» «
Photo

The Wolverine (2013)

37 replies to this topic
Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:24 AM Edited by shiva s, 31 March 2013 - 11:15 AM.

Official Webstite

user posted image

James Mangold [Director]
QUOTE (Wikipedia)
The Wolverine is an upcoming American/Australian superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Wolverine and is intended to be the sixth installment in the X- Men film series. Hugh Jackman reprises his
role from previous films as the title character with James Mangold directing a screenplay
written by Christopher McQuarrie, Scott Frank, James Mangold and Mark Bomback, based on the 1982 limited series Wolverine
by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller. In The Wolverine, Logan travels to Japan, where he
engages a mysterious figure from his past in a fight that has lasting consequences.

McQuarrie was hired to write a screenplay for The Wolverine in August 2009. Darren
Aronofsky was hired to direct the film in October 2010. In March 2011, the project was delayed following Aronofsky's departure and the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake
and tsunami. Mangold was brought on board to replace Aronofsky in June 2011
and Bomback was hired to rewrite the screenplay in September 2011.

The supporting characters were cast in July 2012 with principal photography beginning
at the end of the month in New South Wales before moving to Tokyo in August 2012 and
back to New South Wales in October 2012.

Cast
Hugh Jackman ... Logan / Wolverine
Famke Janssen ... Jean Grey
Brian Tee ... Noburo Mori
Will Yun Lee ... Kenuichio Harada / Silver Samurai
Svetlana Khodchenkova ... Viper
Hiroyuki Sanada ... Shingen Yashida
Tao Okamoto ... Mariko Yashida
Rila Fukushima ... Yukio
James Fraser ... Allied POW
Hal Yamanouchi ... Yashida
Luke Webb ... Allied POW
Ken Yamamura ... Young Yashida

Trailer

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:47 AM Edited by billy james, 30 December 2012 - 09:53 AM.

Can't wait, I've always liked his movies

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:31 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 30 December 2012 - 10:38 AM.

I wasn't the fan of the first Wolverine. I mean, it was cool, but it did some things with the characters that I didn't appreciate at all. Especially with Deadpool. And they could have done a lot more with one of the most underrated X-men, Gambit. And the entire movie felt too short. They could have had at least another 30 minutes of Wolverine when he was a kid or when he was young. Instead they only had those brief few moments in the beginning. A wasted opportunity if you ask me.

I'm still gonna see this one. It is Wolverine, after all. And in Japan so how f*ckin' cool is that!

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 10:31)
I wasn't the fan of the first Wolverine. I mean, it was cool, but it did some things with the characters that I didn't appreciate at all. Especially with Deadpool. And they could have done a lot more with one of the most underrated X-men, Gambit. And the entire movie felt too short. They could have had at least another 30 minutes of Wolverine when he was a kid or when he was young. Instead they only had those brief few moments in the beginning. A wasted opportunity if you ask me.

I'm still gonna see this one. It is Wolverine, after all. And in Japan so how f*ckin' cool is that!

Same with me, man. I watched the movie only after playing the game and it seemed like it was rushed to me but I liked the ending. I agree with you on the 30 minutes extra scene part, they could've added a flashback showing his childhood days. That would have made the movie even more interesting.

I'm quite excited about this as I couldn't wait to see the movie shooted in Japan. The antagonist is a Russian actress named, Svetlana Khodchenkova who plays the role of Viper in the movie. Will Yun Lee also plays an important role.

@billy james Well, that's cool, homie. I can't wait either.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine as always been cool and all, but where the hell is my Deadpool movie? I rather want that than this.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Isn't this supposed to be a sequel to Origins: Wolverine? I heard a while back that it isn't anymore.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 02:31)

That sums my thought up, as well.

It feels like they put a few names in a hat pulled Gambit out, and said, that's the guy we'll use in this throw away role. And they were on the right track with Deadpool, and then screwed it up.

Why don't we make this a general X-men movie topic, because Days of Future Past is coming out, and I'm f*cking excited. If they follow the story of that same name it can be great. Also it looks like it's set to have all the major names from the first three movies AND First Class coming back to reprise their roles. This means Magneto is played by McKellen and Fassbender, as well as Professor X being played by Stewart and McAvoy. On top of this Bryan Singer is coming back to direct.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:16 PM Edited by shiva s, 11 January 2013 - 11:19 PM.

New official movie pic of wolverine

user posted image

yeah!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:08 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 27 March 2013 - 10:06 PM.

Teaser...
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61667

And as for X-Men: Days of Future Past, I recently found out that Colossus will be returning. As in the same guy that played him in X2 and X3. And Peter Dinklage is rumored to be playing Bolivar Trask?

Full trailer...

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

Hugh jack as wolverine is the strongest character in the movies.
But is this really nesseccary? Unless its to set him up with the avengers, I don't think he needs his own movies.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 01:19)
But is this really nesseccary? Unless its to set him up with the avengers, I don't think he needs his own movies.

He doesn't need his own movies. But people want them. I want them. And the guys that are making the movies want money.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

Aye this movie looks cool. I really love they set it after the events of X3. I still wish the movie rights had been acquired by Marvel though. Just imagine the stuff they could do with Jackman's Wolverine!

Now where's my Deadpool movie?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 16:19)

Never going to happen, sadly. Unless 20th Century Fox and Disney decide to work together.

But, Wolverine is one of the most beloved Marvel characters, people want to see it. Even the first movie was enjoyable on some level, even if they did bad by Deadpool and Gambit.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 02:25)
Aye this movie looks cool. I really love they set it after the events of X3. I still wish the movie rights had been acquired by Marvel though. Just imagine the stuff they could do with Jackman's Wolverine!

Now where's my Deadpool movie?

Makes it more interesting, I thought it was another look back at his past, but this is after the events of X3?

I never liked that they put quite a definite end on it, well it seemed definite.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

they could've added a flashback showing his childhood days. That would have made the movie even more interesting.

With the amount of X-Men movies on the way, they might do an entire story based on his childhood. dozingoff.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 14:28)
they could've added a flashback showing his childhood days. That would have made the movie even more interesting.

With the amount of X-Men movies on the way, they might do an entire story based on his childhood. dozingoff.gif

Which others are coming, you know?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Confirmed that there is only this and Days if Future Past. But there's always the rumors of Deadpool.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

Bump...

People need to follow Bryan Singer on Twitter, these are some of the Days of Future Past pictures and vines he's been tweeting...

https://vine.co/v/bPXUHdHMwnm
BISHOP! And WARPATH!

user posted image
Storm

user posted image
Wolvie

user posted image
Kitty Pryde

user posted image
The set-up for shooting in 3D

user posted image
Prof. X (Or Serpico)

user posted image
Hank and Logan

user posted image
Mystique

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:08 AM Edited by Chukkles, 21 May 2013 - 10:08 AM.

Mind blown, I've only just seen what DOFP is going to be like. All future and past actors is awesome.

My one concern though, if they can time travel, could they save Xavior?
Also, if the past selves are going forward, wouldn't the future selves remember?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

In the books, no one actually time travels, if I remember correctly. The consciousness of Kitty Pryde from the future possesses the past Kitty Pryde to warn the X-Men of the horrible future where mutants are hunted down by the government.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 22:35)
In the books, no one actually time travels, if I remember correctly. The consciousness of Kitty Pryde from the future possesses the past Kitty Pryde to warn the X-Men of the horrible future where mutants are hunted down by the government.

That makes things more interesting, hopefully some actual duel stories going on and not just spend all the time in one time zone.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:53 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 24 May 2013 - 04:01 AM.

Another new trailer for Wolverine. It shows a lot of the same stuff, but we get to see a little more of the effects of the events of X3 on Logan, and we get to see a good shot of Silver Samurai.

The more I see of this movie, the more I'm not sure it's going to be all that great.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

hugh jackman sux as wolverine always has. they should have used Mk Delta to make Joe Pesci or Danny Devito lose weight so one of them could play him. wolverine being six feet tall? about as convincing as Don Cheadle's peahead portraying a dude who was based off of Jim Brown. If they get him to play Luke Cage also, i am leaving the country.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Monday, May 27 2013, 23:49)
If they get him to play Luke Cage also, i am leaving the country.

They should get Nic Cage to play Luke Cage - he's already got the name down!

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 15:14)
QUOTE (unc13bud @ Monday, May 27 2013, 23:49)
If they get him to play Luke Cage also, i am leaving the country.

They should get Nic Cage to play Luke Cage - he's already got the name down!

Dwayne Johnson says he want to play Luke Cage

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Monday, May 27 2013, 19:49)
hugh jackman sux as wolverine always has. they should have used Mk Delta to make Joe Pesci or Danny Devito lose weight so one of them could play him. wolverine being six feet tall? about as convincing as Don Cheadle's peahead portraying a dude who was based off of Jim Brown. If they get him to play Luke Cage also, i am leaving the country.

I disagree. I like him as Wolvie. At least from X2 and he was passable in Origins. In the first movie, he was too skinny. In the third movie, he f*cking cries.

I guess he's got a 50/50 chance of being good in this new movie.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:25 PM Edited by rudy., 01 August 2013 - 01:49 AM.

Was just about to make a topic for this, so glad I've found this.

Anyway, has anyone seen this yet? Imma catch this up on saturday.

So uh, does this movie take place before or after the events of X-Men trilogy? Sorry if they had already mentioned about this somewhere but I don't really keep up with movie news and all that.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:55)
So uh, does this movie take place before or after the events of X-Men trilogy?

After. Plus there's an after-credits scene that sets up the next X-Men movie, so don't miss it.

Overall, it was a decent movie. I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5. The action scenes were good and the acting was satisfactory.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

I still haven't seen it, I going tomorrow or Friday. But I'm hearing mostly positive reviews.

Anyway, should I just make a new topic for Days of Future Past? Maybe just an all around X-Men movie topic.

Zugzwang
  • Zugzwang

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

I liked this movie. The action was great, but the ending got to be a bit cheesy. The after credits scene was also cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users