» «
Photo

The Wolverine (2013)

37 replies to this topic
Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:15 PM Edited by Chukkles, 01 August 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Are they going to make it so X3 never really happened? I haven't seen it BTW, just guessing.
Would anyone see that as a cop-out?

Rewas
  • Rewas

• Members
  • None
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

Not a bad movie. It has some funny parts, intense action scenes and plot twists! I really need to get into Marvel movies again.

8/10.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

I saw it a few days ago and it was pretty good. I wasn't really in tune with the whole X-Men story arc but the after credits scene really was something.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Viper was kinda kinky in this.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

hollywood/illuminati are always messing everything up. i will wait to see it on an airplane for free (kind of) hopefully. everytime hugh jackman says "rawr!" or whatever, i bust out laughing. hollywood's hand in this has made the movie like fast in furious in tokyo with claws.
but you guys enjoy it, i will be over here with my old frank miller wolverine comics enjoying the real thing

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:15 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 18 August 2013 - 07:29 AM.

I saw it finally. I think it's not very Wolverine-y. Yeah he's cutting down bad guys, and all of that, but the character just seemed off. Why do they have to all of a sudden have Wolvie say "f*ck" in every movie? His time in Japan, is supposed to be a more epic journey, and a defining moment in his life. It's supposed to change him from a balls out berzerker, to a man with a much more focused vision of himself. This just felt like an excuse to have another Wolverine movie. The only real change in him is that his adamantium claws are cut off, a heart breaking moment for a geek like myself. But he's still got bone claws, so it's not so bad. That said, it was better than X-Men Origins.

As for the "stinger". It was pretty lame. Kind of like an end tagline saying, "Wolverine will be back in Days of Future Past!"

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 15:10)
hollywood/illuminati are always messing everything up. i will wait to see it on an airplane for free (kind of) hopefully. everytime hugh jackman says "rawr!" or whatever, i bust out laughing. hollywood's hand in this has made the movie like fast in furious in tokyo with claws.
but you guys enjoy it, i will be over here with my old frank miller wolverine comics enjoying the real thing

And Frank Miller never wrote Wolverine, not completely at least. He drew the pencils for the first volume of stand alone Wolvie comics and is credited as "Co-plotter", though. Chris Claremont is the guy you want to credit with making Wolverine who he is. If anything you should say you're "...over here with my old Chris Claremont Wolverine comic..."

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:00 AM

http://upload.wikime..._(vol._1)_1.jpg
wolverine didn't start fooling with ninjas until frank miller came on board there, just like daredevil
just like kirby and stan lee, look at what stories kirby told time and time again (new gods/eternals)

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

Chris Claremont wrote that series, and Frank Miller drew it. Yes, Miller had some input on the story, but not enough to say that he's the person who made Wolverine who he is. Claremont is the one responsible for Japan and ninjas and making Wolverine a much more emotionally complex character.

Frank Miller never actually fully wrote a Wolverine book.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users