on underboss’ place in Clan.
Peter Falcone
Leader of the Falcone Clan in San Andreas and former member of “The Company of Six”. His clan controls Valle Ocultado and Aldea Malvada.
Dale Ners
Leader of the Desert Demons MC and one of the people who has the piece of desert. In his case, it’s Snake Farm and Verdant Meadows.
Bogdan Dimitrev
Leader of the Russian Mafia and one of the people who has the piece of desert. In his case, it’s Las Barrancas. He is Peter’s only ally in the “Company of Six”.
Cho
Leader of the Triads gang and one of the people who has the piece of desert. In his case, it’s Bayside.
Joey Jerome
Leader of the Headhunters gang and one of the people who has the piece of desert. In his case, it’s Fort Carson.
Kazuko Hirano
Leader of the Yakuza gang and one of the people who has the piece of desert. In his case, it’s El Quebrados.
Yu Tim
Leader of the Chinese Razors gang and one of the people who has the piece of desert. In his case, it’s Las Payasadas.
Don Gorg
Leader of Gargato Crime Family and the one who wants to destroy Peter’s Clan and “The Company of Six” to control the whole desert. He is the main antagonist.
Oliver
Don’s gunsmith and drug supplier.
GANGS
The Falcone Clan
Territory: Aldea Malvada, Valle Ocultado
Allies: Russian Mafia
Rivals: Chinese Razors, Yakuza, Gargato Crime Family
The Russian Mafia
Territory: Las Barrancas
Allies: The Falcone Clan
Rivals: Headhunters
Desert Demons MC
Territory: Snake Farm, Verdant Meadows
Allies: None
Rivals: Headhunters
Headhunters
Territory: Fort Carson
Allies: Chinese Razors
Rivals: The Russian Mafia, Desert Demons MC
Chinese Razors
Territory: Las Payasadas
Allies: Yakuza, Headhunters
Rivals: Triads
Triads
Territory: Bayside
Allies: None
Rivals: Chinese Razors, Yakuza
Yakuza
Territory: El Quebrados
Allies: Gargato Crime Family, Chinese Razors
Rivals: The Falcone Clan, Triads
Gargato Crime Family
Territory: The Visage
Allies: Yakuza
Rivals: The Falcone Clan
Thugs
Territory: Whitewood Estates
Allies: Gargato Crime Family
Rivals: Desert Demons MC
LOCATIONS
Valle Ocultado
One of the main locations in this mission pack. Valle Ocultado is the new territory of Falcone Clan, which was given to them by Yakuzas, the new owners of Clan’s homeland, El Quebrados. Joe’s office is here, as well as player’s first safehouse.
Alrea Malvada
One of the main locations in this mission pack. Aldea Malvada is the new and main territory of Falcone Clan. Peter’s office and also Clan’s HQ is here.
Las Payasadas
Las Payasadas is the main territory of Chinese Razors, Triads’ rival. Player comes here 3 times. Also, some thugs can be seen walking here (like in the mission “Return to Sender”)
Las Barrancas
The main territory of The Russian Mafia, though Russians doesn’t give missions here.
Fort Carson
The main territory of Desert Demons’ rivals, Headhunters.
El Quebrados
El Quebrados is a new main territory for Yakuzas of San Andreas. Before 1995 it was a main territory of the Falcone Clan. Player’s second safehouse will be located here.
Snake Farm
The main territory of Desert Demons MC. Their bar is located here.
The Visage
Gargato Crime Family’s main territory and Don Gorg’s apartments.
Las Brujas
Las Brujas is the ghost town where Yakuza members and Gargato mobsters were making deals. It became abandoned after the mission “It’s Time”.
MISSIONS
Chapter 1 - Back into sand
Chapter 2 - New connections
Chapter 3 - On the free way
Chapter 4 - End of the Tales
NOTE: These missions were created on DYOM 6.1
INFO
The content is absolutely bug and crash-free. If you'll encounter a bug/glitch/crash, make sure it appears a second time. If it does, then follow these steps:
  • Restart the game
  • Reinstall DYOM
  • Try to switch the CLEO versions
  • Reinstall the game
  • If you're playing on DYOM 7 or higher, downgrade to DYOM 6.1 (since these missions were created on 6.1)
If you'll still encounter any bugs, then it must be a problem of your PC.

If you want to give feedback, please note that I'd like to see a constructive one, with pros and cons. Also, I won't mind a written or video review.

The logo was made by CCPD. Thanks, man, I appreciate your effort. icon14.gif
  • HloudaCZE likes this

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Sooo, you can't actually download missions ?

Edit: Just saw what you wrote, sorry.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:21 AM Edited by SatournFan, 30 December 2012 - 07:30 AM.

You can now.

For those who visited this page the first time, read the 'INFO' section. It's quite important.

Apit2010 (Alanj2007Games)
  • Apit2010 (Alanj2007Games)

Youtuber, Developer (Indie Games), VFX Artist

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Your logo is too big. Resize it.
And why you don't make the mission using DYOM v7.02 ?
Is this MP were created before v7 release?
Just asking.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (apit2010 @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 16:32)
Just asking.

I started making it on Summer, that's why.

Actually, I'll request another logo. I'll leave that one for now.

Apit2010 (Alanj2007Games)
  • Apit2010 (Alanj2007Games)

Youtuber, Developer (Indie Games), VFX Artist

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (SatournFan @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 15:33)
QUOTE (apit2010 @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 16:32)
Just asking.

I started making it on Summer, that's why.

Actually, I'll request another logo. I'll leave that one for now.

So, this created before v7 release right?
Anyway, good luck with this wink.gif
I'll play this later because right now I'm busy making mission for my MP.

Dude1
  • Dude1

*Boom!!!* -Headshot!!!

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

Not bad smile.gif Will play this fo' sure. biggrin.gif

(Я реально русский! cool.gif )

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (Dude1 @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 16:36)
Not bad smile.gif Will play this fo' sure. biggrin.gif

(Я реально русский! cool.gif )

Great that you're Russian too, but since this is an English board, English is the preferable language here.

Thanks for your interest.

Be Kowalski
  • Be Kowalski

Poland Stronk

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Nice logo you got there. Gonna play it 4 sure, when I've time. smile.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Chapter 1:
The missions were nice, the story is good. It sometimes feels repetetive. For example, go to Joe, do that, go back to Joe, Mission Passed. I think it would've been better if done with the storyline feature. Cutscenes are great and your grammar is good, few mistakes but nothing worth mentioning. The gameplay is different which is good too.
Rating: 7.5/10
Feedback for next missions is coming soon.

BDR
  • BDR

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

I played the first chapter.

To be honest, I don't like the "gang war" theme that much, but these missions were enjoyable. Though the missions were all like "go to X, kill everybody, return" in summary, I believe it's like that because it's the first chapter.

Like Zizo said above, it could be much nicer if this was done with storyline feature. But still missions are nice and keeps you going on.

I'll give more feedback when I'm done with the other chapters. Nice work. icon14.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Thanks for your feedbacks, Zizo and BDR. About the storyline feature - I don't like it, to be honest. Plus it'd make a story less enjoyable in my opinion.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Played some missions from chapter one. I like gang theme missions but those were too repetitive. Like BDR and Zizo said. Grammar & cutcene were very good,but missions like those,i would perfer in storyline feature. But i can say: it was enjoyable! icon14.gif

Goodluck!

BDR
  • BDR

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

I played rest of the mission pack.

First of all, I got to say that you have nice designing skills. This mission pack was nice, but it could be much nicer. For example, all the missions are similiar to each other. You get a phone call, you go somewhere, you kill some people and return. After a point it gets very monotonus. There should be some missions that you do different things. A stealth based mission, for instance...

Also, your missions weren't challenging. Even the boss fights could be beaten easily. That is a downside for the gameplay.

And last, storytelling could be better. Except the missions which we did some stuff for the clan, whole chapters felt like a huge side quest to me. Ofcourse we did everything for the clan but other gangs' work was much more than clan's.

All in all, like I said above, you have nice designing skills but you should improve your storytelling and mission variety.

I'll give 7/10 for this mission pack. It could be better but, nice work. I was going to give 6/10 but since this is your first mission pack I didn't want your desire to be broken. smile.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

Okay, I see. Thanks for your feedback, BDR. I'll try to improve and maybe make better missions.

Dude1
  • Dude1

*Boom!!!* -Headshot!!!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (BDR @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 22:57)

First of all, I got to say that you have nice designing skills. This mission pack was nice, but it could be much nicer. For example, all the missions are similiar to each other. You get a phone call, you go somewhere, you kill some people and return. After a point it gets very monotonus. There should be some missions that you do different things. A stealth based mission, for instance...

Also, your missions weren't challenging. Even the boss fights could be beaten easily. That is a downside for the gameplay.

And last, storytelling could be better. Except the missions which we did some stuff for the clan, whole chapters felt like a huge side quest to me. Ofcourse we did everything for the clan but other gangs' work was much more than clan's.

All in all, like I said above, you have nice designing skills but you should improve your storytelling and mission variety.

I'll give 7/10 for this mission pack. It could be better but, nice work. I was going to give 6/10 but since this is your first mission pack I didn't want your desire to be broken. smile.gif

It's not his first mission pack mad.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Dude1 @ Tuesday, Jan 8 2013, 20:27)
QUOTE (BDR @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 22:57)

It's not his first mission pack mad.gif

It's my first finished mission pack, that's why.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

A bump, but deserves to be. I finished playing.

As a first sentence, I am going to say that this is absolutely one of the best mission packs I have ever played.

I love the GTA style in this. I always try to make it simple GTA style myself and this has the very same magic which makes the real GTA's so good. You really perfected the GTA style, kept me excited all the missions. Also, the best way to make me interested in playing a mission pack, is to make it take place in the deserts of Las Venturas. So very good job.

Some long drives were frustrating, but only if it happened many times in the row, like the two missions were you had to drive to Bayside, but it was okay.

I'm not good at giving long feedbacks, but my rating for this mission pack is 9/10. Great job, SF, I just hope you get on to work on more mission packs smile.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

First of all, thank you Notna for your feedback. I didn't expect anyone else to play, comment and play.

QUOTE (Notna)
Great job, SF, I just hope you get on to work on more mission packs smile.gif

I have an idea in my mind, but it will take too long to make it (if I'll finish it, of course).

Anyways, thanks for feedback once again icon14.gif

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Looks really Interesting....
I will try it for sure !

icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

DyomKing
  • DyomKing

My Name Is KING