MY thoughts on GTA V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic
kingbob182
  • kingbob182

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

I think people on this forum are becoming delusional. Every day I'm seeing ridiculous claims like "play as chop", "space exploration", etc.

I'll add to this as I get free time.

Here's my list of what I think the game will/will not have and a short reason for it.

Will Have:
3 Protagonists (obvious)
Car Customisation (Maybe not a stupid as the nitro & hydraulics in SA but some visual mods for sure as they wont impact anything but the appearance)
All of the vehicles we've seen in the trailer (Maybe not the boat that jimmy hangs from but certainly a possibility as they have the model already.)

Will Not Have:
Gyms which impact the player's appearance and character customisation (it was confirmed that this wouldnt be in it)
Female cops (We still haven't seen any. Although it s good to see we have at least 2 cop uniforms)
A fourth protagonist (I think there may be a mission or 2 where we can control someone else for a few minutes but a fourth protagonist has not been mentioned at all by Rockstar)
AI living their lives (Peds use more resources than you'd think. And the idea that each of them will have a detailed script for their daily lives is crazy. I'm sure we'll see different types of peds in different places based on the game clock but I can tell you they won't do more than 'bounce' between a 'home' and a 'job' location)
Children (People seem to think children will make an appearance because Michael has 2 kids. I think it's possible one might die but we won't be able to kill them or even see them outside of missions/cut scenes.)
Modern music on the radio (There will be no current popular songs on the radio. There may be classic rock but the idea is that they use classic or underground music that doesn't seem out-dated after 6 months playing the game)
Sliding across cars (Franklin did it in the trailer but we wont see it in free roam. It's something that is hard to write into a game without physics collisions. Is the car moving, not moving, tall, short? It's just hard to implement.)
Bar fights (another cut scene. But possible. I wouldn't rule out grappling but I doubt we'll be able to use environment (ie: bars) to hurt our opponent. Again, physics nightmare.)
Zoo/Aquarium (zoo would be controversial and is not important. People would make videos of killing animals. Aquarium is unimportant and doesn't seem necessary for any reason.)
Comedy Club (Split sides was one of my favourite additions to IV but it has not been mentioned so I really doubt it will return)

Don_Francisco
  • Don_Francisco

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:39 AM Edited by Don_Francisco, 30 December 2012 - 02:00 AM.

This goes here. - Actually never mind, let's tackle this here:

Female cops (We still haven't seen any. Although it s good to see we have at least 2 cop uniforms)

There's artwork wit a female cop, what do you think this would imply?

Modern music on the radio (There will be no current popular songs on the radio. There may be classic rock but the idea is that they use classic or underground music that doesn't seem out-dated after 6 months playing the game)

This doesn't make sense, at all, both GTA IV and the episodes had current (to their time music), the outdated argument is nonsense, every song will get outdated some time.

Sliding across cars (Franklin did it in the trailer but we wont see it in free roam. It's something that is hard to write into a game without physics collisions. Is the car moving, not moving, tall, short? It's just hard to implement.)

Sleeping Dogs has this, why can't GTA V have this too?

I'd be just as easy as pressing the (jump) button when sprinting near a car, and let euphoria handle the slding animation, you're making a big deal out of this.

Bar fights (another cut scene. But possible. I wouldn't rule out grappling but I doubt we'll be able to use environment (ie: bars) to hurt our opponent. Again, physics nightmare.)

Technically fighting someone in a bar constitutes as a bar fight. You're talking about context sensitive animations, something on which euphoria (surprise, surprise!) excels in.

Zoo/Aquarium (zoo would be controversial and is not important. People would make videos of killing animals. Aquarium is unimportant and doesn't seem necessary for any reason.)

Since there is wildlife confirmed, what's the difference between killing animals in the wild and on a zoo? I mean you're still killing animals.

You keep going about physics nightmare this physics nightmare that, but you're forgetting R* is using one of the most advanced game engines that excels in (surprise, surprise - again!) physics.

Other points are obvious/ don't have anything to comment on.

ill-thoughts
  • ill-thoughts

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

i think there will be a female cop we'll get to control at some point. there was Some focus put into the Vasquez character...so we'll see.

far as everything else, i dont care but there NEEDS to be a turfwar mode back in the game.

doutee7
  • doutee7

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (ill-thoughts @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 02:30)
i think there will be a female cop we'll get to control at some point. there was Some focus put into the Vasquez character...so we'll see.

far as everything else, i dont care but there NEEDS to be a turfwar mode back in the game.

wtf???
how will we control a female cop thats crazy!, you're crazy

ShiggyDiggyDoo
  • ShiggyDiggyDoo

i got a bad feel about this scoob

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

MY thoughts on gta v
i think ppl on this forum are becoming scoobal. erryday i see funny stuff liek "eat chop", "space flatulence", etc

ill add more stuff as i get free time,

will have:
3 prognists (obvsly)
car customisation (maybe some bling bling woop dee doo shagggy car like mystery machine)
all of the vecles we saw in the trailer (not the jimbillydillyhangyboat)

will Not Have:
Gyms which make you not be do you even lift auschwitz mode
Female dogs (we still havent seen any. if you do please call dooby for da roody)
IA living in a tree house (pedos eat more then you can think i'm sure we will see difrent
type of pedos in difrent bushes based on the game cock but i can tell you they wont do more
than bounce between a home and a job location
Chlidreen (ppl seem to thnk chillindree will app coz michel has 2 willy billys)
modern music (lik elenas gozem jistin biber michel schumacher etc)
Zoo (it is not importent like kill scoob because shag is swagg)

haarp
  • haarp

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

My thoughts on GTA V because I'm important and you should all read my opinion.

SnowySA
  • SnowySA

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

A female cop will not appear in the game, I think.
It would be harsh if you make a female cop death.
Media will go apesh*t and all news are coming by about "Rockstar Games is a women-hater company!"

GTA SA had many arts of persons and some of them never appeared in the final game.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

I stopped reading after I saw "no modern music".

Don_Francisco
  • Don_Francisco

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (ShiggyDiggyDoo @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 02:48)
MY thoughts on gta v
i think ppl on this forum are becoming scoobal. erryday i see funny stuff liek "eat chop", "space flatulence", etc

ill add more stuff as i get free time,

will have:
3 prognists (obvsly)
car customisation (maybe some bling bling woop dee doo shagggy car like mystery machine)
all of the vecles we saw in the trailer (not the jimbillydillyhangyboat)

will Not Have:
Gyms which make you not be do you even lift auschwitz mode
Female dogs (we still havent seen any. if you do please call dooby for da roody)
IA living in a tree house (pedos eat more then you can think i'm sure we will see difrent
type of pedos in difrent bushes based on the game cock but i can tell you they wont do more
than bounce between a home and a job location
Chlidreen (ppl seem to thnk chillindree will app coz michel has 2 willy billys)
modern music (lik elenas gozem jistin biber michel schumacher etc)
Zoo (it is not importent like kill scoob because shag is swagg)

10/10 GOTYAY

Would play everyday.

Media will go apesh*t and all news are coming by about "Rockstar Games is a women-hater company!"

GTA SA had many arts of persons and some of them never appeared in the final game.

What about equality? Killing male cops is fine but killing female cops is not? What kind of f*cking logic is that?

SnowySA
  • SnowySA

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (Don_Francisco @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 02:52)
QUOTE (ShiggyDiggyDoo @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 02:48)
MY thoughts on gta v

10/10 GOTYAY

Would play everyday.

What about equality? Killing male cops is fine but killing female cops is not? What kind of f*cking logic is that?

Yeah, i know, I don't know the answer too.

You know how the media is confused.gif

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Glad to see that we have a R* employee posting on the forums. sarcasm.gif

sivaG
  • sivaG

Shetland Pony

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

I hope there will be female cops.

Mr Mean Swag
  • Mr Mean Swag

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

I wish there are zoo's, then I will definitely make videos killing animals BECAUSE ITS A f*ckING VIDEO GAME NOT REAL LIFE YOU PETA IDIOTS!!!

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:34 AM Edited by aaronimpact, 30 December 2012 - 05:36 AM.

Playing as Chop is just stupid.

People that come up with stuff like that are the same people that say "This game sucks!" When the game doesn't have the features they want.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

Some ideas are just absurd, yes, but at the end of the day none of us truly know what will and will not be in game because we haven't played it yet. Some people just get carried away since we had a blow out of information and now we're going through another 'quiet' period.

We have a fairly in-depth GTA V Mythbusters! topic for known facts so far from all the previews we got to hold us over; feel free to add yours there if they have proper sources icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users